Oh no

The door opens and all of us face its direction. The doctor walks in with a clipboard and suddenly Harry, Anne and my mother all go to the side waiting for him to speak and tell the results.

"How's my wonderful patient doing?" Mr.Smith says with a smile.

"Getting there doc."

"Well from the results that I got here, you are obviously not in good condition my dear."

My smile fades away as I hear the terrible news

"What's the matter?"

"Well, you have about 4 parts of your body that are sprained. That is your left foot, both arms, and your left rib is broken. Surprisingly your nose is just brutally bruised but not broken thank goodness, big surgery for that. We will keep you in for tonight and you will be home by tomorrow, but you are home for the same state. You will be immobile, you'll just be resting in the comfort of your own home.

(He then turns to my mother) I actually need to say that since Natalie is badly injured. I'm afraid someone will have to stay home with her at all times for about a month until she gets everything back in place. By the end of the month, we will check on her to see of she has any improvements. Now please excuse me everyone I must go get her medications set. Hope you get well soon Ms. Brooks."

"Thank you Mr. Smith"

Mom has a worried look on her face. She looks at Anne then back at me.

"Well sweetheart I must talk to Anne outside real quick, give us a minute."

I wonder what's going on? I look over and Harry just stands there awkwardly. I watch him slowly and carefully as he closes his eyes for about 3 seconds and then opens them. He looks at me. He then turns towards the door.

I speak. "I'm really sorry... I must respect and.. I should have never done what I did. "

I say looking down. It's silence. I then look up but he's gone. It takes a while for me to rethink what just happened but something interrupted my thoughts. Mom, Anne and Harry all walk in. Harry has his hands in his pockets and his head once again looking down. Mom and Anne have a worried look on their faces. "Darling, we have something to say, we're sorry but I need someone else to take care of you because Anne and I are going on a book club business trip to Spain & we had these tickets in last week, we're sorry that neither one of us could stay home with you.. oh goodness Anne who am I going to find within hours to take care of her the entire month?"

Mom says rubbing her head. Anne shakes her head in disappointment. I hate feeling dependent for others. It makes me feel like I'm lazy or I need help and in this case I do, but I will try to cure quickly so that I can do things on my own soon.

"I'll do it."