Chapter 29: Serpent

The both of us just seemed to stare at the dwarf, all at once. As it was clear to me that the both of us were uncomfortable, all at once. Just as soon as it was that it had in fact just been the case, at that.
Kips didn't seem to trust my judgement on things at all. As it was that I was not all too sure if I did either. As it was that it was in fact not my judgement what so ever, at that.
As it was that I just seemed to have stood there and stared. That was when it was that I then did in fact just seem to close my eyes. And I did in fact begin to go and whisper to my self quietly, all at once.
"A lake? Why are we going through a lake? Are you sure that I am going the right way?" I did in fact just seem to say, all at once. As it was that I did in fact seem to question the voice that had been in my head.
As it was that it had seemed to have been the case. That was when it was that I did in fact just seem to blink my eyes a few times. And I then did in fact just seem to go right on ahead and wait for a response.
How ever, it only seemed to be silence, all of the sudden. As it did in fact remind me as to the fact that he had in fact told me. That I needed to be a leader and a real prince, all at the exact same time too.
Just as soon as it was that it had in fact just been the case. That was when it was that I heard the voice of Kips. As it was that I then did in fact just seem to open my eyes and look at my friend, all at once, at that.
"So... What exactly is the plan now Michael?" He did in fact just seem to say, all at once. As it was that he did in fact have his eyes squinted at me just as it was the case.
Just as soon as it was that it had in fact been that sort of way. That was when it was that I did in fact just seem to shiver, at that. As it was that I did in fact do my best to try to act as calm as I felt like I could.
As it was that it had in fact seemed to have been the case. That was when it was that I blinked my eyes a few times, at that. And I then did in fact simply go and speak back to him, all at the exact same time too.
"Well... I suppose that we should go through the lake... The exit has to be on the other side..." I did in fact just seem to say, all at once. As I did in fact gulp just as soon as it was that I had said as to just what I had said.
It was clear to me that I was not at all too sure about what I had said. And that the other 2 had known that it was in fact the case. As it was that they did in fact seem to look at one another for some time.
Limbsy didn't seem to want to say a word what so ever how ever. As it was that he did in fact simply just dip his head low to the ground. As Kips did in fact realize that it was going to have to be him to do it.
Kips then did in fact once again go and look back at me. As it was that he then did in fact begin to go and speak to me, just as before. As it was that I did in fact go and listen as to just what he had to say, at that.
"So you are saying that the group had to do that too? Some of them can not even swim... Can you swim?" He did in fact just seem to say to me, all at the exact same time too.
He did in fact have his head tilted at me just as he had said that. As it was that I did in fact know that he had a fair point on what he had said. As it was that I just then did in fact seem to dip my head low to the ground.
As it was that it had in fact just seemed to have been the case. That was when it was that I blinked my eyes just a few times. And I then did in fact simply go and speak to him.
"Yes... What kind of question is that Kips? I am a prince... I am not just some lazy go, I was trained to do the same sort of stuff that you were..." I did in fact just seem to say, all at the exact same time too.
As it was that I did in fact seem to rethink on the fond memories. That I did in fact have back at home. As I had always swam naked at the Kings garden and fountain, at that.
I just seemed to be lost in those thoughts for some time. Until it was that I did in fact hear the voice of Kips go and speak. As it was that I did in fact go and listen as to just what it was that he had to say.
"Well... If that's the case, that you should be better trained than any of us... We were never trained to swim... Luckily I trained my self..." He did in fact just seem to say to me, all at the exact same time too.
It was clear that he was in fact going after me right now, at that. As I was in fact not all too happy that it was in fact the case. As it was that I did in fact go and squint my eyes back at him, all of the sudden.
Just as soon as it was that I seemed to do as such a thing like that. Kips did in fact not seem to care if it was in fact the case. Just as soon as it was that I then did in fact simply go and speak back to him.
"Well... I am still young, I haven't been trained well enough in fighting like you have..." I did in fact just seem to say, all at the exact same time too. As it was that I was once again serious with just what I had said.
It seemed like Kips didn't seem to care what so ever, as to what I had said. As it was that it seemed like had simply just ignored me. Just as soon as it was that he then did in fact look away from me, at that.
Kips seemed to have his focus on the dwarf in stead, at that. As it was that I did in fact begin to hear my friend go and speak to him, all at the exact same time too.
"What about to Limbsy? Surely dwarves can't swim right? I mean..." He did in fact just seem to say. As it was that he did in fact look at the lower part of the dwarf as he had said that.
As it was clear to me that he was pointing out that the dwarf was fat. As it was that I did in fact blink my eyes a few times. As I could tell that the dwarf was in fact quite a bit offended by what he had said.
He did in fact just seem to squint his eyes back at Kips. As it was that just as he had done as such a thing like that, none the less. That was when it was that I then also began to hear him speak back to Kips, at that.
"Actually we are very agile, and we are great swimmers... Thank you very much Kips... Seems like you are the only one who can't swim..." He did in fact just seem to say, all at the exact same time too.
As it was that it seemed like he had a fair point on what he had said. As it was clear that Kips was trying to put the blame on some one else. Rather than the fact that he couldn't admit that he couldn't swim.
As it was that I seemed to realize that it was in fact the case. That was when it was that Kips lowered his head down to the ground in guilt. As it was that he also then began to start to speak back to him, as well.
"I can swim... I'm just... I'm not very good at it..." He did in fact just seem to say, all of the sudden. As it was that he did in fact continue to look down at the ground as he had said that.
As it was that he had said as to just what it was that he had said. I then did in fact roll my eyes just a little bit. As I was not all too sure why my friend was making such a big deal about all of this, at that.
Just as soon as it was that I had in fact realized it was the case. That was when I then did in fact begin to squint my eyes back at him. As it was that I then did in fact begin to simply go and speak back to him, at that.
"Well... Me and Limbsy can help get you through the water if that's the case... You said you are a good swimmer too, right Limbsy?" I did in fact just seem to say, all at once.
As it was that I looked at the dwarf just as I had said that. As I still kind of found it a little bit hard to believe. As to the fact that he had said that he was in fact a great swimmer.
I did my best to try to not make it seem like I was attacking him. As it was that I did in fact just seem to hear Limbsy speak back to me. As it was that he did in fact roll his eyes at me just as soon as it was the case.
"Yes... We are excellent swimmers... Even if it may not look so... I can help your friend..." He did in fact just seem to say, all at the exact same time as well, at that.
Just as soon as it was that he had said as to just what he had said. That was when it was that I let out a little bit of a soft sigh of some relief. As I did in fact feel a whole lot better about things, all at the exact same time too.
Just as soon as it was that I had done as such a thing like that. That was when it was that I did in fact seem to blink my eyes a few times. And I then did in fact go and simply just speak back to the dwarf, at that.
"Well... If that is the case, that means we are all ready, right?" I did in fact just seem to say. As it was that I then did in fact seem to feel better. Just as soon as it was that I had said as to just what I had in fact said.
As it was that it had in fact just been the case, all at once. That was when it was that I felt much better about things. As it was that I then did in fact begin to start to get ready to go in to the water my self.
Just as it was that I was in fact about to do as such a thing like that how ever. That was when it was that Kips did in fact stop me. As he did in fact speak to me with his eyes wide, all at the exact same time as well.
"Wait Michael... Can you just give me one quick moment?" He did in fact just seem to say. As he had a serious look on his face as he had in fact said that to me, at that.
Just as soon it was that it had in fact been the case. I did in fact seem to be a little bit lost and surprised by what he had said at first. But in the end, I then did in fact just seem to simply go and nod back to my friend.
Just as soon as it was that I had done as such a thing like that. That was when it was that I then did in fact seem to close my eyes. As it was that I then did in fact just seem to simply speak to my self quietly just as soon as it was that it had been the case.
"Thank you for taking me this far... I don't think we could have done it with out you..." I did in fact just seem to say to the voice, at that. As I knew just how bothered my group had been by all of this.
And now, I had to assume that they had not made it here. And that they were lost some where, as they had no clue where to go. As it was that I did in fact just seem to kind of feel a little bit bad for them.
Though I knew that I should not feel that way, even if Kips had said it was the kings rules. I knew that they still should have not given up on us. As it was that I then did in fact just seem to shake my head.
I waited for the voice to speak to me, to reassure me once again. But as per usual, the voice seemed to stay silent, at that. As the only voice that I did in fact seem to hear, was the voice of Limbsy, at that.
"Strange... I thought you humans said you weren't religious folk..." I did in fact just seem to hear him say. As it was that I did in fact open my eyes. Just as soon as it was that he had said as to just what he had said.
At first, I thought that he had been talking to me. As to the fact that I had in fact had my eyes closed. As it could have looked like I had in fact been praying, at that.
How ever, just as soon as it was that I had been that sort of way. That was when it was that I then began to start to notice that it was Kips. Who the dwarf did in fact seem to be talking about, all of the sudden.
As it was that I saw that my friend was on his knees on the muddy shore. As he had his eyes on Limbsy just as he had in fact said that. As it was that I did in fact begin to hear him go and speak back to the dwarf, at that.
"I am not one to pray much... But some thing does not feel right... And I feel like I need to pray..." He did in fact just seem to say, all at once. As it was that I did in fact kind of feel that there was a lot of hypocrisy.
On the fact that he had said as to just what he had said. As I knew that my friend had in fact mocked any sort of God. Time in and time out, as it was that it didn't make sense to me why he was changing his mind now.
As it was that I had seemed to have thought on all of that. That was when it was that I then did in fact shake my head at my friend. As it was that I then also began to go and speak to him just as soon as it was the case.
"Come on Kips... You will be just fine... We will help you through the water... What are you so afraid of?" I did in fact just seem to say. As it was that I did in fact tilt my head a bit, just as soon as I had said that.
Just as soon as it was that it had been that sort of way. That was when it was that I did in fact blink my eyes a few times. And I then did in fact just seem to simply go and see him shake his head at me.
I was still lost as to just why he had done as such a thing like that. As it was that he then eventually began to speak back to me. As I did in fact listen as to just what it was that he had to say back to me, at that.
"That's not it Michael... I don't know what it is... But I can feel some thing here... And I don't like it..." He did in fact just seem to say. As it was that he did in fact squint his eyes at me just as he had said that.
It was clear that he was in fact being serious with me. As I did in fact just seem to gulp, all at once. As I did in fact do my best to try to act as calm as I felt like I could.
Just as soon as it was that I had done as such a thing like that. That was when it was that I did in fact just seem to look away from him. As it was that I then did in fact just seem to hear the voice of Limbsy speak, at that.
"Well... We are in dwarven lands, and I don't feel any thing my self... So I think we just need to hurry up and get out of here, rather than waste more time... We are already down nearly every one in your group..." He did in fact just seem to say, at that.
Just as soon as it was that he had in fact said what he had said. That was when it was that it seemed to remind me of what he had said. As it was that I knew that we needed to get out of here as soon as we could.
They said that this place was in fact worse than the woods. And I did in fact feel like I had to believe what he had in fact said. As it was that I then did in fact look back at Kips.
Just as soon as it was that I had done as such a thing like that. That was when it was that I then also began to speak to my friend. As I made sure that he could in fact hear as to just what it was that I had to say.
"Come on Kips... Let's get out of here... Stop freaking your self out..." I did in fact just seem to say. As it was that I did in fact kind of want to tell him that it was freaking me out.
But I also wanted to prove a point that I was in fact strong. As it was that I did in fact simply squint my eyes back at my friend. As it was that I then did in fact begin to go and see him finally get up from the mud.
Just as soon as it was that my friend was in fact up. That was when it was that he nodded his head back to me. And he then did in fact also begin to go and speak back to me shortly after all of that, at that.
"Alright... I am coming... Relax..." He did in fact just seem to say. As it was that he did in fact shiver just as soon as it was that he had said that. As it was that it did in fact seem like he had in fact been talking to him self.
I simply ignored the fact that it was in fact the case. As it was that I then did in fact look back at Limbsy. And I then did in fact begin to simply go and speak to him, at that.
"Alright Limbsy... You ready to head out of here? I did in fact just seem to say to the dwarf, at that. As it was that I had my eyes wide just as soon as I had said what I had said.
Just as soon as it was that it had in fact just been the case. That was when it was that I did in fact blink my eyes a few times. And I then did in fact go and just look away from him, all at the exact same time too.
I then did in fact look in to the foggy water, all at once. As it was that I did in fact shiver, even though I felt like I was not afraid. As I then did in fact finally hear the dwarf speak, at that.
"Yep... I am just waiting for you 2 to get your selves situated..." He did in fact just seem to say. As it was that he had said as to just what it was that he had even said.
That was when it was that I did in fact simply blink my eyes a few times. And I then did in fact begin to go and look at Kips. To make sure that he was in fact ready to head off.
As soon as it was that I had in fact done as such a thing like that. That was when it was that I saw my friend go and nod back to me. As it was that I did in fact feel a whole lot better just as soon as it had been that way.
As it was that I did in fact begin to start to turn my head back to the lake. That was when it was that I then began to speak out loud. As I made sure the both of them could hear as to just what I had to say, at that.
"Alright... Let's get this party started then..." I did in fact just seem to say, all at the exact same time too. As it was that just as I had in fact said that. That was when it was that I did in fact begin to walk in to the water.
As it was that I had in fact done as such a thing like that. That was when it was that I did in fact begin to realize that the water was thick. And that it was in fact going to be hard to swim, all at the exact same time too.
I knew that I was a good swimmer, so it shouldn't bother me. But it did in fact seem to bother me about my friend. As it was that I looked back at the both of them, just as it was that I had done as such a thing.
Just as soon as it was that I had looked at them both. That was when it was that I did in fact hear the voice of Kips. As it was that I saw that he had his eyes wide as he began to speak.
"This water is a bit hard... I am... I am not sure about this..." He did in fact just seem to say. As it was that he did in fact contradict him self. As to the fact that he had said that it was not the water he was scared of.
I did in fact blink my eyes a few times just as it was the case. As it was that I did in fact look at Limbsy. As it was that I saw that the dwarf was already up to his neck.
How ever, it seemed like he was doing just fine in the water. As it was that I then did in fact begin to go and just speak to the dwarf. As I made sure that he could hear as to just what it was that I had to say.
"Okay... Limbsy... Can you help him? I am not sure how much help I can be... I am too small..." I did in fact just seem to say, all at the exact same time too, as it was that I blinked my eyes once again as I had said that.
Just as soon as it was that I had said as to just what I had said. That was when it was that I saw the dwarf then go and look at Kips. As it was that he too also did in fact blink his eyes a few times just as it was the case.
Just as soon as it was that it had in fact been that sort of way. That was when it was that I began to get a bit worried, at that. That he might be having second thoughts on whether or not this might be a good idea.
Just as soon as it was that I had in fact thought on that. That was when it was that Limbsy began to speak back to me. As I then did in fact listen as to just what he had to say, at that.
"Yeah... I have got him... It's no worries..." He did in fact just seem to say, all at once. As it was that he did in fact have a serious look on his face. Just as soon as it was that he had said as to just what he had said.
As soon as it was that it had in fact just been the case. That was when it was that I did in fact let out a little bit of a soft sigh my self. As it was that I did in fact feel quite a bit relieved by what he had said.
I watched as the dwarf did in fact go over to Kips to help him. As it was that I then did in fact begin to turn my head away from them both. As it was that I did in fact begin to simply speak to my self quietly, at that.
"Alright... We've got this..." I did in fact just seem to tell my self, at that. As it was that I did in fact feel much more calm, at that. Just as soon as it was that I had said as to just what it was that I had even said.
I then did in fact continue to head further in to the water. As it was that I no longer could feel my feet in the dirt, at that. As it was that I then did in fact begin to start to swim.
As thick as the water did in fact seem to be for me, at that. I did in fact know that I was in fact a great swimmer. As it was in fact no problem to me what so ever, as to just what it was that we were doing.
I did in fact look back at Kips and Limbsy, at that. As it was that I did in fact hear the voice of Limbsy go and speak, at that. As it was that I did in fact listen as to just what it was that the dwarf had to say, at that.
"The more you resist my help, the harder this is for us both Kips..." He did in fact just seem to say. As it was clear that Kips was making it hard on him, all at once. As it was that it seemed like this might not have been such a great idea, at that.
I did my best to try to act as calm as I felt like I could in the mean time. As I then did in fact simply just go and turn my head away. As I then did in fact go and breathe in quite a bit of a rough sigh to my self.
I knew that there was no going back at this point how ever. As I could in fact see the other side, at that. As it was that I then did in fact continue to head through the water.
As it was that I continued to do as such a thing like that. I did in fact hear the voice of Kips, at that. As it was that he did in fact begin to speak back to Limbsy, all at once.
"Sorry..." He did in fact just seem to go and mutter. As it was that it was clear that he realized what he was doing. As it was that I did in fact feel a bit better as it was the case.
It seemed like I was about half way through the lake. When it was that I did in fact begin to hear some noise. As it was that it did in fact confuse me just as it seemed to be.
I did in fact seem to stop my self in the middle of the water. As it was that the hissing did in fact seem to continue. As I then did in fact begin to start to speak out loud, at that.
"What is that noise?" I did in fact just seem to say, all at once. As I seemed to look up at the sky. As if that was going to some how give me answers. As it was in fact quite a bit clear to me that it wouldn't be the case.
I did in fact seem to stand there and stare for some more time. As it was that I then did in fact turn my head away, at that. And I then did in fact just seem to hear the voice of Limbsy speak, in a grim voice, at that.
"That... Well that is a serpent..."