Chapter 20

Adam

I stand in front of my closet, surveying my options for the evening. I want to impress Mallory, but I also want to feel comfortable. I settle on a black button-down shirt and dark jeans, paired with my favorite leather boots. I want to make a good impression on her tonight.

Satisfied with my appearance, I grab my helmet and make my way to the garage where my motorcycle is waiting. The cool evening air hits me as I ride towards Mallory's house, the wind whipping through my hair. Once I arrive at Mallory's house, I park the motorcycle and send her a text. "I'm outside, waiting for you," I type, my fingers tapping on the screen.

Moments later, she emerges from the front door, and my breath catches in my throat. She looks stunning in a form-fitting black dress that hugs her curves in all the right places. Her hair is styled in loose waves, and she wears a pair of black heels that accentuate her long legs.

Unable to resist, I step closer to her and greet her with a tender but lustful kiss. Her lips meet mine eagerly, and for a moment, time stands still. Mallory melts into me, her body pressed against mine as we savor the moment.

"You look incredible," I whisper in her ear.

She smiles and blushes, "Thank you."

I hand her a helmet, and she climbs onto the back of my motorcycle. We ride towards the restaurant I've chosen for our date, the city lights twinkling in the distance.

The restaurant I've chosen for our date is nestled in a charming corner of the city. As we approach, the warm glow of fairy lights illuminates the entrance, creating an enchanting atmosphere. The exterior is adorned with climbing vines and flower boxes overflowing with vibrant blooms.

We walk hand in hand into the restaurant, greeted by the soft melodies of live music playing in the background. The interior is elegantly decorated, with plush velvet booths and candlelit tables creating an intimate ambiance. The air is filled with tantalizing aromas of delectable cuisine, teasing our senses.

I approach the hostess and provide my name with a confident smile. "Adam Christensen," I say, my voice carrying a hint of anticipation.

She checks her reservation list and nods approvingly. "Right this way," she says, leading us to a cozy table tucked away in a secluded corner.

As we settle into our seats across from each other, Mallory looks at me with surprise and admiration. "You made a reservation? Impressive," she says, her eyes sparkling with delight.

I lean back in my chair, a charming smile playing at the corners of my lips. "This place is usually very busy," I explain. "I didn't want to leave it to chance."

"It's perfect," she says, a smile spreading across her face.

I'm satisfied to see the genuine appreciation in Mallory's eyes as she takes in the ambiance of the restaurant. It feels good to have chosen a place that she enjoys. The waiter approaches our table, ready to take our order. We both make our selections, and as he leaves, I reach across the table, gently taking Mallory's hand in mine. Her hand feels delicate and warm, and I can't help but admire the beauty of the woman sitting across from me.

"So, how was your week?" I ask, wanting to hear about her life.

"I was buried in my books all week," she replies with a sigh. "I can't wait for exams to be over."

"I know the feeling," I say with a chuckle. "I've been studying hard too."

Mallory smiles at me, and I can see the affection in her eyes. "When I wasn't studying, I was thinking about you," I add.

A smile tugs at the corners of her lips. "I was thinking about you a lot too," she admits. "I couldn't wait for our date."

I bring her hand up to my lips, pressing a soft kiss against her skin. Our eyes lock, and in that moment, everything feels perfect.

Suddenly, Mallory's eyes darken, her mood changing. "There's something you should know," she says hesitantly.

I squeeze her hand, urging her to continue. "You can tell me anything," I say softly.

"Matt paid me another visit. Thankfully, Kylie was there, and he left quickly. But he said he wants to talk to me."

Anger simmers within me at the thought of Matt being so pushy with her, but I maintain my cool demeanor. "I'm sorry you have to go through this," I say sincerely.

Mallory nods, her expression troubled. "He's always been possessive," she admits. "But I didn't see all of this coming."

I take a deep breath, contemplating the situation. I want nothing more than to protect Mallory from any harm or discomfort caused by Matt's actions. "I'm worried about you," I admit, taking a sip of my drink. "There must be something we can do so Matt stops bothering you."

Mallory looks at me, gratitude and vulnerability in her eyes. "I don't want you to get involved in any trouble because of me," she says softly.

I reach across the table and cup her cheek, my gaze unwavering. "Mallory, I care about you deeply," I say earnestly. "Your safety and happiness are important to me. We'll find a way to handle this together."

She leans into my touch, finding comfort in my words. "Thank you," she whispers, her voice filled with emotion.

The rest of our date continues smoothly, and I can't help but feel an undeniable connection with Mallory. It's as if we're in sync, our conversations flowing effortlessly and our laughter filling the air. I've never felt this way before, and it's both exhilarating and comforting.

Mallory keeps telling me how much she loves the restaurant, and it fills me with a sense of contentment. Knowing that she appreciates my efforts to create a special evening for us brings me immense joy. Her smile is radiant, and I can't help but feel a surge of pride knowing that other men are glancing at her, envious of the woman by my side.

We finish our dinner, and I pay the bill before helping Mallory on with her coat. I wrap my arm around her shoulders, pulling her closer to me. It's a subtle gesture, but it's a silent declaration to the world that she's mine.

As we step outside into the cool night air, I feel a sense of contentment wash over me.

"You know," Mallory says as we walk towards the motorcycle. "I had a really great time tonight."

I turn to face her, my heart swelling with emotion. "Me too," I reply honestly.

"So, Adam, where are you taking me next?" she asks, her eyes sparkling with anticipation.

I pause for a moment, considering my options. Then an idea comes to mind, one that fills me with excitement. "How about we go to my apartment?" I suggest, a playful grin spreading across my face.

Mallory's eyes widen slightly, but a mischievous glimmer dances in them. "I like the sound of that," she says with a smile.