36

Sky's POV

We get back on the road. Harry is driving like always since I don't like driving.

I don't like checking the cars around me, seeing if they are too close or I am too close, checking the speed limit, checking the gas, checking when passing a car, checking if the road is clear. I just don't like all that.

Ironically, I love road trips. We had a few when we were kids with my mom and dad and this is better then that. I remember screaming over which song to play or where to stop or having to pee. We don't have that with Harry and I like staring at his beautiful face as he drives.

"Oh oooh oh oh ohhh, money on my mind! Money, money on my mind!!" I sing a tune stuck in my head and it kills me not remembering the songs name.

"Do you know which song thats from?" I ask to Harry as he drives and I pull a hair strand off my face. I forgot to pack a hairbrush. Left mine with Rose and now my hair is all tangled and flying everywhere. Thank god its not long anymore. The blonde color strikes me every time I look in the mirror but not having to dye my roots brown is a good feeling.

"Give me some more." He responds smiling and I can see a glimpse of his eyes under his sunglasses.

"I don't have any else babe." I say and he chuckles then turns and gives full attention to the road. This car is automatic, praise the lord, so his right hand is on my thigh as he drives.

He gently brushes or squeezes it occasionally like he is doing right now and its so picture perfect. Its like a Polaroid on Instagram. My hair flowing around because he has it in a bandana, both of us wearing sunglasses, Beyoncé blasting through the crappy sound system, the sun setting behind us. Its perfect...with him.

"Harry can I confess something?" I ask and he 'uhus'. I bite the inside of my cheeks nervously then put my hand on his before talking.

"I am sorry. I am sorry for being an asshole and just overrrr, reacting to that. I was just... I don't know... I don't know what I was but it wasn't right. I love you and thank you for sticking around through better and worse." I force a smile which he responds by taking my hand and kissing it.

"Love, I won't say I will never leave you because who knows what will happen but I know I ain't gonna leave you when you need me. I love you and you love me and what we have is so darn rare. I won't leave you until you choose to leave me or this love we have dies. I know its not gonna be any time soon but I promise, I ain't gonna flee when things get hard." He responds then smiles and goes back to driving. I think about that.

It takes people decades for their love to die off. What could kill it? Cheating, no sex, no communication, distance? Or, why would I leave him? Cheating, self hate, murder? I laugh at that a bit, thinking Harry killing someone. It seems impossible. He didn't leave me for that, why should I? I killed Liam, I killed many gangsters and body guards.

I was this cold hearted, protected and introverted girl who stole stuff and didn't believe in love. Now I cook, travel with my boyfriend and is taunted by my previous mistakes. This is so not me. Or maybe, this is me. I am this in heart, I am this pure and innocent and naive. Maybe I was never that cold hearted person. Maybe I was too scared to be anything else. How come am I not scared now? How come this lovely boy next to me fixed me?

What if I chose another dead end street to catch my breathe in and never met Harry? Would I even be alive?

"What are you thinking?" He asks me as the song changes to 'Afire Love'. I blush in embarrassment when Harry smiles in triumph.

"I thought-" he starts but I cut him off and grab my phone to change it. Its the song he played at the gun rage and had me dance to it. We weren't like this back then. I was still protected and guarded and I told him I hated that song. I actually came to like it and downloaded it to listen to it when I was on and off. It kinda kept me calm and peaceful. I did that when I was alone, staring at the skyline in our room. It kept me reminiscing of us and took my mind off reminiscing Zayn.