Slow Dance

"I was talking to you." He says. I scrunch my eyebrows and I my eyes grow wide. Did he just say that.

"So love, let's start out with purple" I say and ignore him.

"Natalie!"

"What?" I say facing away from him.

"Can we talk?"

"No."

"Please?"

"No." I say and he sighs.

"Hey Natalie!" Liam yells and I look back.

I apologies to lux and return her to her mother, I then excuse myself away from him. I walk up to Liam and he pulls my hand.

"Let's dance!" He says and I smile.

"Let's" I say, he takes me to the ball room and he puts me in position.

We are in the center of the ballroom and we are dancing like the others. Waltzing around and smiling at other guests, we danced so amazingly, gently, gracefully. Out of nowhere Liam gets a tap on the shoulder and looks back.

"May I?" Says Zayn and Liam respectfully bows his head.

"You may sir Malik" I started laughing at their ridiculousness and went to Zayn, he actually chatted a few words with me, while Liam instead decided to enjoy the moment.

"So are you having fun love?"

"Yes, I am having a wonderful time, thank you!" I respond.

"So, where is he?" He says out of the blue while we waltz. I immediately know who's he's talking about.

"Where is who?" I say pretending as if I had no clue.

"Oh c'mon, Harry, where is Harry?" he asks and I look away from him.

"I don't know." My voice lifeless. He tries to find the expression on my face but he can't seem to know what I'm trying to show.

"Well, I think you'll know now." He says and in confusion, I scrunch my eyebrows at him and suddenly Zayn gets a pat on the shoulder.

I wait for Zayn to move a bit until I can see him.

"May I?" He asks quietly.

Zayn looks over at me, I take a little while but just give one nod down. He looks back at Harry and smiles.

"Go right ahead mate!" He says and he lets go of me. Harry smiles at him then looks back at me, it was awkward but I showed no emotion.

"May I have this dance?" He says slowly putting himself in a waltz position. After a hesitation, I nod once and connect my hand with his and he places one hand gently on my waist and it was awkward because we were distant and that's how we started dancing. I was uncomfortable and it wasn't really fun.

"Alright ladies and gentleman, time to get ready for the lovely slow dance, grab your lover and slow dance with them!" The man from the stage said and all of a sudden everyone brought themselves to the center of the ballroom.

Harry stood there staring at me and I just rolled my eyes.

"Do you still Wanna-?" He says quietly

"Sure." I reply blankly and we start. The music was nice and slow, it was very soothing. The clean sounds of violins and piano keys strumming through my ears. I slow danced with him awkwardly and he knew.

"So, now that I have your full attention. I just want to say that I'm so-"

"Harry, please..lets just..enjoy the peace and quiet of this music. Before I change my mind about this slow dance." I say looking to my side. I still have not made eye contact with him.

"But Natalie-"

"What Harry? I know what you're going to do. You're going to apologies right, yes! So, in return I will forgive you.. It's ok what you did, I forgive" I say quietly and he doesn't reply for a while.

"That's it? You forgive me?" He says in disbelief.

"Yes."

"How rubbish, No!, that's not how it goes! You're suppose to be mad at me for being a prick and doing the wrong thing" he whispers and I smirk.

"Exactly. But I'm not" I whisper back

"But then...then--" he says and I felt as if I had to look into his eyes. I finally turn my face towards his direction and I looked deep into his eyes, his eyes widen and his expression changes. He places his delicate pale fingers on my jawline and he looks into my gaze.

"...How will we be?" He asks in hesitation. I take a moment to sigh and respond.

"We..Won't..Really be anything Harry" I whisper and our dancing stops, I look down and he just stands there staring at me. Suddenly, he turns around and just walks off.

"Harry" I say a little louder but he ignores and disappears into the mellow crowd. I stand there confused and shocked that he did that but I wouldn't blame him, I was sad too. Things could have been better but I guess only time will tell.