Dawn of a day

Flash back............

After nursing Qin Ru, both Lu Yan and Jing Ling went back to their respective residences to have some rest ,as it had been a long day for both of them.

Then Jing Ling woke up very early next morning ,as directed by his master to prepare something nourishing for her. Elixir was not a joke. She was supposed to wake up during the first half of the day.

So Jing Ling went searching for fresh mushrooms,some baby corns, and sorts of vegetables he could find from the mountains to make a soup. He knew Qin Ru loved them. He didn't forget to collect herbs to make a panacea for the master too.

He let the vegetables simmer at low heat and started making a beverage from the peaches he picked from home. While he was busy doing chores in the kitchen, someone had woken up.

Qin Ru slowly opened her eyes to the ceiling just to see very familiar surroundings.

" Where am I?...Oh! am I home?but....."

Then she remembered that she was expelled from Mount Lookout and was abducted by Wang Long.

"Am I dreaming then?"

She closed her eyes shut,thinking she shouldn't be seeing a dream. This time, she slightly opened her eyes like a thief and looked from the corner of her eyes.

" I am not dreaming! I am indeed home."

She thought, almost crying happy tears. She was out of the moon with the thought.

" But how can I be here? Who brought me here? Shifu did??? How? And ...and what about my wounds."

Then she lifted her hands up to see. Surprisingly, there wasn't a trace of a wound.

" Shifu is the only one who can do such a miracle. Then... then I must have been saved by him. "
She let out a sigh of relief.

And that's when Jing Ling arrived there to check on her,just to see she had already woken up. He naturally ran to her in glee. He helped her straighten up.

" You are alright! I am so glad to see you back, "

He said with happy eyes. Qin Ru had a lot to ask, and Jing Ling had a lot to say,but beforehand, he should have informed the good news to his master. So he excused her and ran to his side.

Master was at the eastern side of the deck ,sightseeing.

" Master! ....master! Qin Ru had woken up. She is all well."

Jing Ling said out of joy. He was out of breath as well. Master who was enjoying the beauty of nature just uttered a "hm..." In a reply calmly ,not giving it much attention. Jing Ling didn't expect much, too. He knew his master well. He knew that he was indeed happy to hear the news when he put a lot of effort into saving her.

Then he ran back to the kitchen and poured her a steamy bowl of soup. He was not at ease until she took a sip of his soup,especially made for her.

While drinking the soup, he answered all her questions, and she learnt that shifu did save her with the help of Jing Ling, but when asked, "How did shifu know that I was abducted by Wang Long?" Jing Ling didn't have a proper answer to give her.

Today was her lucky day. Jing Ling even made some delicacies that she loved to cheer her up. When the following conversation happened, they both were in the kitchen.

"I think master regrets the decision of expelling you. I could see that in his eyes, so he will keep you here. "

Jing Ling said in confidence, but Qin Ru was not ready to believe it.

"But he thinks I am a nuisance, that's why he did that last time. Will he change his mind overnight? "

She said in disbelief.

" You don't have to ask. I myself will ask it from him. I am sure he will let you stay. Besides, you are his first disciple. Master is bound to educate you according to the ancient rules. Let's give it a try. "

Though Jing Ling was positive about his guess and boasted, when it came to practice, it was difficult for him even. That's why they both acted like sneaky cats when they met him. But as promised, Jing Ling initiated the conversation.

" Master can I trouble you at this hour. I...I.. have a favour to ask you."

Lu Yan was at outside at his table, referring to a book and jotting down something. He stopped what he was doing and gave him attention. He also could see shy Qin Ru, who was hiding behind him with a down casted face.

" Yes, bring it on."

His cold,firm voice even gave chills to Jing Ling. It was no difference with Qin Ru. She was literally shaking from top to bottom. Jing Ling composed himself to say what he wanted to say.

" Master, can she.....can she... stay here?"

At last, he managed to ask and then he looked at him with hopeful eyes.

Lu Yan looked at him,then Qin Ru. Next, he picked up his ink brush and went back to his work while giving him a reply to what he asked.

" SHE CAN'T STAY."

That was like a hard slap across Qin Ru's face. Jing Ling was confused too,as he was sure,master would let her stay.

A tear popped up in her eyes. But before it could roll down her cheeks, Lu Yan awakened his voice again.

" Only my disciple can stay here."

Hearing his last words, Jing Ling was rather surprised,and Qin Ru was like, " Did I hear it correctly? Does that mean.....does that mean ... I CAN STAY!!!! YEAH...."

She was doing a victory dance in her head,and why the fact Jing Ling surprised was that,that was the first time.....first time his master ever made a joke.

So, every matter was resolved ,and everyone was happy at the end. Qin Ru was feeling over the moon. If she had any resentment towards her shifu, they all washed away with the joyous news.

As she had just recovered, she was asked to rest all day, and her sessions were supposed to start next morning onwards.

She wasn't an early bird,unless Jing Ling woke her up in time, and reminded her that ,that was her first day of attending lessons, she could have slept for another two,three hours.

Thank God , she was a supernatural being. She didn't have to worry about dressing and all.

Bringing her tears, her old desk was back at the same old place. It reminded her her previous life. Though it was just limited to weeks, it was filled with beautiful memories.

Jing Ling had kept all the necessary things neatly on the table. Then, he advanced her with some folded papers.

" Here, your scriblings and all. I kept them for you."

Saying so, he extended them towards her.

They indeed brought her happy tears. The first word she had ever written was "shifu" by herself. She traced her fingers along the letters, remembering the days.

Jing Ling had folded them all neatly. Her first calligraphy,her first scenery drawing all were there ,except for one.

" What? Where is it?"

She ransacked through the pile of papers,but it wasn't there.

"Where is it?"

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸