Chapter 27

(3rd POV)
"You're supposed to be dead!" (Y/N) shouted at Gildarts. She pulled on the hood of her cloak and looked at the ground, with her fists clenched. Everyone in the whole guild looked at (Y/N) like she was crazy. Natsu was the first to talk, "What are you talking about? Gildarts isn't dead.". "He's supposed to be dead! H-He wasn't breathing and he lost to much blood to survive!" She yelled as tears streamed down her face. Everyone gasped, "She's crying.." "I haven't seen her cry in a while." "I've never seen her cry." People said around the guild in hushed voices. Gildarts then stepped closer to (Y/N). "What are you talking about kid? Why am I supposed to be dead?" He asked as he tried to look at her face. "When you fought that dragon. You lost and I checked up on you. You weren't breathing and you were losing too much blood to even survive! So how are you even here?!" (Y/N) shouted. "But that happened a couple of years ago. I was breathing, kid. How do you even know that?" Gildarts asked. (Y/N) froze then chuckled. "First, don't call me 'kid'. I hate being called that. And second, are you really that old now? I can't believe you forgot my voice, Gildy." She said as she looked up.

"Gildy?" Everyone in the guild said in unison. "Wait a minute.. No has called me that since.." Gildarts started to say. He looked at (Y/N) closer and took the hood off of (Y/N)'s head. His eyes widened and started to fill up with tears. "(Y-Y/N).. Is that really you?" He asked.

(Your POV)
I nodded as Gildarts hugged me tightly. I hugged him back as tears rolled down my face. He pulled away and put his hands on my shoulders. Team Natsu surrounded us and Zach was on Natsu's shoulders. "You've grown so much (Y/N). And you've grown stronger, I can feel it." Gildarts said as he smiled. "Wait, (Y/N) is the girl you told us about?" Gray asked. Gildarts nodded, "Yeah, sorry to say, but she's my favorite out of everyone." He said as he scratched the back of his head. Someone then cleared their throat. "Excuse me?" I heard a certain female alcoholic say. Gildarts then paled a little, ran over to Cana then hugged her. "I mean besides you, my amazing daughter!" He said as he continued to hug her. 'Gildarts is Cana's dad? Huh, weird.' I wiped my tears away then put on my regular cold-hearted face. I then felt someone tap on my head. I turned around, looked up and saw Zach still on Natsu's shoulders.

"Are you okay, mama?" Zach asked as he reached for me. I took him off of Natsu's shoulder and carried him on my hip. "Yeah, I'm okay. Don't worry about me, Zach." I said. I heard Gildarts yelp, then saw him right beside me, looking at Zach. Zach stared at Gildarts and Gildarts stared at Zach. After a few minutes, Zach's eyes started to fill with tears. "Mama, the scary guy is scaring me!" He cried as he started to cry. I wiped his tears and glared at Gildarts, "Really Gildarts?". Gildarts ignored my glare and question. "Is this your kid?! You were pregnant?' But you're still young, (Y/N)! Who's the dad so I can beat them?!" He exclaimed. Natsu then popped out from behind me. "I'm the dad!" He said while smiling. 'Why that little..!' A tick mark appeared on my forehead as I turned around and kicked him hard, which sent him flying. I turned back around and faced Gildarts who looked confused. "Ignore Natsu. He isn't the dad. And I wasn't pregnant. I kinda adopted Zach when I rescued him while I was on a job with Team Natsu." I explained. "Well that's a relief. I thought that I had to beat some sense into Natsu. And sorry little man, I didn't mean to make you cry. My name is Gildarts and I'm your grandpa!" Gildarts exclaimed. 'Not him too!' A tick mark appeared on my forehead again and I kicked Gildarts in the gut which made him go flying, like Natsu did. I turned around and faced Team Natsu. "That's Fairy Tails strongest wizard?" I asked and they nodded quickly.

After Natsu and Gildarts recovered from my hits, Team Natsu sat down. Zach was with Gildarts and Cana, supposedly 'bonding'. "What was that all about (Y/N)?" Gray asked. I sighed, "When Gildarts went on that job involving that dragon that injured him, he met me on the road. I was around Zach's age at the time. Gildarts saw me defeat a group of monsters, all by myself. He then took me under his wing, to like protect me and train me. But when he had to fight the dragon, he made me stay as far away as possible from the battle. The battle wasn't long, so I thought Gildarts won. I was wrong. When I went to check up on him, there was blood everywhere. He wasn't breathing either. I thought he didn't make it, so I ran off. Thats it." I said. Everyone at the table looked at me with sympathy in their eyes. "Tch. Don't look at me like that. I don't need sympathy from anyone." I said as I stood up. "Where are you going?" Lucy asked. Before anyone could say anything else, I went over to Gildarts and picked up Zach. We then headed home.

"What would you like for dinner, Zach?" I asked as I set him on a stool and went to the fridge. "Spaghetti!" He shouted. "Okay, spaghetti it is." I said as I chuckled. "Mama, how come you don't have a flying kitty like Natsu?" Zach asked as I grabbed the ingredients to make spaghetti. I froze, 'I should tell him..'. "Well Zach, I used to have one. Her name was Alice." I said as I started to prepare dinner. "What happened to her?" He asked. "I.. I lost her. She died.." I said as I stopped what I was doing. "H-How?" Zach asked, with sadness in his voice. "She got hit by a monster.. I was supposed to be the one who got hit, not her. Alice saved me." I said with a hint of sadness in my voice. I heard Zach jump off the stool, then I heard tiny footsteps. I felt small arms wrap around my legs. "Don't be sad, mama." Zach said as he looked up at me. I smiled slightly.

'He's like Alice.. I won't have my mask on around him. I'll do whatever it takes to protect him.'