Chapter 47

(3rd PoV)
"Fire Vortex!" Zach chanted. A fire vortex tunnel charged towards (Y/N). (Y/N) raised her hand mid-air, "Water Wall.". A wall of water rose from the ground, extinguishing the fire. A series of ooo's came from the crowd. "Rock Rain." (Y/N) said as various rocks of different sizes attacked Zach. Zach dodged most of them but was still hit. "Flame Ring!" Zach yelled. A huge ring of fire appeared around (Y/N).

(Your PoV)
'He's learned so many mew moves. He's also stronger. I sense stronger magic power from him. And something else..' I looked around me and sighed. "Rain Cloud." A rain cloud appeared over me and started to extinguish the fire. I put my hand over my head so the water went around me to not wet me. I heard footsteps and turned around. Zach was coming at me with his fist engulfed with fire. I dodged him but he managed to hit my shoulder. I hissed quietly from the pain. I shrugged it off and tripped him. He face-planted onto the ground. I smirked and walked backwards away from him before he could get up.

"Dark Fire Charge." I heard him whisper. 'What?!' I froze once I heard him whisper that. Black Fire was coming towards me at an alarming speed and I couldn't move. 'He learned dark magic..?!' I was hit directly in the gut and I fell to the ground with my eyes closed. My stomach was hurting like crazy. I opened my eyes only to see that Zach was walking right towards me. I raised my hand mid-air, "Elemental Tunnel.". I hit Zach before he could get closer and he fell on the ground. As I was holding my stomach, I stood up and walked to Zach. I was right in front of him when he opened his eyes. He was about to chant a spell, but I beat him to it. "Water Spray." I said as water hit him in the face. I stopped and pulled him up. "Are you two done?" Makarov said. Zach was about to say no when I gave him a glare. "Yes. We're done." I said. Everyone came closer to us and Natsu stood next to me. "Did Alex teach you dark magic..?!" I asked. Zach nodded slowly. I clenched my fist, "I told you to never learn dark magic and you disobeyed me..!". "I know, but why?!" Zach asked. "Because it's dangerous! I don't want you to get hurt..!" I said. I pulled him towards me and hugged him. "I know you want to protect me and I know you want to repay me for taking you in, but you don't need to." I said as I broke the hug. When I looked at Zach, he was crying. "I-I'm sorry mom..!" He cried. I smiled and patted his head. Everyone around me gasped. I looked at all of them. "What?" I asked, confused. "You smiled.." "You haven't smiled in years.." "I've never seen you smile before." I heard people say. I put on my normal bored look on, "Well don't get used to it.". They all groaned until Master spoke up. "That was a great fight you two. Zach, you have really improved. I'm proud child." He said. Zach bowed, "Thank you Master.". "Now come on. We have a birthday to celebrate!" Master exclaimed.

"Happy Birthday Zach!"