He was blind

"I did the best  I can do for you for now. I know we are not even,yet  It's time I let go of the past. I have a promise to keep"

He retorted himself.

Two thousand years ago, when he spontaneously born as a god in the god's releam, he had made the promise in front of the chief god.

"Make her born as a goddess. She should be called by the same name as in the human releam. If you do that for me, I promise you,I  will attain the position of a true god,whatever it takes. Then I will only marry her. If I ever go against my words, I will go to the Never releam and never come back."

At last, he had attained the position the chief god wanted him to be. He can finally marry her. He couldn't pay  much attention as he was assigned to work with other true gods almost a year, and then as the god's releam was suddenly attacked by the demons right after he obtained the position. Now everything has been resolved ,he thought it's time he announced his marriage.

It had always been his goal. He never thought his attention would be diverted by someone else. Anyhow, now his path was clear,he needed to work on it. So within seconds, he reappeared at the Ethereal Palace.

He wanted to discuss the good news,but seeing the mourning flags hoisted around the Palace,he was muddled and shaken.

All the maids,attendants, and stewards were wearing mourning garments. Soon, he found Sun Shi at the summer hut by the lake.

There, he learnt that her father ,mighty god Sun Wei, had passed away during the battles of the god releam. He had been severely wounded by a true demon, and that had brought him his calamity.

Sun Shi ,her godmother, all had put away their shining garments and ornamental items and had worn the mourning garments. Usually, when such a death occurred at the god's releam, the closest relations were supposed to go through a mourning period. God Sun Wei being a mighty god, the relations had decided to mourn for long twenty years under the supervision of the other true gods. During that time, they won't celebrate any festive occations nor participate any festive event happen within the releam.

Gods' lives were too long ,twenty years were nothing for them. But twenty years in god releam almost equal to six hundred years in the human releam.

Anyway, as true god Lu Yan couldn't announce his marriage, he reappeared at the pilgrimage Hall after paying respect to the deceased and spending a few hours at the Ethereal palace monitoring the work.

Nobody knew he was back at his pilgrimage hall. Jing Ling was at the entrance having a deep conversation with god Tian Lu,who had originally come to meet god Lu Yan.

----------------
"What ?????Master was holding a girl last night at the battle grounds???"

That was the voice of Jing Ling, who was swayed by the news.

"Hm.....that's what my fellows said. They had been in the front line with him that night. " It was god Tian Lu's voice answering Jing Ling.

" Maybe it was goddess Sun Shi, he was holding." Jing Ling came up with a hypothesis.

But Tian Lu shook his head, denying that.

"It cannot be her. Lu Yan himself led her and her mom to a safer place that night before arriving at the battle grounds. So it wasn't  her"

Tian Lu proved that Jing Ling was wrong.

"Then who can it be?" Jing ling uttered in wonderment. 

"I 'll tell you who it was?"

Hearing Lu Yan's voice right behind them, both Jing Ling and Tian Lu turned at once to look at him.Lu Yan had been listening to their conversation from a distance for a while. He had awakened his voice to clear their doubts.