The familiar stranger

Seeing Mei back on tracks, seeing her healthy Lu Yan let out a sigh of relief. He nolonger felt guilty of his doings. He had already decided to give her some rest, not conducting the lessons.

That's when he learnt goddess Wu Zhong hopes to see Sun Shi at the Glimmering Palace. He thought it happened for good ,as his actions could have been mistaken by Sun Shi.

But he couldn't just say to Mei that he was not conducting the lessons,so he himself asked the council of true gods whether they need any assistance in something.

The council of true gods were counting the number of demon lords who were left after the massacre happened at that blood bathed night. So he was asked to assist in that matter. That is what he was doing in the absence of Sun Shi.

As Mei got acquainted with Jing Ling, he had no worries until he saw them together, all smiling and chit chatting. That reminded him of Qin Ru. He was little envied inside as Mei didn't even wanna give him a look. He understood how Qin Ru must have felt when he was not giving her any attention back then.

"What is happening to me. Why do I need her attention?  I think I miss Qin Ru. Though she resembles Qin Ru, I can not expect the same treat from her. Because she is just Li Mei."

That's how he came to a settlement with his mind.But whenever he heard her calling Jing Ling by his name as the way she used to do it, he felt uneasy and displeasure rising within him. So he immersed himself in the work so that he wouldn't  be easily distracted.

That's when Jing Ling came,when Lu Yan was working on some ancient documents . He sensed Jing Ling was there for a reason. When Jing Ling stammered, he knew it was something important,so he read his mind just to find out that he was thinking of taking Mei to the human dwellings.

Lu Yan changed his mind at that moment. Earlier, he hoped to go meet the council of true gods in person. But as this thing came up, he assigned the task to Jing Ling. When Jing Ling kind of objected ,he thought he might let him go with her if he asked him again. But as always, he was his loyal companion. Jing Ling didn't leave his side.

Lu Yan thought this could be his chance to reconcile with her because they had been master and disciple for long years.
Just after Jing Ling left the mountain of Sage's,  Lu Yan strolled in searching for Mei.

She was at the Eastern deck. Facing back to him. She who never knew Jing Ling had left was waiting till he comes with the good news.
When she heard the footsteps, she turned back, calling his name just to see god Lu Yan standing in front of her.

"Come with me," He uttered in a tough voice when their eyes met.

She wanted to stay,but at the end followed him unwillingly, wondering what happened to Jing Ling. Then he stopped at the stone table and signed her to sit as well. She selected the farthest seat from him and sat there silently.

Next, he asked her to extend her hand.

"Extend your hand."

To which she gave him a doubtful look.
Then she figured it out herself.

"Oh! Do you wanna punish me? For what? For nothing? Alright, I can take anything?"  She thought to herself with daring eyes. She gave him one piercing look and extended her hand, diverting her eyes from him.

She was waiting to get hit by him. But she felt something else. When she looked back, there was a small tub on her palm.

"That's for you," He uttered softly this time.

Whatever it was, she didn't want to take it. So she kept it on the stone table and stood up to go,which made him furious. At once, he made a finger movement and made her sit there. Next, with another swift movement, both of her hands were brought to the table. Though she tried hard to lift herself from the ground she couldn't.  She looked at him with unforgivable eyes.