Part 115

Part 115

Nathan's POV

Today was a fairly lazy day at Victor's house. Mr. B had Silas and North going to some impound lot to look over a car for him. Victor was glued to his computer. Doc slept for a good portion of the day. Sang, Kota, Gabriel, Luke and I played Xbox and made lunch and dinner.

After dinner I told Kota we should go home. We both had things to take care of at our houses. Sang got up to join us. Luke and North needed to get back to work at the diner in the morning and the others all felt the need to go home too.

Once we got to my house, Peanut sorted through all her clothes and had a mountain of laundry. "Do you want to sort your laundry and we will wash our clothes together?" She asked me.

"Sure. We can watch a movie while we fold."

"Living on the wild side? Laundry and a movie!" She teased.

"To show you just how wild I am, I will even let you pick the movie."

"I was going to ask that we watch a girly movie for mynreward. How about we do that now? You can make popcorn and I know Luke has a bag of candy stashed here somewhere we can raid."

"You want to watch a chick flick with me? For your reward? Is that really a reward?"

"Yes it's a reward. Well, as long as you keep the comments to a minimum about how bored you are."

"Which movie?"

"Let me look at Netflix." She pulled up the list of instant streaming romance movies. "How about 'Kate and Leopold'? It has Wolverine in it!"

"That's not Wolverine, that's Huge Jackman being an old English dude."

"Please? You agreed that I got a reward of MY choice. This is what I choose." She folded her arms over her chest.

I plopped down on the couch, "you're right. If this is the reward you want, your reward you shall get." I got up and grabbed the load of white laundry and took it to the laundry room. Peanut went to find Luke's stash of candy. Once the laundry was started I made popcorn.

Peanut started the movie and sat with a bag of gummy bears in her lap. I brought in the bowl of popcorn and sat with my arm behind her shoulders. She snuggled into my shoulder. Then I got a text.

Kota: I'm bored. What are you two doing?

Me: watching a chick flick and doing laundry

Kota: you agreed to a chick flick?

Me: it is her reward apparently

Kota: oh, have fun then. See you tomorrow.

Me: if you're bored you can come watch with us and do laundry too.

Kota: I don't want to interrupt Ten's reward. I think this is really for just the two of you.

"Who are you texting?" Peanut asked me.

"Kota was bored and asked what we were doing." I responded.

"Aww, he's so cute." I don't know how to respond to that.

"I told him he can come watch the movie with us and do laundry."

"If he wants to." She shrugged her shoulders.

Me: Peanut says to come over if you want to.

Less than a minute later, the front door opened and a bag of laundry entered the room followed by Kota. Ha ha, It looks like we all have a mountain of laundry. Sang paused the beginning of the movie to wait until Kota joined us. He sorted his clothes into the different piles we had laying on the floor.