The Birthday Gift

Lu Yan was proud to see his first disciple gradually leveling up. That brought a humble smile to his face.  Little did he know she was up to something big.

😈😈

"Sun Shi,wait and watch what I do. "

When Qin Ru utter those words a chuckle left her lips. Something really huge was cooking up inside her head.

One morning when she came to the practice grounds, shifu was no where to be seen unlike other days. So she went looking for the informant ,who was picking herbs at the back of the mountain.

"Jing Ling!...where is shifu?" He was startled hearing her voice right behind him.

"Oh, you startled me. What did you ask?"
He asked her again.

"Jing Ling , I think you have grawn older from hundred years. You bearly hear anything you old man" She teased him.

"Is that it? Then let the old man leave alone and take your leave" He annoyedly said.

"Oh, come on Jing Ling. When do you grow up ? I was just joking okay. Now be the good boy and tell me where shifu is?"  She buttered up Jing Ling.

"Master left for City of Gold with god Tian Lu " He replied still picking herbs.

"City of Gold!!!!!" She repeated. It was the first time she heard of it.

Jing Ling could see how blank her mind was, so he filled up her with his knowledge.

"Hm....City of Gold. It's an ancient city in the god's releam, where only mighty gods can enter. The city is filled with invaluable treasures, artifacts, ornamental objects and many more precious things."

He revealed her, and he was waiting for her to ask the next question, but it seemed she had figured it out herself.

"Don't you wanna know why he went there out of the blue moon?" He pushed her to ask.

"Shifu must have gone there for something very important " She blankly said.

"Not just something. Goddess Sun Shi's birthday is on the way. He went there to collect  treasures for her."  Jing Ling expected Qin Ru would show a huge reaction ,but she didn't.

"Good for her" She just said without much of a scene.

"Let me help you. I will carry these herbs to the kitchen" She took the herbs Jing Ling had already gathered and walked ahead, along the foot path laid through the bamboo forest.

"Finally it is reaching near. You would cry on your birthday." She uttered with a grin.

Of course Qin Ru had learnt about her birthday ,before Jing Ling break the news to her. When she was at the  lower god releam lamenting on her loss, she had overheard what Yan Ki's maid girls gossiped about.

They were talking about goddess Sun Shi's upcoming Two thousand five hundred  sixty third birthday. They were gossiping about how pretty and dreamy she was. More importantly they were talking about how glamorous her birthdays were,as every god in the god's releam were invited to that occasion.

Back then those complements of her, hurt Qin Ru's broken heart,and now it was her turn to hurt her. Her bigger plan was  to ruin her birthday and show her true colours to everyone in the god's releam. So the news couldn't break her heart,as she was counting fingers for that day. As she was going to present her the most memorable gift of the history.

She even hummed a song with a light heart.

On the other hand Lu Yan had prepared three gifts for his beloved.
A bangle made of  thousands of precious opals , A hand drawn portrait of her and  an artifact which dates back to million years,which has the power to enhance ones power twice in amount.