44

Kinda thinking of doing a double update today since this chapter is shorter. What do you guys think? Comment if you want!!

Harry's POV

I close the door behind me as I hear her shriek from the other side. It takes me everything, not to slam the door and get back inside, engulf her into my arms and console her, tell her I am not gonna leave. Then, I remember all she told me and my heart brakes. I have too much pride to do so. I can't exactly get myself to move either. I contemplate for a moment but decide to sit on the floor, lean on the door and wait until I can finally leave. This is it. This is it for us. When I leave this building, we will be parted forever and I am not quiet ready for that, not this very moment.

We went through a lot. We went through more then most married couples go in fifteen- twenty years. Our love was what kept us together. Our undying, compassionate love towards each other. I told her before, I was never going to leave her when things get tough. I would only leave if our love died. It did. For her.

She suddenly got irritated. She had this twisted thought of making me leave. She told me she was done with me. She told me she was over us. She told me she did not love me. She told all that and ten times worse over and over again and I couldn't take it anymore. It was too much to bare. It was too much to take from her.

I loved her unconditionally and I did my best to tell that to her. She never quiet got that in. She always thought there was a hiccup, there was always a dead end, a profit, something fishy. I don't blame her. She doesn't know what purity is. I thought I taught her that. Turns out I couldn't.

I snap out of my thoughts when her sobs quicken. This does not add up. Someone who said all of those things to me wouldn't cry this much. She is crying like her organs are being ripped apart and I know she is genuinely in hurting. My heart aches for her. For the both of us.

I never wanted this. I never wanted to leave her, not like this. We were strong together until suddenly we weren't and we broke. I could have fought harder maybe. I could have held onto her. Maybe I should have. At some point, she was constantly saying that I should leave and she was a bad habit. She was babbling on and on about how bad she was on me no matter how many times I denied it. We slept in the same bed, facing opposite sides, never touching and she cried while I tried to win her back. Something was off in her head, all hope for us was dead.

I love her, I still do but she does not love me. She made that very clear. Maybe she wants to be single, drop all the worries I bring to her life. She doesn't get that I need her as much as I need her. She was my baby girl.

I try with everything I have in me to not go back to her so I get up and grab my suitcase. I hear ruffling noises on the other end so I quickly jump down the stairs and run when I hear her open the door.

My heart says to go back but my body keeps running. I run across the street and into this alleyway. I duck behind some bushes and wait for her to come out. I want to see her again. She thinks she broke me, she thinks I hate her now and can't stand her. I can't. I am angry at her for taking herself away from me for unreal reasons. I am also mad at her because after all this, she still does not trust me and accused me of cheating. But I also love her. That seems to suppress a lot.

It does not take her long to get out. I feel grateful for leaving her gas money in the car. I see her fully dressed, made to perfection. She looks as if she was not crying half an hour ago. She looks okay.

She puts her suitcase in the trunk and gets inside. I am not far away and I see her reflection from the rear view mirror. She looks at her own reflection and I know she is everything but okay. She puts on her sunglasses and opens the shade. She finds the money thank god. I can see her read to note I left as she rolls down the windows. She then suddenly starts crying. I kinda hear 'Afire Love' and then she pulls away, sobbing, her makeup all over her face and she looks so broken, my heart is broken all over again.