Afterwards

It's true that she had learnt her lesson not to underestimate the power of a true  god. And it's also true that she believed it,but she was too injured and hurt at the moment.

As that incident happened early in the morning, there were no lectures for the rest of the day. Sun Shi forced Mei to apologize to him,but she refused it. When that didn't work, she implored god Lu Yan to forgive her this once but was cut away by a curt reply.

"Do not intervene in others' matters. Stay inside. "

That's what he said. Jing Ling, who witnessed everything, felt guilty for what he did indeed. That was the second time she used him, but at the moment, he was feeling sympathised towards her. He thought master went overboard and was too rude to her. So while Sun Shi went to implore before him, he quickly came to her with some herbal water he prepared for master and washed her wounds with it. Mei, who had never seen so much blood like that, trembled.

Jing Ling purposely used that herbal water on her as he knew the water had the power to heal wounds for some extent. And then he dabbed her wounds and wrapped them with pure cotton stripes. He looked at her face. It had been uglied with all the crying and pain. In the lower god releam, she had never been through such punishments. No one dared to. But she was tasting them all thanks to her master.

Lu Yan, who watched Jing Ling tending Mei from a distance, called him out in displeasure.

"Jing Ling, no one is supposed to aid her. especially you. Stay away from her, or I might punish you as well.

Mei heard his harsh words. She didn't want to see any more troubles befall her friends. So she started copying the script right away, holding her right hand from the other.

The herbal water indeed had some effect on her. Her pain had subsided a little,but the wounds were preventing her from writing. When she copied one page of the script, the cotton stripes had dipped in blood again.

"I  have to complete the task. If not, he will punish Jing Ling and Sun Shi in my place. And I should show himself how much I can bare"

With that thought, despite her pain, she  continued copying the script.

She had copied only 10 pages by the noon,and there were 900 to go. The blood clotted cloth stripes had been stiffened.

As Sun Shi was confined to the residence, she couldn't go outside. Neither Jing Ling. There was this moroseness spread all over Mount lookout.

Lu Yan never came out of his residence nor gave an eye to Li Mei, who was all alone at the stone table copying helplessly. As her palms were already injured, the fingers had become numb with writing. To worsen the matters,two blisters had popped up on her right palm.

She still wrote in pain. It wasn't a secret that she cursed him under breath, but master Lu Yan himself had let her understand how capable she was. In the lower god releam, she was always pampered by others . So she was naive and tender. She didn't get any chance to test her wittiness or boldness. She had never experienced this side of her.

By the evening, she could only complete another 10 pages . Altogether, 20 pages. She knew it would take ages to complete the task. Her mental strength was draining with the lack of rest and with her injuries.  She could no longer look at the words. She felt that they were dancing around her.

She kept her head on the stone table for a while. Unknowingly, she had fallen asleep for a good long hour. Suddenly, as it started to drizzle, she woke up from her sleep and  ran under a shade, rolling the papers into a bundle. She didn't want to see all her efforts go in vain.

She looked at the deck. It had been desolated.  There were none to inquire about her. Tears rolled down her cheeks. She felt so helpless for the first time in her life. She knew he was the reason why no one was by her side. She pointed her pointer finger at his hut.

"You ....you are the only reason,"

She didn't hate him at the very beginning. It was just the resentment that lingered. But now she was sure she hate him.

When the drizzling came to an end, she went back to the stone table and started copying the script. She determined to do it somehow or other.

When the night fell, Lu Yan instructed Jing Ling to get some light there. But he clearly mentioned him not to stay long. Jing Ling obeyed his master ,but he was totally annoyed with him.

It was a cold night. The breeze was sharp and freezing. Mei couldn't bear the chilly weather. She dreamt of her warm and cosy bed.Her whole body was shaken in the cold. She jotted down some words, shivering from top to bottom. But her handwriting was becoming unreadable.Her garments didn't fit into the cold weather.

She blew warm breath into her palms. But it was just the pain. Nothing was helping her. She stood up and jumped several times. That didn't help much, either.

She knew if she asked for forgiveness, he might let her go, but she was as strong-willed as him.

"I will never," She muttered herself, trembling. She formed herself into a ball in wanting to warm herself. But the weather was not on her side today,it was  probably because she had offended a true God.

Her palms had been injured ,the weather had worsened, and to add salt, she was suffering from fever too. She wanted to finish the script, but her head went sideways.

At this hour, Jing Ling, who was couldn't take her sight, rushed towards her eith a blanket.  He knew he was disobeying his master,but he couldn't just look away.He wrapped it around her in a hurry. Then, he tucked her to his side and led her inside her residence before the cold kills her.

At the doorway, Sun Shi also came out for help. They both tucked her inside.

Suddenly, the reed plank to Lu Yan's hut was lowered as it had been lifted a  seconds ago. There he was sitting at his table. On it, there laid a blanket and a tub of medicinal ointment.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸