A night to remember

"Where have you been all these years? I searched you everywhere, " 

His eyes were filled with concern, hurt, and happiness at the same time

"Where were you ......Rong Ru???"

When those last words left his lips, she felt his pain inside.

She looked into his eyes empathitically. Yet she was puzzled to hear him calling her with another name. The same thing repeated earlier, but this time, it was another name.

A handsome stranger was calling him "Rong Ru" instead of Qin Ru.

When she didn't answer him,he shook her from the shoulders in wanting to get a reply.

"Where were you?" He asked again.

She didn't know what to say. So she just uttered the last thing he wanted to hear.

"Who are you?"

He was baffled to hear that . He couldn't collect himself for a while. It was the same reaction once Jing Ling gave her,when she uttered the same thing.

"What???? You don't remember, " He replied in a low voice when he got the hold of him.

Then he loosened the grip on her. Mei didn't know what she should have remembered.

"I hope you will somehow recall my words." He uttered.

Then the silence.

"I am here to steal Your Heart. "
YOur Heart... your heart....ur💓....💓

For an unknown reason, his words resonated in her ears. That brought her a glitch of memories.  A face mask,a chess board, and a bowl of wontons.

Seeing her in a daze, he held her from her wrist.
"Remember me now?" He asked, igniting a hope in his heart.

She dived into his eyes, not knowing what's actually happening. Suddenly, she felt a tight grip on her forearm. The next second, she was pulled back by a huge force,and then there stood her master, master Lu Yan, covering her.

"Stay  back," He retorted to her in a commanding tone, being ready to attack the guy in front of him anytime soon. He gave him a daring look with a start.

Lu Yan felt the rage develop within him, burning the depths. When he first saw Jim holding her hand, his blood instantly  boiled. Then he rushed to her, throwing away the lantern he had just bought,thinking she was trouble.

The rivals stared at each other for long minutes. Lu Yan looked at him with piercings eyes. At a glance, he figured out the one who was standing before him was not a mere human being but a thousand year old spiritual being.

"What's your business here? " Lu Yan inquired him with displeasure. The guy in front of him didn't utter anything. Instead, he looked him in the eyes.  He seemed fearless,well nurtured, and noble. He didn't say anything in offence nor act in rash. He stayed in his place in patience and then went away, keeping his cool image.

The guy's silence, his  patience, was killing him inside. His chest was rising and falling to a rapid rhythm.

"Shif....master who was he?" She almost called him shifu.

"Maybe you know yourself. You were staring at him in daze a little while ago. " He said angrily, which was Greek to Mei.

"Why is he angry with me? " She asked herself.

Lu Yan lashed his right sleeve irritatingly and walked away, not giving her a second look. Mei followed him, asking him to wait.

Soon, the night fell, and people gathered around the lake called 'Lee', carrying their sky lanterns in their hands. The lanterns were ready to float over the sky. Mei lit her lantern, which master bought her. Her face was illuminated with the light of the lantern. Her eyes twinkled in happiness, making Lu Yan think,

"She is pretty."

But he shook away the thought.

"Oh! What am I thinking? Today's occurrences were more than enough."

He thought to himself. He looked at the night sky. Though that incident took place hours ago, its faint memory was still lingering around him.

"Who was that being?" He asked himself, for they had never met before. He was in rage,so he forgot to use the mind reading  spell on him.

"How does he know her? When did they meet?"

Thousands of questions were bothering him, but he didn't hear Mei calling him.

"Master....master Lu Yan." She shook her fingers in front of him. He snapped out of his thoughts and managed to act like nothing happened.

"Why?" He calmly asked her.

" Master hold this lantern. Let's fly it together." He gleefully requested him as she felt thankful towards him.

Unintentionally, his hands were raised for a second ,but he lowered them in the midway.

"No, you fly it." Her face fell to what he said.

Lu Yan could see the disappointment in her eyes.

"You wanted a new life, and you are having it now. I can not ruin your happiness flying this together with you. Sorry Qin Ru, " He uttered within.

But tonight, he didn't want to make her unhappy,so he said something that made sense in return.

"Qin....Mei," He addressed her ,who was looking away.

"You and Yuan Qi are supposed to engage within a month. If somebody sees we are setting a lantern together ,it's not good for me and you as well. So you fly it."

That made sense. She was no longer unhappy with him,and that resentment towards him had faded away for some extent.

"Yes , master what you said is true. I can not make Yuan Qi unhappy. "

Now, it was his turn to be hurt.

She was so excited to float the lantern like a child.

"Master ...master, should I make a wish?"
She asked with eagerness.

"Hm..." There came his answer.

"Can I make more than one?" She doubtfully asked next, making a pout.

That made Lu Yan smile.

"Of course you can." He said this time.

"You are the best master." She said before releasing the sky lantern.

Lu Yan stared at her with bewilderment. 
"You are the best master." That reminded him of Qin Ru, telling him,"You are the best shifu. " He never valued her words back then ,but now he does.

As soon as the lantern flew to the sky, Mei joined her palms together and made the wishes. She was all smiles when doing that.

Then true god flew on his sword, so they can get home, to Mount Look out. Mei didn't have a sword, as well as she didn't know how to fly one. Lu Yan promised him that he would teach her if she behaved well.

While Lu Yan flew the sword ,Mei sat on it, holding his leg in a firm grip. First, she was too scared to open her eyes. But she knew, master was not gonna make a mistake. She had faith in him when it came to the capabilities. So later she enjoyed the ride.

"Master,look an eagle." She pointed at one like an energetic kid.

She was definitely enjoying the starry night. It was a day to remember.  She was glad she came with him.

Soon, they disembarked at the Mount Lookout.

After thanking her master enough, she ran to her residence right away. It was yet another exhausting day,but a profitably exhausting day.

-
-
-
Somewhere else in an Inn in a busy street, there stands a tall figure in elegant clothes inside a well lit room.

Suddenly, an Eagle comes flying and lands on his right forearm. He looks into its sharp eyes and then retorts.

"So that's where they live. I should find a way in"

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸