Chapter 128

Adam

The room is bathed in the soft glow of morning light as I stand before the mirror, carefully adjusting the knot of my tie. Today marks a special occasion — Eleanor Vanguard's wedding. I've chosen a classic black suit, tailored to perfection, adorned with a crisp white shirt.

As I fasten the cufflinks, the door swings open, and there she is — Mallory. My heart skips a beat at the sight of her. She's an ethereal vision, a goddess in royal blue. Her blonde hair is styled in an elegant updo, silver jewelry adorning her neck and wrists. The dress, in the ancient Greek cut, drapes gracefully over her figure, and silver heels complete the ensemble. Her makeup is subtle, highlighting her natural beauty.

"Wow," I breathe, my hands instinctively finding their way to my heart. "You look breathtaking."

Mallory meets my gaze with a radiant smile, a vision of elegance and grace. "Thank you, Adam."

I approach her, unable to resist the gravitational pull of her beauty. Wrapping my arms around her waist, I pull her closer, reveling in the warmth of her presence. "You're going to cause heart attacks looking like that, you know."

She shakes her head, laughing gently. "You're ridiculous."

I hold her gaze, serious. "No, I'm serious. You're going to be more beautiful than the bride."

Mallory gasps in mock scandal. "Adam, you shouldn't say things like that. The most beautiful woman at a wedding is always the bride."

I open my mouth to protest, but she silences me with a finger on my lips. "Always," she says firmly.

I smile at her, captivated by her kindness. Leaning down, I kiss the finger on my mouth, savoring the softness of her touch. "You're too good for me."

"Stop it," she playfully scolds. "You're amazing."

With one last admiring glance, I straighten up. "Are you ready?"

Mallory nods, a glint of excitement in her eyes. "Absolutely."

We leave the apartment hand in hand, stepping into my car as we prepare to embark on an evening of celebration. The engine purrs to life, and we drive through the city, the anticipation building with each passing moment.

The venue for Eleanor's wedding is a picturesque estate, a grand mansion nestled among sprawling gardens. As we pull up, the sight takes our breath away. The mansion stands tall, bathed in the soft glow of twilight, its windows aglow with warm light. The garden is adorned with fairy lights, casting a magical aura over the surroundings.

We step out of the car, the evening air crisp and filled with excitement. The fragrance of blooming flowers and the distant strains of music greet us as we make our way to the entrance. The grand doors open, revealing the opulent interior of the mansion.

The wedding unfolds in a scene of timeless elegance. Rows of white chairs line an outdoor aisle, leading to a floral arch under which the ceremony will take place. The sun begins its descent, casting a warm glow over the gathering.

Eleanor Vanguard, the bride, walks down the aisle, her radiant smile mirrored by the groom's awestruck expression. The ceremony is a symphony of emotions—vows exchanged, promises made, and the heartfelt words of the officiant weaving a narrative of love and commitment.

As the officiant pronounces them husband and wife, a wave of applause and cheers erupts from the assembled guests. The newlyweds share a tender kiss, sealing their commitment in the golden light of the setting sun.

The reception follows, held in a charming tent adorned with fairy lights. The scent of flowers and the clinking of glasses create an ambiance of celebration. Mallory and I join the festivities, savoring the delicious food and the joyous energy that permeates the air.

After a while of enjoying the festivities, Eleanor finds Mallory and me amidst the crowd. "There you are," she says, her smile radiant. Mallory and I offer our congratulations, expressing our admiration for the beautiful celebration.

"You look absolutely stunning, Eleanor. Everything is wonderful," Mallory compliments, her sincerity evident.

I chime in, "Truly, it's been a wonderful wedding."

Eleanor graciously thanks us, but after a brief pause, she adds, "I truly thank you both. If it weren't for you, none of this could have happened."

I shake my head, insisting, "You don't need to thank us. We're just glad everything turned out well for everyone."

Mallory's eyes soften with agreement, and she nods in sync with my words. "Absolutely, Eleanor. We're just so happy to have been a part of your special day."

Eleanor smiles, nodding appreciatively. "Don't be strangers," she says before gracefully moving away.

Taking advantage of the enchanting atmosphere, I turn to Mallory, taking her hand in mine. "Care for a dance?" I ask.

Mallory's eyes light up with delight. "Yes, absolutely."

I lead her to the dance floor where a slow song sets the perfect tone. Placing my hands on her waist, Mallory wraps her arms around my neck, and we begin to sway to the gentle melody. The world fades away, leaving only the two of us lost in the dance.

The music triggers a wave of nostalgia for me. It reminds me so much of the first night we met, a chance encounter that spiraled into a whirlwind of emotions and experiences. Back then, I could never have imagined the crazy journey that awaited us.

As we dance, I hold Mallory close, feeling the rhythm of her heartbeat against mine. I lean in, capturing her lips in a tight kiss. Mallory smiles at me, and in the quiet intimacy of the dance, I whisper, "I love you so much."

She reciprocates, "I love you too."

I lean in once more, my lips grazing her ear as I whisper, "Forever, baby."