The wish

"Yeah, these moon cakes might not be able to make you happy, but this news will" Goddess Yan Ki said treating Qin Ru with a beautiful smile.

"News?????"
"What news???" Kin Ru asked in bewilderment.

"Remember,you earlier told me that , a boatwoman threatened you. As I promised you I dug into that matter. Guess what ,she is a maid of Sun Shi"

Goddess Yan Ki revealed her.

"What!!! A maid of Sun Shi? Then what is she doing here?" Qin Ru asked in disbelief.

"That's the best part. She is no longer her maid, she was demoted by Sun Shi herself few days ago. You know what, I felt fishy about it. You won't believe what I did next."

She said wearing a victorious smile.

"What did you do?" The curious Qin Ru asked.

"My maid girls poured me with the news that she was a maid of Sun Shi ,but I wanted to meet her myself and get to know about her. So I performed a magic and took goddess Sun Shi's avatar. Then I appeared infront of her when she was in the middle of the sky river. She didn't even doubt me for a second. She was so excited to see me " She explained.

"Wow!" She was indeed amazed by goddess Yan Ki's tactfulness.

"What happened after that. " Qin Ru who was eager to know the whole story pushed her to continue. Of course she had a lot to say.

"And then she bowed me and paid the formal respect as expected .......................

~~~~~~Flashback ~~~~~~~

"My beloved godess Su Shi, what brought you here, you highness?"

The boatwoman asked her going on her knees.

"I'm here to check up on you. I heard someone passed by the sky river today" The godess said with a knowing look.

"Yes you highness. Yes,She did. That good for nothing disciple of God Lu Yan sailed across the river" She replied in rage.

The Goddess shushed her.

"Sh...hold your tongue. Not god Lu Yan. The true god Lu Yan" She said acting her part so well.

"Beat me, my foul mouth. I made a grave mistake.."

The boatwoman said shaking top to bottom.

"Hm...now tell me about her?" The Goddess forced her.

" Today morning, she embarked on the boat from the shore, and she sailed towards the lower god releam. I was the one who carried her. I truly wanted to finish her once and for all "

She said gritting her teeth

"What did you say?" Goddess Yan Ki ,who was surprised by her answer asked almost forgetting her role.

But thankfully the maid thought Sun Shi was blaming her recalling the past incident, so she unknowingly spilled the truth.

"I know , I couldn't complete it last time. She is difficult to handle. And she had allies. I should have used a Mamba snake instead of a Taipan " She vent her anger on her.

~~~~Back to present~~~~

Qin Ru covered her mouth from her hand. Finally the missing thread was found by her.

"So I was not bitten by a snake,but she had made it happened."

She murmered herself in horror. Seeing her difference, goddess Yan Ki who was puzzled asked for clarification.

"What did she mean by the snakes?I didn't understand that part. What was she saying?"

Goddess Yan Ki asked curiosiously sensing something absurd. So Qin Ru had to explain what happened to her that night. How she was bitten by a snake out of no where.

"OMG, why didn't you tell me earlier. You were my kin,but I couldn't protect you.I never thought someone in the god releam can do something like that. "

She poured out her anger. Then she gasped out recalling something.

"Ah now I remember"

"Remember what? " Qin Ru asked.

"It makes sense.That maid sure can lure snakes out. She is a descendent of the snake clan. I saw the tatoo on her wrist. Wow god gracious. " She cranked.

Then again Yan Ki went into deep thoughts and awakened her voice after sometime.

"Oh my...So godess Sun Shi must have put her maid do that. How such a pretty face can do something so treacherous. She is not eligible to be a goddess ,but a villainess. "

She retorted in a pissed off tone.

Both Yan Ki and Qin Ru had taken the wrong idea that godess Sun Shi must have planned all these to get rid of Qin Ru.

"Qin Ru, why do you wait anymore. Reveal the truth to god Lu Yan, so that he will realize who loves him better. He will realize how smelly Sun Shi's acts were.Come on , go there quickly. Meet him and tell"

Yan Ki persuaded Qin Ru.

But she shook her head confusing the goddess.

"No. I won't. I won't tell him that. I have got better plans." She said with a witty smile.

To work her plan, she indeed needed to go to the upper god releam. That's when the moon goddess Yan Ki presented her a medallion.

It was a golden medallion with a blue sapphire gem inlaided in the mid.

"Do not cross the river. You are still at danger.Take this medallion. Rub the gem in the middle and wish, it will bring you wherever you want."

She placed it on Qin Ru's palm. She felt blessed and was grateful towards her for presenting her something so invaluable.

"I have no words to thank you enough. You have done a lot for me" She almost teared when she said those words.

The moon goddess came for her help,when she was down. That was such a relief for her.

"Oh come on girl, you have helped me too. And I am glad that I could help you, to the future wife go true god Lu Yan" She said pinching her,which made her blush instantly.

"Now go. Remember to smile like this as always. Your plan will definitely work. My blessings are with you"

They both smiled at each other like pals. Then Qin Ru distant herself from Yan Ki and rubbed the medallion .With a wink of an eye she dissapeared into thin air.

She was reappeared at the pilgrimage Hall. Straightaway she went to god Lu Yan's study. He was at his desk scripting something.

She sneaked in, yet she didn't step towards his desk at once. She felt little awkward to go meet him, as she was absent for a whole day.

"What punishment should I give you?"
Lu Yan asked still casting down his face.

Qin Ru snapped out, "Shifu knows" She murmered herself. Then she slowly trailed her legs towards his desk.

"Shifu....." She addressed him in a low voice twisting like a worm.

"Shifu...I am sorry I didn't let you know. I was at....."

He didn't let her finished. He stopped her with a hand sign.

" Do not talk." He said in a pissed off tone.

Qin Ru ran to his desk and went on knees at him.

"Shifuo....shifuo....I know I did wrong,but I was at a safe place, and didn't do anything to harm your name"

Qin Ru pleaded him. Lu Yan was not actually mad at her,but for an unknown reason he too wanted to see het suffer a little.

"Hm...you may go now" He said reconciling with her.

She did stand up but didn't go. So Lu Yan lifted his face and looked at her.

"Shifu I want you to grant my wish."

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸