A ticket to heaven

Then, she opened the desk drawer and  brought out a neatly folded paper.

Her eyes glanced through it. It was poorly drawn  potrait of him. She wondered why he would he keep something like this? Then suddenly, her eyes stopped underneath.  There was a verse. She read what's written there.

"His white robe flutters to the rhythm of my heart. Wait, what?" She retorted herself.

At a glance, she could see it was written with love. That's also in a girl's handwriting.

"Who wrote this? She thought wearing a long face.

At Mount Lookout, Qin Ru was lying at her desk. Her head was on the desk. She was holding an ink brush from her right hand,and an unfinished script was at her side. Her other hand had gone sideways. Lu Yan stepped towards her with a wavering heart. He didn't want to see her death. He didn't want to live in guilt for the rest of his life.

He bent down, he brought his hand to wake her up,but in the midway he stopped, having second thoughts. Then again, he placed his hand on her shoulder.

Though the warmth was leaving her body ,it wasn't icy cold nor stiffed. So he still had hope. He shook her from shoulder,hoping to see some movements in her weary face.

"Qin Ru.....QIN RU...." He even called out her name.

Bringing him some hope, her fingers moved. Then she slightly opened her eyes. She closed them again with exhaustion and opened them, seeing the blurry face in front of her.

"Shifu......y.o.u....o.k.a.y..?" She uttered faintly.

Lu Yan didn't answer. Instead, he angrily blowed from his nostrils. Next, he scooped her up, sliding his hands underneath. She was so fragile to even to help him carry her.

He carried her to her bed and laid her there. Then, with a start, he tried transferring some spiritual power into her,but just like in his case, she couldn't respond to his spiritual power.

Then he, too, didn't have another choice,but to follow the same method. He  deeply exhaled ,calmed down his soul, and bent towards her face. But he was careful enough to keep his face a few inches away from hers. Then he gently blew air through her parted lips, closing his eyes shut. He was trying to transfer her spiritual bean back to her.

Feeling the warm breath on her face ,she involuntarily lifted up her face as in a reaction, resulting in their lips pressed with each other.

Lu Yan opened his eyes wide in shock,but it was too late to draw back ,as the transferring her spiritual bean had already started . Though he wanted to pull away so badly,he couldn't do that.

Suddenly, a brilliant white light passed through his lips to hers. That was it,he pulled away his lips from hers and broke the kiss. It seemed he couldn't collect himself for a while,as she stole a kiss from him.

He was feeling guilty,as he felt he betrayed Sun Shi. So he didn't wait a second long there. He came out in a rush,not even checking on her.

As soon as the spiritual bean settled in the empty spot ,her veins were nourished, bringing life back to her thin body. Her cheeks were lifted up. Her hollow eyes came back to normal. She was getting better.

Lu Yan sat at the stone table ,recalling what just happened. He wanted to erase his memories. Then he remembered, teaching her that no one could live in the past. So he also wanted to move forward, forgetting what just happened. Moreover, it was a mistake,so he forgave himself and promised himself not to let something like that happen ever again.

Without his knowledge, he had been dealing with his thoughts for more than fifteen minutes. He came out of the trance hearing her voice.

"Shifuo....look at me" She said in astonishment,to which he turned towards her.

He glanced at her,then again another sudden glance at her. She was literally glowing.

"Shifuo...look at my hair,it's pretty longer than before,and my garments. They are glowing,just like a goddesses."

She swirled around herself in glee. Her face had become way prettier than before,and just as her mentioned, her garments had become elegent too. That only happens to a spiritual bean when it is upgraded to a higher rank. So Qin Ru was no longer a lower ranked spiritual being.

"Shifuo...it's all thanks to you. I can feel my spiritual bean had grown. It was within you,it must have nourished by your power, " She said.

Lu Yan suspected the same thing,and he thought it happened for good,as he could repay her for some extent.

Then she came running to him and sat opposite to him.

" Shifu....thank you so much." She loudly said thanking him from the bottom of her heart.

But Lu Yan's face didn't light up with her remarks.

"Are you mocking me in another way? Why did you do that? Why did you give me your spiritual bean? Did you want me to be guilty all my life?"

"Shifuoooo...."

" If something happened to you,if you were dead ,when your bean was within me, would you think I would forgive my self"

"Shifu, it's just nothing. I did it with happiness."  She uttered to assure him

"But I am not happy," He said wearing an unforgivable look in his eyes.

" Shifuooo...I just wanted to save you. Even if something happened to me,I won't put the blame on you. So do not blame you. See you have given the best gift a teacher can give to his disciple "

Finally the awkward atmosphere dissapeared and some solace came in.

"Qin Ru. You should promise me,that you would never do such a stupid thing ever again" He said in a commanding tone.

She stood up from her seat ,and promised him.

"I would never do a stupid thing"🫡

Her gesture indeed lit up his mood,but he showed the same poker face ,being the cool guy.

Only a few seconds passed in the God releam, the goddess Sun Shi who earlier wanted to wait till, Lu Yan arrive,just left the place with a long face. Though Jing Ling tried to stop her ,she didn't wait to listen to him.

"Why is she mad at me? Did I do something wrong " He looked at the direction she goes with a baffled expression.

Qin Ru who was super happy being upgraded was trying the things she could do.

There was a withered flower,and she tried to bloom it. But she couldn't.  Then she remembered that Jing Ling could make barriers around him. She tried to do that too,but again there was no result.

Lu Yan who was watching all her dumb moves cleared his voice at the end.

"Power doesn't mean everything. Practice comes first. Then only you can perform the magic." He said her.

"Shifuo....will you teach me then" She asked being coy around him.

"That depends on my mood,and I might not teach you for a while "

Her face fell for what he said. But before she can say anything in return, he awakened his voice again.

"Right now,I need you to do one thing. You have to go with me somewhere"

He said diverting his gaze from her.

"To where?" She questioned him in no time.

"To the god releam."

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Let's meet there