The Trial

All of a sudden, the wind stopped, and the dark clouds squeezed into one place, making a hollow in the sky . Then....then the silence for good long seconds followed by a massive,explosive  lighting,which illuminated  the mountain of Sage's like the day. Seconds later, a gigantic thunder echoed through the ambience , shaking the earth for many miles.

The people who lived at the foot of the mountain of Sage evacuated hurriedly, sensing the danger ahead. The elders told  their little ones that the gods have become furious, so they have to leave their homes for life.

What they said wasn't totally illogical, as Qin Ru was in the same thought,when she could see that first lightning ball cracked through the dark hollow, spiliting the skies in half. She thought it was too savage for a trial.

The next moment, that lightning splited into electrified roots and  landed directly on the formation, making she and Jing Ling almost go blind, followed by the thundering.

When it was over,when they finally came back to their senses, they ran towards the barrier. But making both of them feel rest assured, Lu Yan had withstanded it without a small scratch.

Qin Ru let out a sigh of relief . Jing Ling led her away from the barrier as directed by the master.

Thirty seconds later, the second strike hit on shifu,making him bit his lip. She felt the pain, too. When the third heavenly thunder landed on him,his nose bled ,making her worry more about him.

"Jing Ling!!...it's just the third strike ,and master in this shape...I ....I can't bear it. He will be okay, right?"

She needed someone to console him.

"He will. Every strike dampens his power as well as strengthens him,so he will"

Jing Ling uttered with confidence, which indeed brought her some solace.

Proving him right,Lu Yan successfully endured the next couple of hits. He was at the tenth strike, and suddenly, the colour of the dark hollow turned more darker ,making her baffled.

" Jing Ling, what's happening?" She asked in confusion, but Jing Ling didn't give her an answer.

Suddenly, another lightning bolt cracked  in the colour of blue instead of the yellowy white.

"What was ......"
But before she could complete the sentence, shifu was struck by that lightning,making him spat out some blood.

"....that?" It had done the harm when she finished uttering  that.

She ran towards the barrier and touched it, calling shifu,but was thrown away by the power of the barrier itself.

Jing Ling tucked her and helped her stand up. Qin Ru was looking at Jing Ling with imploring eyes.

"That was a blue lightning. When it reaches the last few lightnings ,the effect will become more severe. "  He said, making her shiver top to bottom.

Qin Ru was confident earlier, as she was ignorant about the process,but Jing Ling, who knew better, was troubled as he knew the real outcome. So that made sense why he acted that way earlier.

When the eleventh lightning ball cracked and attacked him,he threw a fist of blood. The high voltage flash made him knelt on the ground.

Jing Ling grasped Qin Ru's wrist in a tight grip, not letting her reach the formation.

Twelveth and thirteenth  heavenly thunders attacked him harshly, making his robe torn in places ,burning the skin underneath.

When the next couple of blue lightnings struck him, his whole robe got covered in patches of blood. The blood was oozing from those wounds and was trickling down his mouth, displaying a dreadly picture in front of both Qin Ru and Jing Ling.