Merlin- cave (for merlins_khaleesi)

A pair of hands swatted over my eyes causing the world to go black before a warm voice whispered into my ear.

"Guess who?" The voice sent shivers down my spine not that I would ever admit it to him.

"A really hot knight would be great." I teased before he removed the hands. I turned to face him laughing as his mockingly shocked face came into view. "I'm kidding." I pouted wrapping my arms around Merlins waist.

"You better be." He laughed nudging his nose against mine. I pecked his lips gently before his arms pulled me closer to him. I rested my head against his chest,  a feeling of peace resting over me.

"Not that I do not enjoy your company but why are you distracting me from my jobs?" I mumbled against his chest as his hands rubbed circles along my back.

"I have come to whisk you away." He whispers in my ear causing me to shake my head smiling. I open my mouth to protest but not before he beats me to it. "I have already cleared it with Arthur."'

"You are the best person you know that right?" I raised up onto my tip toes so I was looking him in the eyes.

"I know."

Only a couple of hours later Merlin and I are riding through the forest. Well I am, Merlin is just trying not to fall off. 

"You aright over there?" I giggled as he once again readjusted himself on the saddle.

"Perfectly adequate thank you." He groaned, shifting on the horses back.

"A lot of big words there Merlin." I stuck my rounds out towards him laughing and he groaned in my general direction.

"You sound like Arthur." He looked over at me me grinning and I smiled back. My smile dropped as I noticed his grip slipping on the reigns.

"Merlin there's a-" I started but I was too late his horse had already walked into it. "Tree." I pulled my horse to a stop leaning forward laughing at Merlin desperately trying to move the horse out of the trees path. "Let's take a break." I suggested still laughing. He grumbled a yes in reply climbing off his horse. I did the same walking over to him trying and failing to hold my laughter back.

"Come on." He groaned linking our fingers together. We walked for what seemed like seconds but was several minutes in a comfortable silence. It was the kind of silence that was unnecessary to fill, the kind of silence that just proves when you love someone you don't need to always talk. He pulled myself in one hand and his horse in the other down a small slope where in the distance I spotted a small cave. I nudged Merlin gesturing to it before he nodded heading towards the cave. Together we tied our horses into a tree before heading downwards towards the cave. As we neared I could see a small pool of crystal blue water glistening against the cave rooftop. As if he was on an automatic reaction Merlin released my hand pulling his shoes and top off jumping into the water. Myself on the other hand was more reluctant to enter.

"Come in love!" He called before dipping down in the water flipping the hair out of his eyes.

"I will just wait here." I shouted back my voice echoing around the cave. He swam towards the edge as I removed my shoes lightly dipping them in the water. An evil grin came over his face as he neared my feet and I realised only a second too late what he was about to do. "Merlin no-!" I cry before his hands circled around my ankles pulling me into the water. I rise gasping before standing. Angrily I splash water at Merlin who just stands there laughing. "Your such an ass!" I cry, giggles erupting from my mouth as he swam towards me.

"Oh I'm sorry." He whispers once he reached me, his hands circling around me, trapping me in his embrace.

"I guess your forgiven." I tease running my hands up his wet bare chest.

"You guess?" He whispers and I hum, my being too transfixed in his features. "I think you need some convincing." His nose runs along my neck as his hands moved own so they are on my waistline. Surprising him I jump onto his waist, wrapping my arms around his neck and my legs around his torso.

"Oh really." I cock my head to the side, gently biting my lip.

"Really." He whispered before pushing his lips against my own. I instantly replied to his motions my hands winding their way into his hair. The taste of him lasts forever and is never wasted. His lips moved down to my neck as the water splashed between us. I could get lost in his touch and I never want this feeling to end. His hands gripped my waist tightly as he continued to kiss down my neck. I moved my head back as he continued to kiss me before I pulled away slightly. Confusion laced through his expression before I grinned, jumping off him.

"You tease!" He called after me as I ducked under water.

"You love it!" I shouted back sticking my tongue out.

"I love you!"