The final torture

"Goddess Sun Shi, forgive me. I did that for you. I thought she was coming your way, " She uttered while crying.

"What????" She questioned her maid in anger.

"I just wanted to get rid of her. To make sure ,you have no hurdle ahead, " She further added, which ignited the rage within her. She felt she became inferior to that girl Qin Ru.

"How can she be a hurdle in my way. She was no match for me,and god Lu Yan only has eyes for me. " She rambled like a never-ending mantra.

The maid girl felt that she offended goddess Sun Shi,so she tried to correct the mistake.

"Goddess Sun Shi, you have always been outstanding among every other goddess. You are the most prettiest. Of course, she was no match for you. I know god Lu Yan only has eyes for you. He will never betray you,but I don't trust that scheming girl. She seems she is in to God Lu Yan, " the maid girl managed to say.

That made her become less harsh. She was no longer angry with her maid, but the girl.

" What you say makes sense,but still killing her won't be the right answer. If God Lu Yan gets to know that one of my maids hurt his disciples,he would be mad at me. I cannot let that happen. I won't.  I will ....I will demote you!"

She said the maid in a firm voice. This maid was a descendent of the snake god, so she had the ability to summon them. Goddess Sun Shi knew it well,but still she didn't like the idea of killing. After all she was a Goddess, not  evil kind.

"Pls....goddess Sun Shi, do not. I promise you,I won't tell that to anybody. I will keep it a secret till my death bed."

She begged her.

"You are too late. Though you didn't mean to hurt me, you have made a mess without my consent.  So bear with the punishment for now. When the right time comes, I will take you back to me. "

Sun Shi said in a reply.

"But " She didn't  let her finish ,instead, she named the punishment.

"You will be demoted to the lower god releam. You would be the boatwoman in the sky river, which separates the two releams."

She had given her words, and there was no way anyone could change them. Only the chief god could.

In the meantime, Lu Yan, who was in the library, had found a remedy to cure her. It was time, Jing Ling was back with Tian Lu too.

Tian Lu ,who already knew the news, had come prepared with heavenly peaches. They have the power to remove venoms. There was no anecdote for Inland Taipan 's poison, so they were left no other choice but to try the remedy.

With the direction of Lu Yan , Qin Ru's body was wrapped in pure cotton cloths, and then her whole body was dipped in a herbal bath, which was specially made for her. Both Lu Yan and Tian Lu had a hard time collecting the rare herbs. To speed up the poison removing process, Lu Yan dropped the only elixir drop he had, which was given by Tian Lu.

Tian Lu went against Lu Yan' s decision right away.

"Lu Yan! Why did you do that? I mean, you should have saved that for later.  I really disagree this time. " He annoyedly said.

So did Jing Ling. Master Lu Yan was supposed to undergo the 29 heavenly thunders, so he needed the power he already had and some more. They were indeed puzzled why he gave up something so precious to save her for the second time.

Sensing their disapproval, Lu Yan awakened his voice.

"If something happened to her, it was disgrace to me. I don't wanna be a master ,who couldn't  even save his only disciple.So I need to save her,and I truly need to dig into this matter. Qin Ru is the only one who knows what happened last night, so I need to wake her up no matter what. And It is absurd that a Tipan suddenly had slithered into the upper God's releam. That is a sign that the evil is within us.  As a guardian, I need to entrust everyone's safe. " He retorted with a firm gaze.

He  actually did mean his words. But Tian Lu, who was concerned about his friend was not convinced by his words.

"Yeah...this way your disciple will live,but she will lose her master forever?" Saying so Tian Lu left the pilgrimage Hall all annoyed.

Lu Yan knew both  his friend and Tian Lu worried about him,but in this crucial moment he wanted to try everything.

Qin Ru was kept in the herbal bath for hours. Soon the colour of the water changed. It was a sign that the poison within her is emptying. Lu Yan advised Jing Ling to refill the bath with new herbal water, so they can witness her recover soon.

Giving both of them a sigh of relief ,her skin colour was back after eight hours. Jing Ling brought her out from the herbal bath and kept her on her bed and dried up her clothes with spiritual power. Then only Lu Yan arrived inside.

He sat near her bed and transferred his spiritual power purifying her inner organs. When her vital signs were too weak, he didn't  dare to so that,but then she was breathing well.

"Jing Ling!" Lu Yan called his apprentice who was beside him.

"Jing Ling, I am going to meet the cheif god to inquire about the heavenly thunders. You take care of her. When she wake up,give her some porridge, and ask her what happened" He directed him, and left the place.

When she finally woke up it was 4.00 p.m. in the evening. She was pretty hungry. As directed Jing Ling had prepared porridge.  She did drank it,but her eyes were on the various delicacies like osmanthus cake, peach cake.....

Qin Ru wondered ,when she heard that she was bitten by a snake.
When Jing Ling asked her more about it ,all she could say was she was sitting at the side walk, and she got a sudden pain in her heart. It seemed she didn't even have time to wince in pain,as the poison was very toxic. So the investigation just ended there.

The chief god had announced Lu Yan that, he would go through the twenty nine heavenly thunders following week. It was earlier than he thought, so he needed to get to it.

Qin Ru had already heart broken remembering,what he had been through. The only solace she had was that they were in the God releam,among friends.

Jing Ling's face was no good either for he knew that was gonna be severe than the previous. Last time the thunders occurred in the heaven, and they came down to Earth, so their power was weakened in the midway, but this time he was going to face them from heaven.  The thunders were merely metres away from him.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸