Chapter 21: Cross The River

I walked away from the pond, as I felt like I was lost in my thoughts. As it was that I was not too sure as to just what the witch had meant. And before I had got the chance to ask what it was that she had meant.
She did in fact seem to quickly go away, at that. As it was that I was in fact quite a bit disappointed. As to the fact that it was that it had in fact been the case, none the less.
I did my best to try to keep my self as calm as I felt like I could. As it was that I then did in fact seem to walk back to every one else. As it was that I did in fact hear the voice of Kips seem to speak just as I drew close.
"Are you okay there Michael? You don't look so hot..." He did in fact just seem to say to me, all at once. As it was that I did in fact seem to be seemed to be serious as to just what he had in fact said to me.
As it was that I did in fact realize that it was in fact the case. That was when it was that I saw every one else look at me, at that. As it was in fact clear to me that they were all worried.
I did my best to try to stay as calm as I felt like I could do. Just as soon as it was that I had realized it was the case. As it was that I just then did in fact go and nod back to him, and I then did in fact speak back to him, at that.
"I don't know... I feel like we are going the right way... But I am still worried that it might be too late..." I did in fact just seem to say, all at once. As it was that I did in fact shiver just as soon as it was the case.
Just as soon as it was that it had in fact just been the case. That was when it was that I did in fact seem to let out a bit of a rough sigh. As it was that I then did in fact simply just seem to know it was partially the truth.
It wasn't what it was that I had just been thinking about. But I still knew that it was some thing that was always in the back of my head.
I did my best to try to act as calm as I felt like I possible could, at that. As I did in fact try to pretend like every thing else was okay. Just as soon was that I did in fact seem to hear the voice of Mitch go and speak to me, all of the sudden.
"I am sure that the king will be just fine, and we will get back with his son on time Michael... He looked to be just fine to me... I didn't even know any thing was wrong with him..." He did in fact just seem to say to me.
Just as soon as it was that it had in fact just been the case. That was when it was that I wished that what it was that he had said was true. But I did in fact know that it was simply not the case what so ever.
I did in fact know this was some thing he had been battling for years. As just as of recently it had seemed to have been getting worse. As the doctors had told me the bad news that he had a year at best not too much longer ago, all at once.
I did in fact just seem to shiver as it was that I was remembered that it was in fact the case. As it was that I just then did in fact wake my self up. And I then did in fact simply go and speak, all at once.
"Yeah... He was wearing a lot of make up, and was made to look good... I don't think he has much longer, he has had this for years... He hoped that he could make it long enough for me to be the king, but..." I did in fact just seem to say, all at once.
As just as soon as it was that I had said as to just what I had said. That was when it was that I did in fact dip my head low to the ground. And I then did in fact just seem to shiver, all at the exact same time too.
I knew as to the fact that I didn't want to be the king what so ever. As it was that I did in fact just seem to stumble on my words. As I did in fact just seem to stop talking altogether.
As it was that I had seemed to have been that way. That was when it was that I then heard the voice of Steve, at that. As it was that I did in fact go and listen as to just what it was that he had to say, at that.
"But that is why we are here now... And it is some thing that we all realize, and we all know what must be done... We can't let that general take over us king... We'd lose every thing..." He did in fact just seem to say.
Just as soon as it was that he had said what he had said. That was when it was that I did in fact seem to shiver, all at once. As I looked for the voice to reassure me about things.
But the voice just seemed to be silent in the mean time. As it was that I then did in fact let out a rough sigh. Just as soon as it was that it had seemed to have been the case.
As it was that I just seemed to stand there and stare. That was when it was that I heard the voice of some one else, at that. As it was that I turned my head on over to hear that it was in fact Kips who was talking.
"Alright... The stew is ready... I am sure that every one is hungry..." He did in fact just seem to say. As he did in fact bring up the point, at that. That we had in fact not ate sense the early morning, at that.
As we did in fact now seem to be nearing the end of the day. As I did in fact have to assume that this was going to be dinner. As it was that my stomach did in fact just seem to grumble as it was the case.
I saw every one just seem to look around for some time. As it was clear that they had their eyes wide. As they did in fact seem to be waiting for some one to make the first move.
I felt like I didn't have time for any of this. As I knew that I was in fact hungry enough as it was. As I then did in fact just seem to speak to my self gently, all at once, at that.
"Screw this..." I did in fact just seem to say, all at the exact same time as well, at that. As it was that I did in fact walk past a few of the others. Just as soon as it was that I had said as to just what I had said.
As it was that every one did in fact seem to see me lead the charge. That was when it was that they all did in fact begin to follow. Though no one seemed to say a word just as soon as it was the case.
Just as soon as it was that I had gotten to the stew pot. That was when it was that I grabbed a large spoon. And I then did in fact begin to pour a fair bit in to my bowl.
It was a bit more than I usually seemed to get, at that. As I saw that Kips did in fact just seem to stare at me with his eyes wide. As it was that he then did in fact simply go and speak back to me, at that.
"Careful there... You don't want to eat too much..." He did in fact just seem to say to me. As he did in fact still seem to be a bit surprised. As I knew that I was not a heavy set guy what so ever, none the less.
As it was that I seemed to stand there and stare for some more time. I then did in fact simply shake my head back at my friend. As I tried to not be annoyed, just as soon as it was that I spoke back to him.
"Thanks... But I will be fine... I am starving..." I did in fact just seem to say, all at the exact same time as well. As it was that I then did in fact begin to turn my head away from him.
He just seemed to have been staring at me with a blank look on his face. As I was in fact not all too sure as to just why he was judging me. As it was that I did in fact just seem to simply walk past him.
I then did in fact begin to start to head over to my chair, all at once. As it was that as I sat down, I was that Owen was quickly behind me. As it was that I did in fact just seem to simply stare at him with my eyes wide.
As it was that he had seen me do as such a thing like that. He then did in fact go and tilt his head right back on over to me. And he then also began to speak to me, as well.
"You good there Michael?" He did in fact just seem to say. As it was clear to me that he was in fact quite a bit lost as to just what I was doing. As I felt like I could not blame him at all for that being the case.
I just seemed to stare at him for just a little bit longer. Before it was that I then did in fact blink my eyes right back on over to him. And I then did in fact go and speak to him, just as soon as I had done as such.
"Yeah... It's just that Kips is acting a little  bit weird, asking me weird questions, and seeming to be upset that I got a lot of food..." I did in fact just seem to say, all at the exact same time as well, all at once.
As it was that I did in fact point out my bowl as I had said that. As it was that I knew that the food that I seemed to have got. Was still not even close to the amount that Bradley did in fact normally get.
Owen seemed to stare at me with his eyes wide for some time. Until it was that he then did in fact go and blink his eyes. As it was that he also then did in fact begin to go and speak right back on over to me.
"Well... We are running a little bit low on food, and he could just be concerned... Don't think too deep on it Michael, it's not a big deal..." He did in fact just seem to say to me, all at the exact same time too.
He had a serious look on his face just as he had said that. As it was that I did in fact wish that I could think the way that he was thinking. But it was simply just not the case what so ever.
As it was that I did in fact just seem to dip my head low to the ground. As I did in fact let my self stay silent for quite a bit of some time. Until it was that I did in fact hear loud foot steps come over to me and Owen.
Just as soon as it was that I did in fact seem to hear those loud foot steps. It then came to no surprise to me at all, that it was Bradley. As it was that I did in fact look up at him just as he seemed to speak to us.
"Well... What's good? You guys been okay today? Haven't had any thing bother you too bad yet, right?" He did in fact just seem to say, all at the exact same time too.
As it was that he did in fact seem to look at us with his eyes wide. As it was that he just seemed to be speaking some small talk. Just to let some thing out in to the air, at that.
I did in fact just seem to stare for a bit of some time. Until it was that I then did in fact begin to start to hear the voice of Owen. As it was that he then did in fact  begin to simply go and speak back to him, at that.
"No... Haven't heard any thing sense this morning to be honest... It has been kind of nice..." He did in fact just seem to say, all at once. As it was that he did in fact have his eyes wide just as soon as he had said that.
Just as soon as it was that he had said as to just what he had said. That was when  it was that I saw the both of them go and look at me. As it was that I then did in fact simply go and hear Bradley speak, at that.
"What about you Michael? You been okay? Seems like you have done just fine leading the charge..." He did in fact just seem to say. As he had his eyes wide just as soon as it was that he had in fact said that.
Just as soon as it was that he had said as to just what he had said. That was when it was that I did in fact just seem to shiver a little bit. Even though I knew that what he had in fact just said had in fact been true.
As it was that I did in fact just seem to stare at him for a bit longer. I then did in fact go and nod back to him, all at once. As it was that I then did in fact also begin to go and speak back to him as well.
"Yep... Every thing has been just fine over here... Nothing to complain about... Haven't really heard any voices my self..." I did in fact just seem to say to him, all at the exact same time as well, at that.
As it was that I did in fact gulp just as soon as it was that I had said what I had said at the end. As it was that I did in fact know that it wasn't true. As it was that I did in fact simply just seem to be covering my self up.
Luckily neither of them did in fact seem to think twice on that. As it was that all of our attention seemed to go off of each other. Just as soon as it was that I did in fact seem to hear the voices of the dwarves, as they seemed to speak to us as they caught up to us.
"Yeah... This isn't normal, though I know that I don't know the stories of what it's like in here... They could be in side of our heads, or they could be waiting til we go to sleep..." I did in fact seem to hear Limbsy say.
He had his eyes wide just as soon as it was that he had said that. As it was that I did in fact do my best to try to keep my self calm. As it was that I did in fact know that he did in fact have a very fair point, at that.
As it was that I seemed to stand there and stare for some time. That was when it was that I heard the voice of the younger dwarf. As it was that he did in fact just seem to speak to his father, at that.
"Well... Let's not assume any thing just yet... No need to scare them when we are going to sleep soon..." He did in fact just seem to say. As it was that he did in fact have his eyes wide just as soon as he had said that.
It was clear that he had really meant what he had said at the end. As I could in fact clearly tell that the dwarf as in fact worn out. As I did in fact seem to stand there and stare for quite a bit more time.
As it was that it had in fact just seemed to have been the case. That was when it was that I did in fact hear the voice of his father. As he spoke back to his son with his eyes squinted, all at the exact same time too.
"Not trying to scare them Frolop... There is some thing wrong with this place... And we need to be ready for what ever it is..." He did in fact just seem to say, all at the exact same time as well.
Just as soon as it was that it had seemed to have been that sort of way. That was when it was that I did in fact wake my self up. And I then did in fact begin to simply let out quite a bit of a rough sigh, at that.
I seemed to notice as to just how worn out the dwarves were. As it was that I felt like I wanted to get out of this place as soon as I could still. As I then did in fact just seem to simply go and speak back to them both.
"Well, as tired as you both might be right now... We still need to keep going to get out of here as fast as we can..." I did in fact just seem to say. As it was that I did in fact have my eyes wide just as it was the case.
As it was that it had seemed to have been that sort of way. That was when it was that I did in fact wake my self up a fair bit. And I then did in fact begin to go and see the both of the dwarves look at me.
I saw that Limbsy did in fact just seem to nod back to me. As it was clear to me that he seemed to agree with what I had just said. As it was that I then did in fact also eventually hear him speak back to me as well.
"Yes... But I don't know how much further we can make it... Not just because we are tired, but the fog is going to be worse when it gets dark..." He did in fact just seem to say, all at the exact same time too.
Just as soon as it was that he had said as to just what he had said. That was when it was that I noticed that just about the entire group was now here. As it was that they were all now coming in to the conversation.
As it was that it just seemed to have been the case. That was when it was that I did in fact hear the voice of Steve speak, at that. As it was that I then did in fact begin to listen as to just what it was that he had to say, at that.
"Yep... But we still need to keep going as long as we can... If this place truly is as bad as you say it is... Which I would assume so based off of the name, and the stories so far..." He did in fact just seem to say.
He had his eyes squinted at the dwarves just as he had said that. As it was that I did in fact just seem to see them look back at him. As it was that their eyes were wide as they did as such a thing.
It just seemed to stay silent for just a little bit of some time. As it was that in the end, I then began to start to hear the voice of Mitch. As it was that he did in fact begin to speak up, all at the exact same time too.
"Well... That just means we need to stay closer together... And if any one loses sight, they can just yell for help..." He did in fact just seem to say, all at the exact same time too.
As what it was that he had seemed to have said had been a good idea. As I did in fact ignore the fact that he was scared as he had said that. As it was that I felt like there was nothing wrong with that.
As it was that I just seemed to stand there and stare for some time. That was when it was that I then did in fact start to hear the voice of some one else. As it was that it seemed to be Prince Pokes, as he seemed to speak.
"Yeah... Until some one grabs some one like they did to me earlier..." He did in fact just seem to say. As it was that he did in fact have his eyes squinted just as he had said that.
I knew that he had a fair point on what it was that he had said. So long as it was that he was in fact not lying with what had happened earlier. Which based off of how scared he had seemed to have been.
I felt like it was simply not the case what so ever. As it was that I did in fact just seem to stand there and stare for some time. As it was that I then did in fact start to hear the voice of Tom go and speak, at that.
"Oh... I am sure that we will be just fine Pokes... Don't worry about that... We can still stick to our partners like before..." He did in fact just seem to say, all at the exact same time too.
As it was that he looked right at Aaron as he had said that. As it was that I saw him go and nod to him. In which Aaron nodded back to him in return, all at the exact same time too.
As it was that it all had seemed to have been the case. That was when it was that I did in fact let out a bit of a soft sigh to my self. And I then did in fact just seem to simply go and speak back to them both, at that.
"Well... Hopefully nothing bad happens to any one... All we can do is think positive... If any thing happens we can just yell... We should be able to hear it..." I did in fact just seem to say, all at the exact same time too.
As it was that I did in fact look at the dwarves as I had said that. As if it was that they would know any thing about that. As it was that I saw that they both had their eyes wide, all at the exact same time too.
As it was that it had seemed to have been the case. That was when it was that I did in fact hear the voice of Frolop. As the younger dwarf then did in fact begin to go and speak right back on over to me.
"Yeah... We are in a valley with not many trees it seems like... So it should be easy to hear..." He did in fact just seem to say. As it was that he did in fact go and look around just as it was that he had said that.
As it was that he had said as to just what it was that he had said. That was when it was that I did the same thing that he had done. As I did in fact seem to not see a single tree through the fog, at that.
As it was that I had seemed to have been that case, all at once. That was when it was that I then began to hear the voice of Connor. As it was that he then did in fact simply go and speak, at that.
"Well... We all need to stay strong... That is all I know, and we need to make sure we keep it that way... So eat up..." He did in fact just seem to say. As he did in fact bring up the fact that no one had seemed to have been eating.
As it was that we had been discussing what it was that we had been saying. As it was that I then did in fact go and look at my bowl. As it was that I did in fact begin to remember as to just how hungry I was.
As it was that it had seemed to have been the case. That was when it was that I took my spoon, at that. And I then began to gobble up the soup as fast as I felt like I could do.
I didn't really like doing as such a thing like that at all. But I felt like I would rather finish it quick due to it not tasting good to me. As it was that I then did in fact simply begin to go and speak to my self quietly, at that.
"Well... That's over with now..." I did in fact just seem to say. As it was that I did in fact look over to the pot. As it was that I did in fact seem to see if there was any more.
How ever, that just didn't seem to be the case what so ever. As it was that I did in fact just seem to see Kips walking over to us. As it was that he had what was left in side the pot in his bowl, at that.
It was clear that his bowl had the least out of all of us. As I now kind of felt a bit bad for getting so much. As it was that I did in fact dip my head low to the ground as it was the case.
Just as soon as it was that it had in fact been that sort of way. That was when it was that I also then began to start to hear the voice of Kips. As it was that I listened as to just what ever it was that he had to say.
"Well... I will need some help cleaning up the pot, but other wise we should be good to move now..." He did in fact just seem to say, all at the exact same time as well, at that.
Just as soon as it was that he had said as to just what he had said. I did in fact see him look at all of us with his eyes wide, at that. As it was that I then did in fact blink my eyes a few times.
As it was that I had done as such a thing like that, all at once. That was when it was that I then did in fact begin to go and step in and speak. So that every one could hear as to just what it was that I had to say.
"I'll go do it... I want to get out of here as soon as possible..." I did in fact just seem to say, all at the exact same time as well. As it was that I then did in fact look at the pot, all at the exact same time too.
Just as soon as it was that I had in fact done as such a thing like that. That was when it was that I heard Steve go and speak up. As it was that I looked up him and I listened as to just what it was that he had to say.
"No... That isn't your job Michael... You can clean up your bowl, but Dick and Connor need to do their jobs..." He did in fact just seem to say, all at the exact same time too.
As it was that I saw him nod to the 2 men just as he had said that. As it was that I saw the both of them look back at Steve with their eyes wide. As it was that they did in fact just seem to stare at him for some time.
As it was that it has in fact just seemed to have been the case. That was when it was that I then did in fact just seem to feel like. I should remind him that I was in fact the leader, all at the exact same time too.
But I felt like I didn't want to abuse my power, at that. As it was that I also knew that it was a bit toxic. As it was that I dipped my head low to the ground and I spoke up, at that.
"Yeah... Alright then... Just trying to be a help..." I did in fact just seem to say, all at the exact same time too. As I knew damn well it was not at all why Steve had said that.
I felt like it didn't seem to matter to me at all at this point. As it was that I did in fact just seem to stand there and stare for a bit longer. Until I heard the voice of Dick go and speak, at that.
"Oh... You can clean it for us if you really want to Michael..." He did in fact just seem to say. As it was that he had a smirk on his face just as soon as it was that he had said that.
I just seemed to stare at him with my eyes wide for some time. Until it was that I heard Connor go and speak up, at that. As I looked at his friend and I then listened as to what he had to say, all at once.
"Alright... Enough Dick... Let's just get this cleaned and get in the move..." He did in fact just seem to say, all at the exact same time too. Letting him know that he wasn't amused by any of this at all.
Just as soon as Dick had in fact realized that it was the case. That was when it was that I saw him go and nod back to him. As it was that the both of them went over to the pot and began to clear it out, at that.
Just as soon as it was that it had in fact been the case. And I just seemed to stand there and stare for a bit. That was when it was that I heard the voice of Kips seem to speak to me quietly from close by.
"No one's upset at you Michael... You are cool for offering that... But we've always been strict with our jobs in the group... You don't need to do any more of any less than you are asked..." He did in fact just seem to say.
As it was that he had a very serious look on his face as he had said what he had said. As it was that I did in fact just seem to simply stare back at him like that as well.
It seemed to be that sort of way for quite a bit of some time. Until it was that I then did in fact begin to start to hear the voice of Steve. As it was that he did in fact seem to speak up to every one, at that.
"Alright... Let's keep going for as long as we can... Michael... You still know the way right?" He did in fact just seem to say to me. As he had his eyes squinted at me just as soon as it was that he had said what he had said.
I kind of shivered just as soon as it was that it had been the case. As I did in fact do my best to get to stay as calm as I felt like I could. Just as soon as it was that I did in fact simply go and speak back to him, at that.
"Yep... No need to worry here..." I did in fact just seem to say. As it was that I had a smile just as soon as it was that I had said that. As it was that I made sure that I acted strong, all at the exact same time too.
Just as soon as it was that it had in fact just seemed to have been the case. That was when it was that I then did in fact nod back to him. And I also then did in fact begin to hear him speak back to me, at that.
"Alright then... Feel free to lead the way for us then..." He did in fact just seem to say, all at once. As it was that I saw every one look at me. Just as soon as it was that he had said as to just what he had said.
That being the case, I normally would feel a bit worried. And I felt like I would in fact be a bit nervous to do as such a thing like that. But I felt like I knew this group for long enough, all at the exact same time too.
I then did in fact look back at Steve for just a little bit of some time. As it was that I then did in fact go and speak back to him. After all of that had in fact been said and done.
"Alright, every one stay close..." I did in fact just seem to say. As I did in fact go and bring up the same stuff we had been on about earlier. Just as soon as it was that I had in fact said that of course.
Just as soon as it was that it had seemed to have been the case. I saw every one go and nod back to me, at that. As it was that I then did as it was that I had said I was going to do.
I walked a bit in to the fog, all at the exact same time too. As it only took me but maybe 50 steps to notice that there was the sound of water flowing. As it was that quiet a heavy flow, as I then did in fact stop my self.
Just as soon as it was that I had done as such a thing like that. The rest of the group caught up to me, and saw what I saw. As it was that I heard the voice of Aaron go and speak this time, all at the exact same time as well.
"Well... It looks like we will have to cross the river..."