The unexpected

"I will accompany her there. "

Suddenly, an answer came from behind in a devine voice, drawing everyone's attention.

The gathering turned their heads to see who it was. It was the last person goddess Yan Ki wanted to see.

"Goddess Sun Shi!!!"

Lu Yan was baffled , too. Even more puzzled than Yan Ki. That's when Sun Shi addressed the guests.

"I am sorry for barging into your ceremonial occasion without a proper invitation."

She humbly seeked forgiveness from everyone.

As the one who organized the banquet god Li Feng held the upper hand over everyone. So he spoke to her to clear the air.

"No,no... don't say such. We are really delighted to have you here. You brought glamour to this occasion. So please"

Sun Shi bowed at him with a thankful heart for welcoming her in.

"I am still sorry for eavesdropping your conversation earlier.I actually didn't mean to. Anyway, I cannot justify my own actions. It wasn't appropriate for a goddess like me to do that,so I hope you would forgive me."

Yan Ki was making faces at her, implying her to drop the act. In her eyes, she was nothing but a drama queen.

"Of course you did nothing wrong, goddess Sun Shi."

It was Wu Han who was pampering her. Sun Shi wasn't someone that anyone could refuse for she came from one of the prestigious families in the upper god releam.

"I actually came up with the idea of accompanying her for my own selfishness.I thought it would be great if I could befriend her." Sun Shi further said.

Lu Yan was having troubles reading Sun Shi's actions,as they didn't add up with the current situation.

That's when she herself came up with the explanation clearing everyone's doubts.

"As you all know, I spent lonely twenty years at the Ethereal Palace,mourning for my beloved godfather's death. As a loyal daughter I never regretted doing that,but still I do have emotions.The time period is already over,so I thought it would be nice if I can move forward with a great companion like her.That would be beneficial for you as well. For you were having trouble sending her alone there. Of course, only if you agree."

She finished her explanation.

"Yeah... yeah... it's such great honour for you thinking to accompany my daughter. We have no offence. Right, everyone. "

It was god Li Feng who was expecting everyone's consent regarding the matter. No one saw any fault with it except Yan Ki and true god Lu Yan.
But they were not in a place to object as god Li Feng had already given the word. If it was another time, Yan Ki would bring out something, but this time, she couldn't as both the elders were on the same side.

On the other hand, Li Mei seemed delighted to see goddess Sun Shi. She went closer to her bowed and muttered.

"You are soooo pretty,"

She said that as if she were dreaming. She didn't know she voiced it out loud,which made some gods burst out in to laugh .

"I mean ....I... ...had heard of you beforehand. But you are way prettier. You are pretty beyond explanation."

Li Mei stammering said with excitement.

Sun Shi held her hands, making a happy shiver run her spine.

"Oh! I am so flattened hearing your words. You are pretty, too,and I am happy to meet you in person. Oh! I almost forgot. congratulations to both of you!"