Chapter 34

(3 months later, 3rd PoV)
It's been 3 months since (Y/N)'s heart was broken by Natsu and it's been 3 months since Zach and (Y/N) started to slowly dislike Natsu and Lucy. Well (Y/N) already disliked Lucy. (Y/N) and Zach were now part of Team Natsu, so over the course of 3 months, they went on a lot of jobs together. No one has suspected them. Not even once.

(Your PoV)
Zach and I walked into the guild and walked to Masters office, while receiving greetings. 'It's time.' I knocked in the door and heard Master say 'come in'. I opened the door and stepped in as Zach stayed in the doorway. "Master, it's time." I said as Zach nodded from behind my. Master nodded and stood up from his chair. "Okay child." He said as we exited his office and stood on the balcony. Master cleared his throat and when nobody listened, Erza made them shut up and listen. "Liz and Kyle have an announcement to make." Master said as everyone nodded and listened. Zach and I stepped up towards the balcony as Master stood behind us. "You ready mom?" Zach asked me as he looked at me through his mask. I nodded and we both faced everyone. We both took a deep breath and started to take off our masks. We took them off completely and tossed them behind us. Everyone gasped, then started to cry. "No way.." "It can't be.." "Their dead.." I heard people say.

I looked at Team Natsu and saw them cover their mouths and started to cry. I saw Natsu climb up on a table and look at me straight in the eye. "Why?! Why the hell would you keep this from us?!" He shouted. Zach and I glanced at each other and sighed. "Reasons that you don't need to know about." I said harshly. Zach and I jumped down from the balcony and landed on our feet. Everyone surrounded us. "Listen. I apologize for doing this. But I had to do what was best at the time for Zach. We had to do this." I said sternly as Zach nodded. "My mom had to do this. We had to do this." He said. "You can either accept us again or kick us out." We both said in unison. Everyone then started to cry harder and came to hug us.

As everyone departed from us, the last people to come to us were Team Natsu. Erza was in the front and Natsu and Lucy were in the back. Erza stepped towards us. "If you're going to slap us, then go ahead. But don't slap Zach." I said. I then felt her hug both Zach and I as I heard her cry. "You idiots! I can't believe you two did this to us!" She scolded as everyone except Natsu came to hug us. Zach started to cry and apologize while I only apologized. Everyone then broke apart and stepped behind Natsu. Gray pushed Natsu towards us. "Zach.. (Y/N).." Natsu said as he took a step closer to me. Zach and I took a step back. "Don't even think about it Natsu. You have a girlfriend that you love. A girlfriend that you love more than you loved me." I said harshly. I heard and saw Lucy whimper and hide behind Erza. "(Y/N) I-" Natsu began to say but I put my hand up. "I don't want to hear it Natsu. You've made your decision." I said as I pushed past him. "Come on Zach. We've got to go buy food." I said as Zach and I walked out of the guild, leaving everything bewildered.

(Back at home, after buying food.)

"Mom, do you still love Natsu?.." Zach asked as he ate his stew. I put my dish and spoon in the sink and started to wash it when he asked that. ".. Yeah. I don't know why though.." I said as I finished washing my dish and spoon. "Well you did used to be best friends. And he's practically cheating on you since you guys never broke up." Zach said as he chucked. I smiled and faced him, "Yeah, you're right. But we 'died' so I guess that counts as a break up..?" I said unsurely. Then there was a knock on the door. "Come in!" I yelled at I heard the door and multiple footsteps, then the door closing. 'Team Natsu..' "Come on Zach, they're in the living room." I said as Zach and I headed to the living room. Erza, Gray, Wendy, Lucy, Carla, Happy and Natsu were all sitting down. "What do you guys need?" I asked as I leaned against the wall. "We have some questions for you two." Erza said as she stood up. "Ask away." I said as they all nodded. "How come Natsu wasn't able to recognize your scent but now he can?" Erza asked. I sighed and nodded to Zach who went upstairs to get our cloaks. When he came back down, he was carrying our cloaks. He handed me mine. "I put a spell on these cloaks so that it hides our scent. I knew that without these cloaks, Natsu and the other dragon slayers would recognize our scents." I said. "Smart." Gray said as Erza, Wendy and Lucy nodded. "How did you fake your deaths?" Wendy asked. I sighed and sat down and so did Zach. "It wasn't easy. Especially since Zach was only 8, so it took some work and timing." I started as I felt Zach's glare. "You guys saw that bright light, right?" I asked as they all nodded. "Well that bright light was us. We had to make you guys look away so we could so what we needed to do. I teleported Zach and I to some nearby abandoned houses. There, I created bodies that were made out of ice and fire. My body was only made out of ice and some slight fire. The ice was a special kind that doesn't melt with fire. I also put a recording in mu body." I said. "So that's why Zach's body was already cold?" Wendy asked. Zach nodded. "Wait, if that was a recording.. Then you didn't mean what you said..?!" Natsu exclaimed, obviously angered. "That's not true Natsu! I did mean it!" I said as I stood up and clenched my fists. "Guys, calm down. Please." Gray said. I sat back down and didn't look at Natsu. "Anyways.. That's impressive (Y/N) and Zach." Erza complimented. "Thanks, but my mom did most of the work." Zach said as he looked at me. I smiled slightly. "But still. We're sorry for doing this to you guys and everyone around Fiore.." I apologized. "It's alright. You guys are here now and thats all that matters." Gray said as everyone nodded. "At the funeral, something was weird.." Carla said. "What?" Zach asked. "Some people from the Magic Council were there.." Carla said. "Yeah, I noticed that too." Lucy said. I paled, "Fuck.". "Mom, you forgot to tell them, didn't you?" Zach asked as I nodded. "Forgot to tell us what?" They all asked in unison. I stood up and scratched the back of my head.

"That I'm part of the Magic Council."