Here to accompany her

Master.....master...she doesn't.."

But Lu Yan was the one who completed the sentence for him.

"She doesn't remember. "
"Nor you .......nor me"

Jing Ling didn't want to argue with his master,for he knew master has the mind reading spell. Few seconds ago when Jing Ling called her out by her original name,he used the spell on her just to learn that she doesn't have a single memory of them.

He was wavered ,yet he wanted to keep his cool image as a true god infront of Jing Ling so he just uttered that like nothing. Only the chief god knew what chaos going inside his head.

"But master she remembered us earlier."

That was heart broken Jing Ling again who was annoyed with the news.

Though Lu Yan didn't say anything he knew Jing Ling was telling the truth. He was talking about facts. Earlier when she was born as the snow ball she recognized him first, then Jing Ling and others around them. But this time it was different.

"Isn't it master" Jing Ling tried to push him to talk,but he didn't.  He was in deep thoughts. He remembered that gloomy blood bathed night when he held her in his arms. He clearly remembered her gaze. Right before she took her last breath, her  features calmed down as if she had come to a compromise.

"So that was it" He uttered himself. Which alarmed Jing Ling who was walking beside him.

"Master, what was what?" Jing Ling eagerly asked in wanting to know. He instinctively knew it was about Qin Ru.

Lu Yan took a deep breath before unravelling the truth.

"That was her last wish. It seemed she had made a wish to forget her past life."

The less he talk, deep he thought.

"What?????" Dumb found Jing Ling asked in horror.

"How could she do that?" He added in disbelief.

But Lu Yan exactly knew how could she do that. Though he didn't voice out his feelings he was lamenting inside.

"She could do that because.....because..I hurt her the most. She had done that to forget me for I brought her nothing but calamity twice. "

He swallowed the bitter truth to himself making it's very painful to him.

He was a true god and was not supposed to be swayed by some rival matters though he did. So he took another deep breath and practiced the mindfulness which helped him throughout the long years.That was living in the present moment. Past is past and had added up to the history ,and the future is yet to be born. Thinking of it would be a waste of time. So the only hope exists in the present which was living today,dealing with the matters.

He remembered what a great sage once had said.

If you live today to the fullest without any sorrow when it becomes the past it would be a great day with happy memories.

That's what he did. He thought to go with the flow. Though the inauguration had already ended it wasn't yet the time to leave the festival grounds, as none of the true gods had left the lower god releam. As well as all the higher ups  were invited to a personal banquet by god Li Feng. It was inappropriate to reject the heartiest invitation.

All the four true gods and other major gods sat on their respective seats inside the banquet hall. Li Feng ,his wife Wu han , Yan Ki,her son Yuan Ki seated closer to each other and Li Mei (Qin Ru) sat beside her beloved dad next to Yuan Ki.

It did prick Lu Yan's heart for a second,but he shook away his thoughts. The proud god  father Li Feng invited all the respective gods for a toast and then after having a friendly chat they served the guests with delicacies.  Among them Li Mei's favourite were the moon cakes.