Part 132

Part 132 - Wednesday Dec. 4th

Uncle's POV

"Oomph!" "Grrrrr." "Ack." What in the world?

"LUKE!!! RED LINE!!!" North bellowed. I flew out of bed, grabbing my gun as I ran down the stairs. I can hear North is fighting with someone and I will not let anything happen to him. At the bottom of the stairs I flip on the lights and a black figure dives out the window just as North's bat makes contact with the black figures femur. The sound was sickening.

I made it to the window and saw a limping retreating form. I took aim and shot. "Agh!" The black figure screamed as they clutched the already injured leg. They jumped in a black vehicle away from the lights, but it was the passenger side, then the car sped away.

I turned back to look at North. He was clutching his side and was down on his knees. "NORTH!" I called as I grabbed his hand to see what was wrong. Blood was flowing over his fingers and down his side. Luke bent down on his other side. Sang stood there in the hallway for a heartbeat, horror on her face. Then she ran to North.

"Noooo!" She screeched. Then seeing he was bleeding she yanked her shirt off and pressed it into his side. I wanted to tell her she was only in her bra, but now didn't seem like the time. Besides, she was the only one with a shirt on right now. Sang had a look of sheer determination on her face. I would say it was a look that you would have if it was someone you loved who was hurt. That can't be. It must be because it is Luke's brother that is hurt.

Car tires squealed out front and doors were being closed. They banged on the door as they tried to gain entrance and then keys unlocked the front door. Suddenly our house was flooded with their team. Sean made a bee-line for North. Immediately, I felt relief. He was being treated by a doctor.

"I need to get him to the hospital. NOW!" Sean yelled after taking a quick assessment. Kota, Nathan, Silas and Luke all picked North up and carried him to one of the cars.

Gabriel removed his shirt and put it on Sang. She was crying hysterically. He was trying to calm her down. He murmured nonsense words to her as he rubbed her back.

"Mr. Taylor, do you know how this happened?" Owen asked me.

"I heard noises of a fight, then North yelled 'Luke, Red line'. I shot out of bed, grabbed my gun and ran down the stairs. When I got to the bottom I turned on the light, North hit the guy with the bat in the femur and the guy jumped out the window. I only saw his back and he was in solid black. Like a one piece suit, no skin was showing."

Sang took in a sudden gasp of air then started shaking. "Volto" she whispered. Kota, Nathan and Luke came back in and gasped as Sang said 'Volto'.

Who or what is Volto? I continued telling Owen what he wanted to know so I could go to the hospital and be with North. "As soon as the guy was out the window, I crossed to it, saw him limping away, I took aim and shot him in his hurt leg. He jumped in a black car that was waiting away from any lights, but got in the passenger side, then the car drove away. When I turned around North was on his knees clenching his side."

"Mr. Blackbourne..." Sang's voice was barely above a whisper and it was shaky. We all looked at her and she was pointing her finger to across the room. Right in front of the corner fireplace was a white mask sitting on top of a piece of paper. Owen snatched up the paper and the mask then read it. He actually growled. Then folded up the paper and commanded, "we are ALL going to the hospital."

Owen, Luke, and Sang got in Owen's car. Nathan, Gabe, Victor and Kota got in Victor's car. I grabbed my keys and jumped in my car.

I want to know what the note said, and who this guy is. What did he want? Why was there a mask on the fireplace?

North!!! ..... No, no, no, no! Not North! He has been through enough in his life! Who would do this to him? And why?

North better be ok. What would I do if he was seriously injured? What was the last thing I said to him??? I can't even think. Good night maybe? When was the last time I told him I love him? Ugh! I am the worst guardian ever!

I need to see North and tell him how wonderful he is, how much he means to me. I am a failure! I cannot even keep my boys safe in my own home!!!!