Merlin- polish (for CharleeCongreve)

I walked straight into merlins room with the permission of gauis to see Merlin sprawled out across the bed snoring gently. I smile at the sight of him before creeping around his room to the side of his bed. I knelt beside his bed and I rested my head on my hands. His breath was fanning my face as he slept and I would hate to break this sight. Too bad Arthur wants him.
"Merlin!" I shout causing his eyes to shoot open, as he pushes himself backwards, falling off the bed. My chest fills with laughter as I stand up and I look over the bed to see him on the cold floor. I laugh harder as a tear slips from my eye. I wipe it away grinning at Merlin who seems to be glaring at me.
"Was that really necessary?" He questions standing and brushing himself off.
"Always." I giggle as he comes over to me, wrapping his arms around my waist.
"And on what grounds did you have to wake me?" He places a kiss on my forehead, then nose, the cheeks before I answer.
"Arthur wants you." I state and he groans before kissing the top my of head.
"You know I would rather just stare at your beautiful blue eyes all day don't you?" He smiles at me and I feel my knees wobble slightly.
"I do." I say and he grins. "But Arthur does not." The smile falls from his face and he groans again walking away from me. He opens the door to his room and I walk out him behind me.
"See you later okay?" He questions and I nod before he pecks my lips running away to Arthur. I sigh as I watch him leave before going down to the kitchens to steal some food.
Around midday I find myself aimlessly roaming around the halls. A knight asked me to fetch something for him and even for the life of me I cannot remember it. Hands slap over my eyes and I squeal in shock elbowing the person in the stomach. I hear a faint ooph and I turn to see Merlin clutching his stomach.
"For someone so short you have a lot of power." He groans and I laugh shaking my head.
"Serves you right though does it not?" I giggle as he stand up straight so I have to crane my neck to look at him. He simply grins at me before taking my hands into his. He leans down his breath fanning my face before pressing his soft lips to my own. As his arms snake around my waist, my hands join around the back of his neck. His kiss makes my chest want to explode and my knees want to give way. I rise onto my tiptoes to get more of this, of this drug that I cannot live without.
A deep round of chuckles erupt from behind us and we break away finding Arthur standing there with his knights and Gwen with her lady's maid simply standing there grins on all their faces. I feel my face flush as merlins whole body stiffens.
"When I sent you for some polish this isn't what I meant!" Gwaine chuckles and I flush even deeper.
"I never thought anybody would want to do that to you Merlin." Arthur says grinning. Gwen slaps his arm but with a smile on her face. Merlin opens his mouth to say something but no words come out.
"Oh come on now leave them be," Gwen starts waving her hands around, "let us leave them so they can get back to what they were doing." She winks at me and the crowd of red cloaks disappear, Gwen along with them. I let loose a breath I did not realise I was holding before Merlin kisses my hair.
"I should-"
"I need to-" we both start at the same time.
"Go."
"Go." We both confirm breathlessly making us both smile. I lean up and peck his lips before turning away and walking away from him.
"Your amazing!" He shouts after me as I turn a corner leaving a giant smile on my face.