Salvation

God Lu Yan was meditating for hours,as he could finally concentrate, only on his recuperation. He was in the middle of it when suddenly some blurry visions appeared, breaking his trance.

He could see some brick walls and chatter of men,but they were never clear. Then again, there are bars of a cage and a blurry image of a man. He was advancing taking small steps. Then he could see two hads gripping the bars and a clear picture of a cheeky man. He winked.

Lu Yan didn't understand the meaning of those visions. He wrinkled his forehead, still closing his eyes shut.Then suddenly he saw a purple lightning followed by a dreadful scream of a woman. First he couldn't recognise the voice,but when he did, he opened his eyes wide.

" Qin Ru"

In a swift move, he stood up and came out from the hut in a hurry. Jing Ling was at the stone table, removing some leaves and twigs on it.

He called him out.

"Jing Ling!......to the Red Fort"

Strangely, Lu Yan knew exactly where he should go.

Jing Ling, who couldn't understand what master just said, looked at him with questioned eyes. Lu Yan was descending the steps and almost at the last step.

" Hurry up...to the Red Fort."

Master's emphasized tone made him clear,whatever the matter ,it cannot wait.

So, with a brief movement, he turned himself into the fiery pheonics and flew to the sky, carrying his master on his back towards the Red Fort.

The fiery pheonics flew at a great speed, splitting the skies. Lu Yan knew Qin Ru was in trouble, so he needed to be there as soon as possible. On the way he wandered ,why did he get those visions from no where. How did him and her be connected, and why?

He himself was supposed to find answers ,but it wasn't the time to build a hypothesis. They had flew for an hour when they could finally see the lit torches over the walls of the Red Fort.

Lu Yan,who was on the fiery pheonic's back, bent towards Jing Ling 's ears to whisper him something.

"Jing Ling, Qin Ru is in danger. I need to go find her,but the walls here are powered by some sort of demonic power, so if I use my power, that will indeed take the lives of innocents. You need to do something about it. You have to make the way for me to the Red Fort. "

He quickly understood the situation.
It was about Qin Ru,indeed, Jing Ling was willing to do anything for her.

" Master rest assured. I will distract the guards. You go find her."

He said while flapping his huge wings.

Lu Yan was a god and supposed to protect humans. Whether they were evil or bad ,that wasn't an excuse to hurt them. He could have easily appeared and saved her if the Fort wasn't fortified with demonic power(Ying iron). But it was,so he had to make the change of plan.

According to the negotiation ,as soon as Lu Yan disembarked from his back ,Jing Ling started to roam around the sky, diverting everyone's attention towards him.

Seeing a thousands of years old supernatural being in the naked eye, they were astonished. Wang Long's father , the King of the Red Fort Wang Rong, commanded his men to make ready the equipments like , silver nets, woven with fine fibres, iron chains, bows and arrows and everything they could gather to capture the creature .

So the whole Red Fort was on chaos.With that start, Lu Yan entered the Fort from the Eastern outpost ,disgusing himself as a Red soldier.

He tried to locate her whereabouts using his god sense of direction. He could see that she was kept in an ivory tower, which was distant from all the other buildings. When he marched to the door ,he could see two guards at the door. Instead of using his spiritual power, he used his martial arts to surrender them and immobilise them, blocking their veins.

Then he entered the room which she was kept. There he could see the man he earlier saw, he was watching the sight of the fiery pheonics in greed. As the tower was too high, the power of the Ying iron was less inside the room, but not in the cage. The purple colour electric currents were all over it,and inside the cage there laid her .

Lu Yan's heart skipped a beat seeing her state. His face fell feeling guilty. Then he looked back at the cheeky man. His attention was solely focused on the sky.

With that sign, Lu Yan took another step towards the cage to have a closer look.

" Today is our lucky day. We caught one spiritual being in the morning, and we are gonna catch another. This one seems fiery and more devine than the one I caught. Whatever the gold goes to our treasure "

In his chain of thoughts, he suddenly looked back at the cage, where she was kept, just to notice that someone was standing near it, facing back to him.

" Who are you? What are you doing?"
Wang Long asked in suspicion.

Though the one who stood was in a Red soldier's attire, the experienced Wang Long felt something was off.

Lu Yan , who was already aware that Wang Long's eyes were on him, turned towards him ,acting all cool.

" You are .....you are not one of the soldiers in our army,aren't you?"

He said, giving him a knowing look. He was taken aback, to see Lu Yan's expressions didn't change. So he further talked to him,pointing his finger at him.

" Wow! You are ....you are not even surprised. "

The next moment, he drew a sward out of his scabbard and aimed it at him. It was a sward, which was tempered with Ying iron ,which originally belonged to demonic releam.

Lu Yan was not in a place to use his spiritual power to take down any of the human beings, as it was opposed to the laws of heaven. If given a verdict only ,they could punish the criminals. He could have acted on his own if he was a true God,but he hadn't attained that position yet,so he just doged Wang Long's moves, not attacking him back.

" Are you afraid of an armed combat? Bring out your weapon and fight with me?"

Wang Long boasted. The miserable being didn't know he was trying to persuade a God.

As Lu Yan didn't make a move, the impatient man ,who couldn't wait any longer, swayed his sward and doing so,
the tip of the blade brushed through Lu Yan's forearm,making a small cut.

Suddenly, a distant thunder was heard.

" Wang Long's sin was written in bold letters in heaven."

Jing Ling, who recognised the meaning of the thunder,feared something bad must have happened to his master.

" Was master hurt by someone?"

He worried. He flaffed his wings, making a ferocious resonant sound in rage, literally making the people go deaf.

God Lu Yan took a step back. He didn't want the pathetic ,ignorant human being to be more pathetic, making another unforgivable sin , so he used his power to frozen the blade.

Wang Long looked at him in bewilderment.

"Who are you?"
He asked in terror.

Lu Yan advanced him taking one step at a time. Seeing his confident nature , Wang Long naturally retreated with a shaking heart.

The next moment, god Lu Yan sent a light beam towards him and erased all his memories of going for hunting in the mountain of Sage, meeting Qin Ru, capturing her, caging her, and all the incidents up to this point.

Wang Long ,lost his mind , fell to the ground due to sudden shock, and passed out.

Then Lu Yan reached the iron cage ,which was trapping Qin Ru inside. He destroyed the Yin Iron, powering the cage, and then elevated the lever. That lifted the cage above ground.

He swam to her and called her name.

" Qin Ru!....Qin Ru"

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Are you excited for the next chap....be my guest...