Part 199 I Want a Candy Bar!

AnnaIsali if I had half the imagination you have in just your pinkie finger, I would call my mind a success. She has so many amazing stories I can't name them all. But I want a Heath Bar every time I read "There's Something About Him". I love Juz in "North Star". Do you like Vampires, and the Academy boys? "Ancient Darkness" is for you. Thanks for putting up with me AnnaIsali. :)

Part 199 - Thursday December 19th

Kota's POV

I was anxious to see my Ten. My mom had to work the night shift tonight, so I was stuck here with Jessica. Not that I minded, she really is a sweet sister and doesn't cause any problems. I wonder what my Mom will do in a year, when I am 18 and can move out? She'll probably bring Jessica over to my place, I mean our place. No way am I living by myself when I could have Ten live with me.

I was upstairs cleaning my room when I heard Silas' car pull into my driveway. I sat on the window seat to see Silas helping Ten out of his car. With the biggest smile he scooped her up into a hug. Just looking at her face, I know she loves him and my heart fills with joy, watching them together.

I turned and made my way down the stairs to open the door for them. Jessica is already asleep and doesn't need to be disturbed. When I opened the door, I burst with laughter. Ten was slung over Silas' shoulder like a sack of potatoes and he had both their bags in his other hand. I reached out for their bags and he swat her butt. "Stop wiggling Aggele. You are going to make me drop you."

"Well then put me down. I can walk, you know." She pouted. I dropped their bags by the door and silently communicated with Silas.

"Okay Aggele, you win. I'll put you down." He flipped her off his shoulder, plopping her in my waiting arms, bridal style.

"Hello Ten." I smiled at her as I continued to carry her into the house.

"What is this? Some kind of conspiracy? How long can we go without Sang's feet touching the ground?" She teased.

"Hmmm, is that a challenge? I'll have to run it by the rest of the family, but I can almost certainly assure you, everyone will say, 'challenge accepted'."

"No that wasn't a challenge. Besides, it would look silly for one of you to carry me to my classes tomorrow. And I am NOT getting detention for it on my last day of school before our break." She defended her position.

"Aww, are you taking away all our fun, Aggele?" Silas gave her his best puppy dog eyes with a full on pouty lip.

I was carrying Ten up the stairs when she spoke to Silas over my shoulder, "Silas, you big lug! That pouty lip doesn't work on your Greek God face." He rumbled with laughter.

I crossed the room to my bed and gently laid her on the bed before I sat down next to her on my bed. I put my arm around her shoulder. She reached up, lacing our fingers together. Silas sat at the foot of the bed and pulled her legs onto his lap. "Are you two ready for your tests tomorrow?" I asked them.

"Yeah, Mr. Smarty pants here only missed two questions during our review." Ten pointed at a smug looking Silas.

"And your History exam?" I asked her.

"Ready as I'll ever be!"

"Then we should get to sleep. It's after 10pm. Why don't you get ready first, Sang." I suggested. Silas stood up and scooped her up carrying Ten into the bathroom.

"Superman! I don't need to be carried!" She smacked his arm with her hand. He just laughed as he shut the door after leaving her in the bathroom alone.

"She is going to get annoyed with us if we keep that up." I spoke quietly to Silas.

"I know. But it is so much fun to tease her. That smack on my arm was like being hit with a pillow." I chuckled at his description.