52

"Cough cough cough..." A carriage pulled by eight horses was driving on the official road, and intermittent coughing came from the carriage. From the sound, it sounded like a child's voice.

This carriage exuded luxury from the outside to the inside. It was the carriage that drove out from Linzhou Palace, and inside was Xuanyuan Che, Gu Ziang and his entourage.

Gu Ziang opened the water bag and handed it to Ning Xiaoxi, whose face was red from coughing, and asked him to drink the water.

On the third day after leaving Linzhou, Ning Xiaoxi fell ill.

First, he had a runny nose, and then he started to cough. After Gu Ziang diagnosed him, he determined that he had caught wind and cold.

Now is the season of change. People's immunity is the lowest when they suddenly change from a place they have been accustomed to for a long time. In addition, Ning Xiaoxi has a poor foundation. This time, she fell ill because she didn't take good care of her.

Xuanyuan Kang, on the other hand, was very lively and had nothing to do. He even peeled loquats for Ning Xiaoxi to eat.

The loquats were bought at a high price when passing through the last town. Gu Ziang originally bought them for his two sons, one to prevent him from getting infected and coughing, and the other to eat more to relieve his cough. But Xuanyuan Kang ate one himself, and Ning Xiaoxi ate the rest.

Xuanyuan Kangda has been wandering around with Xuanyuan Che since he was born. Basically, he only lives in one place for two or three months at most, so it is not uncomfortable for him to leave Linzhou, even if he has lived in Linzhou for so long.

Seeing that Ning Xiaoxi was ill, he was quite worried. He kept asking questions and acted conscientiously as an elder brother.

Ning Xiaoxi drank the water that Gu Ziang handed him, and accidentally Gu Ziang took a few more sips of it. The water was not pure water - it was mixed with the concoction that Gu Ziang had brewed when he settled in the inn - it was a bit bitter. , Ning Xiaoxi frowned as she drank, and hurriedly turned to bite the loquat flesh that her brother had peeled for him.

"Loquats are still delicious." Ning Xiaoxi muttered as she moved closer to Xuanyuan Kang, away from his father's clutches.

"Then you know how to dress properly next time? Don't take off your clothes randomly." Gu Ziang pinched his little face and asked.

This time the little guy got cold because he took off his cloak and robe when he got hot from playing.

"I know!" Ning Xiaoxi continued to shrink behind Xuanyuan Kang.

Xuanyuan Kang smiled and helped to say good things to Ning Xiaoxi: "Don't worry, dad, I will watch him carefully from now on and won't let him take off his clothes."

"Be good." Gu Ziang rubbed his little head and smiled happily. , "Kang'er makes people worry-free."

Ning Xiaoxi made a face at him, and hid in the corner with Xuanyuan Kang to play: "Brother, I still want to eat."

"Okay, I'll peel it for you. "Xuanyuan Kang good-temperedly reached out and took another loquat.

"Stay away from your brother and don't infect him with the disease." Gu Ziang asked.

Ning Xiaoxi put on the special 'mask' that Gu Ziang gave him, and then smiled at Gu Ziang to express her understanding.

But soon he turned his head and coughed a few times.

Xuanyuan Kang patted him on the back, and at the same time did not forget to explain to Gu Ziang: "It's okay, he's paying attention! It won't be transmitted to me."