She can't stay

Then Lu Yan reached the iron cage ,which was trapping Qin Ru inside. He destroyed the Yin Iron, powering the cage. Next, he elevated the lever. That lifted the cage above ground. And then he swam to her side. She was lying there lifelessly.

Guilt ,what was visible on his face. He regretted his decision of expelling her from Mount Lookout seeing her pitiful state.

He bent down and called her name.

" Qin Ru"

When she didn't respond,he checked her pulse. Thankfully, she was alive. But her hands were icy cold. And the next moment, he scooped her up without wasting another second. Then he whistled just to hear Jing Ling ,to bring him back.

Hearing the whistle, Jing Ling rushed to the ivory tower, flaffing his wings rapidly. The Red Fort's king's men couldn't even harm a feather of Jing Ling. All their efforts went in vain,leaving them empty-handed.

As soon as he reached the tower, god Lu Yan took a leap from the only window towards his back. He safely landed there, holding Qin Ru in his hands.

He laid her among Jing Ling's warm feathers. Sensing her cold touch, Jing Ling generated some warmth within him to make sure she was warm enough.

Lu Yan indeed felt relieved after rescuing her. He remembered what he got to see when he erased Wang Long's memories from his head.

He could see Wang Long's dirty desires towards Qin Ru. He could see how he wanted to molest her. He could see how his lusty eyes linger all over her body, qenching his wild thirst. Lu Yan shook away his thoughts. He thanked the stars for being with him.

If he was late and if she was supposed to live in that dirty pit, another day, he wouldn't be able to forgive himself for a whole lifetime.

Lost in the chain of thoughts,his eyes landed on her still figure. He remembered her bubbly nature back then and her mischievousness. She was a young, carefree girl. But the one who made her like this was him. That was something he couldn't forgive himself.

Jing Ling was flying above the clouds, incising the cold air.

Finally, Lu Yan could find answers for what happened earlier when he was meditating. He was thinking how they were connected ,and how could he see visions of her beyond many miles. That was because they were indeed connected from mind. He is the one who gave her memories in her previous life,and he let her remember that past life in her next reincarnation. He was the one she recognized at first in this life,so they had created a bond and were connected with each other from the very beginning.

They were almost at the vicinity of the Mountlook out after a one hour ride. They were back home,and it felt good in many ways.

The fiery pheonics landed on the deck of the mount hut, blowing smoke from his nostrils. Finally, he could feel at ease,as all were safe.

Lu Yan scooped up Qin Ru again into his embrace and disembarked from Jing Ling's back, giving him some room to turn back to his human form. As soon as he turned human ,he took Qin Ru from master's hand as he thought it's not appropriate for master to hold a girl when he was standing there.

Lu Yan was thinking the same thing, so he gave her to Jing Ling and asked him to take her to her hut.

" Jing Ling take her there, and don't let her catch a cold. Take care of her until my return"

Before Jing Ling could ask master's reasons to go somewhere, he was out of sight in a blink of an eye. Anyhow, Jing Ling obeyed his master and brought her back to her hut, and laid her in her bed. Then, he lit the stove to fix the room temperature.