Final decision

Jing Ling fell down to his knees. Mei who witnessed everything from the window rushed to the upper deck.

When he saw her coming ,he stood up facing back to her. He wiped off his tears and faced her.

"Jing Ling ! What happened?" She asked in concern.
"Where did master go?" She further asked. She could see untried tears in his eyes.

"em....he.....he...he went on a journey. " He finally managed to utter.

"A journey??? To where?" Mei asked in utter curiosity.

"I don't know. It was something assigned from the heaven.  So I don't know." He shook his head and replied.

"Then why are you unhappy?" She inquired him.

There was no ending to her questions.

"Because.....because I might not see him for sometime" He uttered sighing.

Mei became silent for a second. She thought she should pamper him.

"He sure will come after completing the task" She said reassuring him.

Jing Ling let out another sigh.

"He will" He said. But his words sounds more like "He will not"

By now Mei had been feeling something was not right. That was the end, Jing Ling left the deck in silence. She could clearly see the difference in him as well as she felt fishy about master's departure. Not just that she knew Jing Ling was hiding something for sure.

The sun rose illuminating the hill for a new day, but unlike other days mount lookout seemed silent and lifeless. And Jing Ling was not to be seen too.

So Mei advanced the backyard taking small steps. The cotton cloth strip was still wrapped around her neck. It stung so badly yesterday, but it didn't today.

She could find him at the backyard busy doing something. He was weaving a net with golden threads.

"Jing Ling ! What are you doing?" He was startled hearing her voice out of nowhere.

"em......I am weaving a net" He said stammeringly.

Lately he had been acting weird, so Mei asked for clarification.

"I can see that, but for what?"

Jing Ling couldn't provide a proper answer for that.

"Jing Ling, you and master is hinding something from me. What's it ? Don't you trust me?"

She asked annoyingly.

"There....there is nothing. I am not hiding anything. " Jing Ling said feeling bad of her.

"God Tian Lu asked me to weave one. I am just following his instructions.  Only he knows"

But Mei was not quick to buy that. She who was heart broken ,stepped ahead towards the deck.

She stopped in her tracks hearing Jing Ling call her.

"Mei, ......I think....I think it's time.....it's time you go back home!!!"

Her eyes widened. She turned back in shock.

"Why should she go back?"
The question was raised from another voice.

Both Mei and Jing Ling looked at the direction,  where the voice came.

It was Sun Shi. She was coming towards them. Mei ran to her and held hands with her.

"Sister, you are back." She said in relief.

She was back at the Mount hut after weeks.

"Jing Ling ,why did you say ,Mei should ho home?" She raised the question again.