Her oath

The most awaited fateful day came,but unlike the other days, there was a huge audience who had gathered to witness him attaining the position of a true God.

Among the crowd, there were thousands of gods and goddesses, stewards,maids, and high ranked super natural beings. Jing Ling , Qin Ru, and Tian Lu were among the crowd at the front in the arena. Qin Ru's heart was beating faster,as she was not yet ready for another torture.

Lu Yan plodded and entered the circle, where a formation had drawn in advance. Then he stood straight, looking at the whole audience of  spectators. When the things were yet to commence, changing the air ,  someone, a Goddess in glamorous red colour dress,accompanied by her maid servants, reached the arena from right. Everyone's eyes landed on her. So did Qin Ru's. She was puzzled seeing the sight, and she was the only one who was puzzled.

She was so gorgeous, there was a pin drop silence in the arena for some seconds.

"Who is she?" She whispered ,and asked from Jing Ling.

He looked at her in bewilderment.  Then he remembered that,she hadn't met her before.

"Of course you do not know.She is goddess, Sun Shi," He replied to her.

"Sun Shi???" She repeated her name.

She felt something familiar about her name, and then she remembered it.

"That day, shifu had written her name on that painting," She finally recalled. Yet she couldn't be happy about it. She envied and wished that ,she shouldn't have been here to make a scene.

It was true that she didn't like her from first sight, but she wanted to know, why she had worn a red dress and a matching headress. She was curious as well as her heart trembled for she had already guessed the meaning behind. She wanted to hear her guessing was wrong. So she asked anyway.

"Why has she.....has she worn red garments?" She managed to utter.

Jing Ling looked at her face all surprised, but he wasn't the one who talked.

"She is the betrothed Godess of Lu Yan. They were betrothed from birth. Lucky he" Tian Lu said.

Her face fell with what she heard. Jing Ling was too dumb to  read the thoughts in her face.

"She had worn her garments in red to announce everyone that she would only marry him for her life. If incase .....no one wish, but if incase, something happens to him in this arena, she will not marry another for her whole life time. That is why she had worn the red bridal dress."

Jing Ling explained her. He didn't have a clue that she had developed feelings towards her shifu. Earlier Jing Ling objected of him bringing her here, as he thought Sun Shi might misunderstand Qin Ru's cheeky behaviour as longing or affection. Little did he know ,she loves him. He never doubted her, as he thought it was her nature.

His words had stabbed her pounding heart.A sudden tear popped up in her eyes,yet she managed to hide it well. She looked at her shifu, who was looking at Goddess Sun Shi, wearing one of a kind, pleasant smile only meant for her.

Her heart sank to the depths.

"Won't I have a chance? Will I lose him?" She grieved within.

With that sudden twist, Qin Ru's nerdy dreams shattered into pieces in front of her eyes. She became depressed than before as she had another reason to lament.

The atmosphere was changed back to the real matters when an ancient stringed instrument played from the background drawing everyone's attention.. Suddenly, the formation around Lu Yan was activated, and the transparent barriers were lifted.

Lu Yan closed his eyes, waiting for the heavenly thunders.

The sky darkened  in an instant. The skies roared like it is going to split anytime soon. Then making a shiver run through everyone's spines a giant thunder bolt cracked.

"It's starting," Qin Ru heard gods behind them say.

Her whole body and soul were shaken with the thought that shifu might get hurt again. She couldn't bear to see him that way.

Earlier, it was more than thousands of  miles away from the sky, but now it was just meters away. Seeing the first lightning ball cracked ,followed by the deafening thunder, she grasped Jing Ling's hand in fear. All the left twenty-nine heavenly thunders were actually white lightnings. The most powerful among all the lightnings.

From the previous encounter with twenty heavenly thunders, Lu Yan had already absorbed an immense power so he could withstand five white lightning without any harm. When the sixth landed on him, his nose bled. Which reminded Qin Ru of what happened at Mount Lookout.

She wanted to leave the place at once. She had closed her eyes shut during most of the trial. She just peeked on him,just to check on him time to time. She couldn't even bear a nose bled ,then how can she bear something  so fierce.

Qin Ru didn't forget to steal a glance at Sun Shi, too. She was no difference.  She had covered her eyes with a red silk handkerchief. That broke her heart. She wanted her to be the only one to worry about him.

Lu Yan spat a handful of blood at the 8th thrash. He performed a hand gesture and tranquillized his mind so that he won't feel much of a pain. When the 10th thunder landed on him, he was thrown a few steps away from the centre position.

The fifteenth lash made him knelt on the ground. His hair was unruly, and his outer garments had already torn in places, revealing red blood patches. The ruthless thunder shower didn't hesitate to give him no time for him to stand up. So he had to withstand several thunders kneeling on the ground.

His knuckles were reddened and his beautiful face had been scratched at places. His inner garments were torn at his chest, revealing deep cuts around his chest.

It was almost the 25th thunder. A lightning bolt cracked into a thousand roots and landed right on him still flickering with the lightning. It made him fall flat on the formation. Next  thunder hit on him, followed by another mercilessly. His electrified body shook with every lash,but he didn't open his eyes this time.

"Was it the end? Did he meet with calamity? " 

Qin Ru heard some minor gods whisper. She wanted to give them a good beating. She suddenly ran through the crowd towards the formation and called him out from the bottom of her lungs.

"Shifu, get up. Shifu.....pls. " Never ending tears wetted her face.

Soon, Jing Ling and Tian Lu caught up with her. The spectators were surprised to hear that Lu Yan had taken a disciple. That was news to them. That was also a girl. Jing Ling, who knew Qin Ru, better hold her tight. She who wanted some comfort sobbed, hiding her face on his shoulder. Goddess Sun Shi, too arrived the place after Qin Ru.

"Plsss.....pls...get up." She murmered through tears. She didn't have any strength to cry out loud. Her voice had died in the river of tears.

Two girls were crying for one male, was indeed fascinating to see for others. Just like in the motal,human releam, the minor gods and goddesses, started to gossip about the drama happening in front of their eyes.

Qin Ru looked back at shifu. She felt a sudden pain in her heart ,then she passed out on Jing Ling's shoulders.  Tian Lu too held her from side. The time had slowed down, and  suddenly her soul was no longer  intact with her body.

It left her body. She could see the spectators around her frozen with their different  expressions. She could see weeping Sun Shi,her friends, and  herself on Jing Ling's arms. She finally understood that her  soul had left her body. She was a few yards away from the barrier.  She strolled there taking small steps, and placed her hand on the barrier. Surprisingly, it didn't block her. In no time, she was  inside the formation. She went near him and knelt beside him. She placed her hand on her chest.

She closed her eyes and kept her hand on her chest.

" If it a true,that my love for you is true, You should wake up. Chief god ! Hear me out , I Qin Ru, LOVES HIM......ONLY HIM."

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸