93

"Harry!" Skyler screams and snaps her fingers in front of my face.

An image of me and Darcy in the house we live in now starts to blur and I remember why I am here.

Yes, I chose my daughter. Yes I will never tell her that because then she will probably forgive me and decide to stay with me while I raise her. I can't waste her youth like that. I can't take her life and dreams away from her like that.

I made a choice for her. My heart broke into a million pieces. Yes, I was with my own child but I missed her so much. That note, I left on the bed, I meant it.

Marrying Allison was for Darcy. We wanted her to have a better life. We wanted her to have a happy family. Not for a split second, I thought about loving Allison. She is simply the mother of my child.

Maybe some people can work out being separate parents but after my parents divorce and my step dad coming into the picture my life was hell. I was not risking it with my girl.

So now I work two jobs, we try not to spend all the money Sky gave me since we want a trust fund but I try to take care of this family. If Sky and I were together, since Alli is in college, I take care of Darcy during the night while she studies so I wouldn't even sleep beside her at night. I work from home for one job while Alli goes to her classes and when she comes back, I go to my second job and come home at about eleven. From there, I put Darcy to bed.

Last night, if Sky wouldn't have called, I was gonna have sex with Alli. We didn't do it before, we just didn't feel like it was right. But now, we started to enjoy each others company.

"Here." I decide I don't have an explanation without exposing Darcy so I take the key out of my back pocket and give it to Sky.

She hesitantly takes it, eyeing me with big and confused eyes.

I would want this to end differently. I would have wanted Darcy to be Sky and my kid. Then life would be easier. But Darcy is Allison's daughter and she is my daughter. I had to do whats best for
her and Sky.

So now I see her, in front of me with a shattered heart, thinking I cheated her. I want to reach out and tell her the truth but I also know it will ruin her future so I keep my mouth shut. If one day she realizes whats going on, maybe she can forgive me and we can be happy again. For now, I need to keep my heart sealed and shut the fuck up.

I want to tell her thats why I freaked out so much when she told me she could be pregnant. Thats why I can't come live with her if she is pregnant. Thats why I had to leave and marry Alli. Thats why I don't spend everyday with her and have to conceal my thirst for her in these time we make love.

"So you won't say anything? Just have me walk out of your life that?!" Her words are bitter and they linger in my skin.

I don't say anything. Sky huffs and walks out, hitting my shoulder on her way out. Then she unlocks the door and slams it on her way out.

I lost her. I lost her for good this time. She won't ever call me. She won't get too mixed up in her feelings and take me to her hotel anymore. She will never answer when I call her at night. I will never be able to touch her.

Sky's POV

When I come to myself again, I am sitting by Pier 78 in Manhattan, drinking Smirnoff right out of the bottle.

I know I am not supposed to drink or take drugs but I already popped some Molly and drank half a bottle. His betrayal hit me hard.