My last day here

I'm not going to lie, it was uncomfortable and Mr. Smith isn't bad looking. He looked about in his late 20's and he was a very tall fit man and he did have dirty blonde hair with an amazing smile. I'm pretty sure he's got family from a foreign country since he looks so extravagant.

"Sir, I apologize but it is my job, and don't worry, I'm only here to help your girlfriend." he says

"Oh I am not his girlfriend" I say. Strange to say, Harry didn't say a word.

"Oh ok then." the doctor says embarrassed but then smiles

"Then I guess someone wants to be, yeah?" Harry just rolls his eyes and goes on his phone.

••••

Finally when Mr. Smith leaves, it was time for them to leave. "Alright darling I will see you next month ok! Anne and I have to catch a plane to Spain and once again I'm very very sorry, if I hadn't known I wouldn't have gone but it's a business trip and I already paid so I have to go. Harry will be here if you need him alright!"

she says. I sigh

"Ok mom, I'll miss you very much"

"Oh sweetheart, I'll miss you too." She leans in and gives me a kiss on the forehead and a gentle hug. "Have a wonderful trip Anne, I'll miss you too" Anne gives me a kiss and a hug as well. I just stare at Harry afterwards as he tries to make this all awkward.

"Well Natalie call or text me any time you want ok. We can video chat too, I'll be here early in the morning before I go to say goodbye one last time alright darling." Mom says.

"Ok"

"Well, we better get going, yeah?" Anne nods and Harry just stands there.

"Bye Sweetheart sleep tight alright! Call if you need anything!" She says waving goodbye. I nod and wave goodbye as I see the three leave and Harry was last. Before he walks out he gives me one last glance and walks out. With one simple look, shivers ran down my spine. Great, I wonder how these past few weeks will be..

••(Next Day)••

I woke up to a beeping, finally realizing where I was. I look over and see a nurse with a box of objects in a plastic bag. This time it was a woman and she looked nice. She glanced over and smiled.

"Well good morning Ms. Brooks, sleep well?"

"Good morning Ms..Hughes, yes I did actually, strangely better than usual"

"Well it's your lucky day, From the records yesterday we thought that you would have to stay in later this evening but since you slept so well, I guess you can go home in about an hour." she says nicely

"Well that's wonderful" I smile at her still feeling a bit tired.

"We have your heavy strength pain relief so you might sleep earlier than usual! I can tell you're a bit dozy today" she says giggling

"I wouldn't mind sleeping early at all" I say yawning.

"Well Ms.Brooks I must go check up on another patient. It was nice meeting you and get well soon love." she says waving goodbye and she took a big cart filled with hospital stuff with her

"Bye Ms. Hughes and thank you" Now I just wait.