The assistant

The time slowed down.

Then their eyes met. Mei's widened eyes in horror and Lu Yan's eyes filled with terror.

When the twig came off the branch with her, he knew he needed some quick thinking. He needed to catch Mei before she falls the ground as well as avoid the twig before it scrach his face. Being safe is better than cure.

So he swam to her in a flash. Her face had uglied as her mouth hung open. He was faster. He could see her every movement in slow motion. He would have mocked at her ,unless he himself felt his heart beat against his chest hard and fast.

The only thought struck him was, " I have to save her no matter what." So he went underneath in wanting to catch her. She fell flat on him without a mistake. At the same time, he turned his face to avoid the twig, making her warm lips brush on his cheeks, giving him a tight peck on the cheeks.

She was keeping her eyes tight, wrinkling them. Good for her she didn't see. But she definitely knew she was lying right on top of him.

It's true he managed to avoid the twig but didn't manage to avoid the kiss. His hazel eyes widened in shock. His heart stopped for milliseconds. He could see thousands of galaxies in his sky.

A single peck on his cheeks could do that much. If it was a lip kiss,he might have gone insane.

His hands were wrapped around her waist, and her chest was pressed against his. Thank God ,Jing Ling was busy in the backyard.

He blinked his eyes and looked at her, who was yielding for her dear life.

He cleared his throat awkwardly, giving her a little push so that she could lift the body weight. She did open her eyes with the push and lifted her body from his in embarrassment. Her cheeks were turning beet root red.

Though she acted ignorant ,as soon as she opened her eyes ,she saw what she was doing. She turned her face to avoid eye contact with him. Then she uttered something in displeasure.

"Master, it was all your fault."

Lu Yan, who had composed himself by then, stood tall next to her, giving her an unbelievable look.

"I'm sure I didn't ask you to practice the posture on the wall." He said in a rough voice

"You neither said which heights should I go," She talked back at him, making him more furious and then she ran inside her residence, making Lu Yan speechless.

On her bed, she traced along her lips going red again. Then she hit her head.

"What the hell am I foing?He is sister's husband."

Due to the sudden fall corner of her lip had a cut. It was painful in many ways.

"Oh! What did I do?"

When she was struggling within, Jing Ling came to her residence and handed her an ointment.

"Master said, a she monkey had fallen down while doing a jump. He sent her this. " He handed her the ointment, barely controlling his laughter.

That made her give him a cold glance.

"Okay, okay, don't be mad at me. I am going. " He took quick steps outside laughing.

She took the ointment and looked at it with fiery eyes.

"She monkey?Am I a she monkey? He'd better check his eyes." She said, gritting her teeth.

Thought the cut was small the pain was immense so she applied the ointment. She felt better in an instance.

"Yet I do not forgive." She retorted looking at the tub.