Caught red handed

Jing Ling had folded all her scriblings nicely and neatly. Her first calligraphy,her first scenery drawing, and her first portrait.....

Her first portrait????

All were there ,except for that one.

" What? Where is it?"

She ransacked through the pile of papers,but she couldn't find it.

"Where is it, my first portrait?"

She mumbled herself in a broken tone.

" The only one who knows what happened to it is Jing Ling. I should ask him."

She didn't have to go find him,he himself was advancing her with quick steps.

"Jing Ling, where is my......"

But cutting her off from middle ,he addressed her in a troubled voice.

"Qin Ru, what are you doing here? Master is waiting at the eastern deck for you for the first lesson. Hurry up,don't make him angry. "

Saying so, he led her to the Eastern deck, to where the master was waiting . So Qin Ru didn't have a chance to ask about the matters.

She paid respect to shifu and settled beside him, avoiding  his eyes. She still hadn't recovered from the last blast. She was not mad at him,but sort of an insecurity was lingering there.

Sensing her troubles, he addressed her in a steady voice.

" What's gone is gone. Do not bring the past to the present. Moreover, do not live in the past. I think I couldn't be a good teacher in our previous encounter, but this time I am gonna teach you properly, so keep the things I said in your mind and follow my lead.  I hope you understand. "

She wiggerously nodded her head, accepting every word he said.

" Then let's begin. Today, your first task is reading this ancient script on three realms and how they were divided in to three separated lands "

He handed her the book which contained five hundred pages. She wasn't a friend of books,especially history books. Just seeing how huge it was, she was discouraged.

Seeing her fallen face ,Lu Yan talked to her.

" There is no gaining without sacrifices. Do not slack off. Read this ancient script and summarise the information in to 10 pages. " He said in a firm voice.

That was it. She could have faked reading it, but her teacher knew her better than anyone else. So she was left with no other choice but to read it.

She sat at her table and started  reading it wearing a long face. She was almost sleepy when she read the first few pages.

" Nope, this won't do. I might die if I read this boring book. I should find another way. Only if I can find someone to relate the story for me......."

That's when her eyes landed on poor Jing Ling ,who was cleaning the deck with a broom. A cunning smirk drawn on her face.

" My victim," She muttered herself

She waited till he descended towards the kitchen area,and when he did ,she followed him there. When Jing Ling saw her arrive, he was quite happy to see her,as he was brooding all day long.

" Hey, was it over already?"

He asked her while giving her some grapes. She put some in to her mouth and started the conversation.

"Hm....shifu went to his meditation, so I came here to accompany you."

She lied to him in a playful voice. And then she raised a sudden question from Jing Ling