Disaster

The bell rings, I run out as fast as I can so that I don't have to bump into the devil himself. I got a text earlier from Gabi that she couldn't take me home because she left early for an appointment at the doctors, so I had to walk home. I run out the building as fast as I can, not looking back. I reached the long sidewalk that led a trail to my house. Listening to some music on my phone, I turn the curb, chose another song and then shut it off to enjoy the rest of the tune.

Looking up, I stop. Standing there, staring right at me with an evil gaze of admiration on his face, was my
Devil. His eyes were dark but piercing green as well, his shoulder length brown hair, he was wearing dark jeans, a navy flannel buttoned up with three buttons down, and black converse. I stand there scared "Where were you?" He says low and slow with lack of emotion. "I umm-"

"Answer." I just keep my head down. "I-I..."
"Urghhh your such a dumb ass, answer me." He says as he walks up to me, pulls my chin up and squeezes my cheeks against his hand and pulls it away from his sight. I turn around and inhale deeply, shocked by his actions.

"I was no where." I say sniffling in to hold in the pain. I turn to him, he looks furious "Next time-" he says but doesn't finish as he swings his fist in my stomach "Don't-" another swing "Ever..." And another, "Walk away alright you bitch." he yells in my ear and then pushes me hard towards the ground. I immediately fall as the numbness runs all over. In pain groaning, "Answer me" he says while kicking my back as I'm on the floor panting "I.. I-promise." I say barely able to even look up at him "Good" he yells with one more hard kick and I blacked out.

•••••

I woke up and my surrounding was strange. I look to my right and I see trees, my left trees, I look up to see darkness hover the now tinted pink and yellow skies. Great, Harry left me in the middle of nowhere and it's almost dark. I sat up and stared into the dark air. I was alone, I had no clue where I was, in pain. "Why?..." I mumble to myself as my headache clouds my thoughts.

I get up, and limp my way towards the dead empty road. About an hour or so, I finally discovered where I was. It was now dark and I walked up the steps towards my house. Before I walked in, I tried to not look damaged even though I was mentally screaming in pain. I step in quietly, close the door, and try my best to make it before mother catches me. I spoke too soon.

"Natalie, where have you been?!" Mom says walking up to me. "I'm sorry, I was.."

"Where?" she said with her arms crossed. "I was at Gabi's?" I said in a questionable tone. Smooth move Natalie. "What did you two do? Run across the Amazon and back?"

"Uhhh"

"Well, doesn't matter now, we have to get dressed, we're going to have dinner and guests tonight."

"Who?"

"Ah, I'm so glad you asked, you might know them, well you might know her son. Hegoes to your school and he's about your age. I met his mother at the book club." (typical)

"Mom, as much as I'd 'love' to attend dinner, can I just please get some rest and stay in my room?" sighing, I began to walk upstairs, she interrupts.

"Oh that's right, his name is Harry" I stop.

"Wait.. What?..Harry who?" I say praying to dear God not to be Harry Styles

"I think it's uhh..Oh goodness what is that boys name..Oh yes, Harry Styles" she says with a smile.

Looks like my nightmare hasn't ended yet.

"Yeah, I know him."

I simply nod but she frowns and turns her head to the side.

"Sweetheart come here." I confusingly walk up to her slowly. She lifts up my chin and I was close to groaning out in pain, but all I did was whisper,

"Ouch."

"Natalie what happened to you? you have a big red mark on your face and your eyes look swollen, you look worn out, why are you covered in dirt?" she said with terrifying concern.

"I uhh, I fell." she scrunches her eyebrows together

"You fell?, that's the most stereotypical excuse I've heard-"

"No, why I came late! I fell...in a dirt pile." hopefully she'll buy it.

"Hmm. Alright, I'll let that terrible lie slide by, but I'll be letting you know that I am aware of this. Now, get cleaned up, we have guests in an hour." I nod once again and turn back to the steps.

Having the urge to scream my lungs out knowing that the worst person I know, will be in my house, eating my food, near me. Just thinking about it gives me gag reflexes. Since I wasn't going to join dinner, I've decided to wear something casual. Showered, got dressed. For clothes, I wore jeans, a plain gray t-shirt, white socks, along with my hair washed, and down.

My final touch up was the most important, I sat down and took out my cover ups. I grabbed the baby lotion and gently rubbed it against my bruised and bare cheeks, they were so sore from the many times he's hit me there, I got some concealer and placed it on the border of my lips and eyes, my lips are merely cut open and purple, my eyes were in dark circles and swollen, which was lack of sleep. The least I could do was hide them. I then added lip treatment for the cuts, hygiene products, there, done.

I headed down stares and from peeking at the top of the steps, I could see his shoes. The shoes that left marks on my stomach. I hesitantly walk down stairs. When they see me I noticed by his right hand immediately grip onto the pocket swoop of his jeans, and his left hand fingers were now fiddling with his thumb.

"There she is." mother says as she motions me to join her. I lift my head up and pull a smile, "Hello" I simply say.

"Natalie, this is Anne Cox, Anne this is my daughter, Natalie."

"Very nice to meet you Natalie, your mother has mentioned you many times and she was right, you are absolutely Beautiful." She says most sincerely.

She wasn't what I imagined. Actually she's way better, too kind.

"Well it is very nice to meet you too Mrs.Cox and thank you so much. I'm flushed, and the pleasure is all mine" we all share small smiles. All except Harry, I feel his intimidating stare mock my presence. Watching from my side view, I summarized that he hasn't taken his gaze off me since I showed up.