Hes insecure.

Harry: "Babe?" You walked into the flat that you shared with your boyfriend, Harry, trying to find him. "Babe?" You went through the kitchen, then the living room, and still couldn't find him. You finally went to the bedroom, fiddling with the doorknob to find it locked. "Haz?" You knocked gently, "Harry, please open up. It's me. The boys said you barely talked at rehearsal today. What happened?" Silence. You knocked one more time. "Please? Harry, I'm your girlfriend..." You leaned against the door, and stumbled into the room when it was swung open. You turned around and looked at Harry, his eyes red and wearing a white shirt. "Babe?" You grabbed his face, rubbing your thumbs across his cheek. "Babe, what's wrong? Weren't we going out? Why are you wearing a teeshirt?" You frowned, the sight of a sad Harry breaking your heart. He sniffled, his voice a low murmur, "The tabloids. They say I dress gay." You almost cried yourself, seeing Harry so fragile. "Hey," you kissed him softly, "You do not dress gay. You are one of the best dressers I know, and easily out of the boys. Okay?" He smiled, kissing you back and moving towards the closet to change, "I love you, [Y/N]. Thank you."

Liam: "So, Liam," the interview started, crossing his legs and going straight for Liam. You were backstage, watching the boys complete an interview for a local talk show. You bit your lip, this interviewer looking like he was out for the kill. "What exactly has been wrong with you recently? First the hair, now the tattoos. Is it your new girlfriend? Our viewers have been blaming your split with Danielle for all of this. Comments?" Liam's eyes got wide, and all of the other boys looked at the interviewer in anger. "Well," Louis chimed in, slapping Liam's back playfully, "I think Liam's just trying to relate to the rest of his kids, right?" Louis' joke towards Liam's paternal ways changed the subject and got a laugh out of the audience. You watched the rest of the interview, and waited for Liam backstage. You watched as he went straight to his dressing room. You went straight there, not bothering to knock. You shut the door behind you and went up to Liam, hugging him tightly. "Don't listen to them..." You murmured. You pulled back, seeing Liam's red eyes. "Are they right? Am I losing it?" "No," you shook your head vigorously, "You're just getting older. You're nineteen, you can do these things. And you're not being stupid. Okay? I love you." He gave you a small smile, kissing your temple, "Love you more, [Y/N]."

Louis: You sat in a meeting with management, holding onto your boyfriend, Louis', hand for support as he got raked over the coals. "Really, Louis," the senior management agent shrugged, "This is just obnoxious. You're making all of us look bad." Louis nodded, keeping his head down. You squeezed his hand, this being just as painful for you to watch him be so scolded. "You need to stop being so childish in interviews," they continued, "It looks unprofessional and tacky. I mean seriously, you're twenty one. You need to grow up." Louis nodded, and they excused you to leave. You got outside and didn't say anything, and Louis was silent the whole way home. You got to your flat, and he still hadn't said anything. "Okay," you grabbed his hand and pulled him closer to you, "Don't listen to those pricks. Don't worry about it. Your personality is just that, yours. And it's unique and wonderful, and that's why I fell in love with you in the first place. Okay?" "But...," Louis was quiet, his eyes filling with tears, "What if they're right? What if I'm being a child?" "You're not," you shook your head, "Your madness has a method. Remember when you acted like a fool around Liam after his split with Danielle? It was to cheer him up. You make everyone happy. Including me." Louis smiled, kissing your nose, "You're a dork. But I love you."

Niall: "I'll definitely have...," Niall perused the menu out to eat with all the boys, "I think I'll have the burger. However, the ribeye looks delicious..." The waiter sat their patiently, pen in hand. "I think I'll have both!" Niall chuckled, handing the menu over. "Seriously?" Harry laughed, "Niall, I swear, one of these days your metabolism is going to catch up with you." "Ah," Louis giggled, pointing at Niall, "He has a point. You're going to get fat one of these days!" "Can't wait," Liam chuckled. You watched as Niall smiled at the boys, but you could see the insecurities building in his eyes. When you got home later that evening, you went straight to the fridge and pulled out the carton of ice cream - yours' and Niall's evening tradition. "No," he sighed, grabbing a glass of water, "I think I'm going to hold off." "Okay," you put it down, marching over to him, "You need to not listen to a thing the boys say. You're amazing, alright? Your appetite is fine. You're nineteen, this is how nineteen year olds eat. They're just jealous." He giggled, kissing your nose and pulling you closer to him. "Do you think so?" "I know so." "In that case," he grabbed the car keys and your hand, "To McDonalds!"

Zayn: You were doing your first joint-interview with Zayn, you finally gaining a near celebrity status of your own for being his girlfriend. "So," the interviewer pointed to him, "What's it like, dating such a bad boy?" You squeezed Zayn's hand, knowing how badly he hated that term. You looked at him and saw his eyes cloud up, and you knew this was one of his deepest insecurities. "He's not," you simply shrugged, deadpanning the conversation and making life harder for the interviewer. "Well," the interviewer gave you a cruel smile, "Are we supposed to believe this tattooed junkie is a good boyfriend? I mean, come on, we're not stupid. Right?" He looked out to the audience. You dropped your mouth open, appalled, and narrowed your eyes at the interviewer. Zayn's facial expressions dropped again, each comment the interviewer made engraining itself in Zayn's memory. "For your information," you snapped, demanding the attention in the interview, "Zayn is one of the most tender, gentlest people I've ever met. He surprises me with flowers, kisses me when I don't expect it, and makes me feel beautiful." The interviewer was shocked, but gained composure, "But I'm sure it's so you'll put out." You nearly growled, then smiled, "Again, for your information, usually I'm the one hoping he'll put out," you winked, "Because, look at him." You saw Zayn smile out of the corner of your eye and you beamed.