8. SuLay

(A/N requested @cecile_tinkerbell089 THANK YOU for supporting my stories just by reading them and commenting. I love comments. They are the essentials I thrive on! LOL! I hope you enjoy!)

'Yah! You're stupid. You're stupid because now I love you!' Suho scribbled on his notebook page. He had been drawing hearts all over the corner of his page and even wrote a little 'J+Y' for JoonMyeon and YiXing.

Suho has this crush on the not-so-cool-kid Lay, and being the really popular kid, Lay never really got the hint.

So annoying.

It had been bugging Suho for a while now that he didn't get it. He's been so obvious lately.

Like, for example, he switched tables from the cool-kid table to the literally-three-kids-including-me-sit-here table just to be next to him. He had become his friend, but to YiXing it seemed for no apparent reason.

He was the only one who even called him 'Lay,' everyone else called him Yixing even though he preferred Lay. He even quit studying with the popular kids because they make fun of Lay, so he studied in the library.

But all Lay really thought was that Suho was just being nice.

Once again, so annoying.

"Suho?" someone addressed him in a husky voice, obviously stifling a laugh. "What are you writing?"

Suho flipped his notebook closed immediately. He knew that voice by heart. Lay.

"Uh...it's nothing," he said trying to play it cool.

"Lemme guess. Yuri? Yoona? Who?"

"Not telling you!" he snapped a bit too harshly.

"I was just playing around...sorry..." he said, a boy it intimidated by his tone. He averted his eyes to the floor and walked out of the library Suho had been studying in.

"Lay! Wait up!" Suho called. He shoved his books in his back pack and hastily threw it over his shoulder to chase after his friend.

"Why do you hang out with me?" Lay asked. "You're the popular kid...I'm...a loser."

"Don't call yourself that! You're 100x cooler than any of my 'popular' friends..." I said using air quotes around "popular".

Lay smirked. "Sure I am..." His voice trailed off and he sighed.

"What?"

"Nothing..."

Suho's brow furrowed in confusion as he stared at his friend. Just then three tall guys stepped in front if them.

"Hey loser-boy, what you doing to our man, Suho? He hasn't been with us in weeks!" the tallest said. He had light brown hair and blue eyes that were narrowed to slits.

He stepped infront of Lay. "Leave him alone."

"Why should we? C'mon, Suho, we got things to do..." he said, playfully hitting Suho on the shoulder.

"Correction. You have things to do. We have our own things to do. Buh-bye!" Suho said, flashing him a sarcastic smile and walking off with Lay following closely.

Once they were far enough away, Lay stopped causing Suho to turn to see why. "Thanks...for saving me..." he said softly. "I owe you."

Suho chuckled. "All the dirty thoughts that run through my mind when you say that..."

"Suho!!!" Lay practically screeched, punching Suho on the shoulder. "Don't say things like that!! Eww!" He cringed and walked on ahead of Suho.

Suho laughed as he followed. "Didn't think you were that pure, Lay."

"And another question, why do you call me Lay? Nobody else does..." he asked turning around so he could face Suho.

"Because you said you liked it better. Why else?"

"Just...curious..." He sighed and continued walking.

"Where are we going?" Suho asked. Lay halted abruptly.

"I don't know..."

"We could go back and study in the library. We do have, like, 4 tests tomorrow," Suho acknowledged exasperatedly.

"Okay..."

_______________________

'Why can't you realize?! Gosh, I'm so obvious!! You just don't get it!' Suho wrote in cursive inside of a heart he drew earlier.

He continued to write in the hearts 'Wo An Ni', 'Sa Rang Hae', 'I Love You', 'Do You Love Me?', stupid mushy stuff like that.

He drew more 'J+Y's in cute little bubble letters and in flourishing cursive.

"Seriously, who's Y? I can't guess it!"

Suho slammed his notebook shut and immediately got shushed by the librarian. He flicked Lay's head. He was officially sick of him not knowing.

"Have you gone through every single 'Y' name?"

"Yes...Yuri, Yi, Yi Jung, Yi Sung, Young Joo, Young Hae, Yoona, Yumi, and Young Ae! That's it!!"

"But I don't like any of those girls," Suho said. "And a lot of them have boyfriends."

"Exactly!! I don't know!!"

"YIXING!!!"

"What?"

"No! I mean, that's it! YIXING!!"

"What? What abo- oh...Y i x i n g..."

Suho put his hands over his face. "Yes. You. That's it. I like you!"

"SHHH!" the librarian hissed. Suho mymbled an apology before looking up at Lay. "What?"

Lay was just sitting across from him, dumbfounded. His eyes wide open and his jaw dropped. He blinked a couple times and closed his mouth before he talked again. "Umm..."

"You hate me don't you?" Suho asked, tears threatening to fall from his eyes.

Lay smiled. "You have no idea how long I've wanted you to say that..."

"What?!" Suho said in suprise. He didn't think it would go that well...

"I love you too...LOOK!" he said pulling out his notebook.

Suho read it.

'I love you but you don't know'

'Wo An Ni'

'I love you'

'L+S'