Part 77

Part 77

Sang's POV

I smelled chocolate chip pancakes and bacon. Without opening my eyes I sniffed at the air. Mmmmm! A smile crept over my face.

I heard laughing and opened my eyes to see Kota holding a plate full of breakfast and Nathan holding a bouquet of flowers in a clear cylindrical vase. There were yellow roses, purple orchids and hot pink carnations. It was beautiful and they were both smiling the most swoon worthy smiles. I think I melted right there on the bed.

"What is this?" I asked breathless.

"We just wanted to tell you how wonderful and beautiful you are. How about breakfast?" Kota asked holding up the plate of pancakes.

"Mmmm, it smells wonderful. Let me go to the bathroom and I'll be right there in the kitchen to eat with both of you."

Nathan handed me the flowers. "You can put them on the nightstand or wherever you want them."

"Thank you Nathan. They are lovely."

I set the flowers on the nightstand and inhaled their scent slowly to enjoy the aroma of the flowers. These are happy flowers. Such bright colors. The boys went to the kitchen and I went to the closet to pick out clothes for the day.

I pulled out a pair of black jeans, a long sleeved black and white horizontal striped shirt, and a black motocross leather jacket. I decided on a pair of ankle boots to complete the outfit.

I also made sure that my bag had plenty of feminine supplies for the day. After school I had another shift at Bob's Diner. I was sure to be just as tired tonight as I was last night.

When I got to the kitchen, Nathan and Kota were sitting at the table waiting for me. "Come on Peanut, before the pancakes get cold."

"You look nice today 10." Kota said with a tinge of pink to his cheeks.

"Thank you."

-------------------

School was boring except for the time I got to spend with all my guys. Silas took me to the diner after school today. He has a shift bussing tables and washing dishes.

"Little Bird! Come! I have another surprise for you." Uncle said excitedly as he motioned for me to follow him into the kitchen. Silas walked quietly behind me. Uncle held his hand out to a plate with some kind of chocolate cake on it.

"What is that? It looks marvelous."

"Triple Chocolate Strata. Try it!"

"Whoa Uncle...that's a lot of chocolate." Silas chuckled.

I took the fork and put a huge bite in my mouth. Mmmmmmm! My eyes closed as I savored the flavor. "This is......mmmmm....there aren't words......mmmmmm."

"Ha ha ha. I think she likes it Uncle."

"What is it exactly?" I asked him.

"A layer cake going chocolate cake, chocolate mousse, chocolate cake, chocolate mousse, chocolate cake, chocolate mouse, chocolate cake, chocolate ganache and topped with mini chocolate chips."

I dove in, eating the cake without wanting to waste a morsel. Silas' hand reached around with a fork as if he was going to take a bite. I picked up the plate and moved it out of his reach and narrowed my eyes at him.

"Aggele, you won't even let me have a bite?"

"Gawt ur owm!" I said with a mouthful of cake.

"What was that? I don't speak chocolate cake." Silas laughed.

I swallowed and spoke again, "I said, get your own!"

"I believe the lady has spoken, Silas. Never come between a bird and her chocolate." Uncle smiled and winked at me. "Now, let's get the day started shall we?"

I nodded and licked the fork clean. Silas took the plate and fork to go wash them and I wiped my mouth on a napkin before going out to work. "Thank you Uncle. Your customers will be in Heaven eating today's dessert."

As I walked out to the front I could hear Uncle laughing. At least he is in a good mood today.

Everything was going as any other normal day until a group of three guys came in. They were all tall and good looking. Although, they didn't hold a candle to my boys, they would definitely turn some heads. They were talking and laughing as they made their way to a table.

That's when I recognized the one with soft brown hair and one green and one blue eye. That was Marc from the Academy hospital. The one where I pulled the nail out of his leg. I don't know if he is supposed to see me here. And with him was another guy I recognized, but he seemed different somehow. It was the guy who was nice to me when I was escaping Nathan's dad. He has sun-kissed blond hair and blue eyes, but that's where he is different. What happened to him? Why do his eyes look so sad this time? His eyes were so happy last time I saw him. I think he said his name was Cody or Corey or something like that. I turned before they could see me and went into the kitchen, my finger worrying my lip.

Silas saw me first, "Aggele, what is it?" He asked without humor.

"Um, can I ask you a question in private?" I don't want to bring this up with Uncle and others in the kitchen.

Uncle was looking at me, "use my office, but make it quick."

We went into his small office, just big enough for the small desk and chair. "Silas, I don't know if those guys out there are supposed to know I work here?"

"What guys? Are they bothering you?"

"No, umm, well, the one guy is the one I pulled the nail out of his leg when I was at the hospital with Dr. Green. I think his name is Marc. And he was under the impression I was a doctor in training or a nurse or something. And the other guy I recognize was nice to me the night that Nathan's dad came back. I ran into him here at the front. Will they get upset if he sees me working the cash register here?" I was feeling very nervous.

"It's ok Aggele. Why don't you stay back here until they are done. I will go out and run the register for you."

"So should I wash dishes for you?"

"Are you kidding me?! No! Gabe would throw a fit if your hands got all chapped and dry from washing dishes. I'll finish them up after they leave. Maybe you can help Uncle cook or prep or something."

As we left Uncle's office Silas was typing something in his phone. He left me in the back with Uncle and a few others.

"Um, do you need me to help with anything Uncle?"

"Why are you back here? Is there a guy out there bothering you again? Is that why Silas isn't back here?"

"No, no one was bothering me. I was just....umm....it's complicated." Then my phone went off with text messages.

I turned away from Uncle to remove my phone from my bra. I had texts from a couple of the guys.

Mr. B: please stay where you are Miss Sorenson.

Kota: I will be there in 3 minutes to get you.

Nathan: do you want dinner tonight?

Gabe: you better not be fucking up your hands washing Silas' dishes.

Me: I will cook when I get there Nathan and Gabe, Silas won't let me wash dishes.

Gabe: damn fucking straight he won't let you. That big ass Greek knows better than to let you ruin your gorgeous fingers.

Nathan: mmm, Peanut's fingers.

Kota: I'm here. Stay in the back.