Part 82

Part 82

Owen's POV

Finally! It's Friday. Now if this school day would just get over sooner rather than later I will be a happy man. Hendricks left the school at lunchtime claiming he had a "doctor's appointment". But I know better. Kota had found out that he and his wife are taking a trip to Arizona for the week to see his wife's mom. She lives in some gated community for old people that is on a golf course. He won't be of any concern for us this week, so it is the perfect opportunity for us to have some alone family time.

All the arrangements have come together perfectly. The house was available for rent, the transportation is set, the activity arrangements are panning out nicely too. As Sean would say, "Fate wants us to take this trip."

I am looking forward to the shopping trip today with Sang and Gabriel. I am taking them to the high end mall that is further away, to keep us from running into anyone we might know. All we really need is a dress for Sang for Victor's concert, but I think Gabriel wants to buy her a completely new wardrobe for this trip. I will have to keep him reigned in.

Sean was sitting in the office with me as we waited out the last class of the day. "It's not fair that you get to go shop and play with our girl and I have to go to work."

"It's the price you pay for having the white coat."

"I do like that white coat."

"Did you clear your schedule with the hospital Sunday through Friday?"

"Yes, but I only get to take one of the four holiday days off. Since I am taking Thanksgiving off, I have to work Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Years Day." He sighed.

"We won't do anything special on those days without you. Even if it means we don't celebrate Christmas Day until the day after. We can just pretend we are European and celebrate Boxing Day or we can do something on December 23rd."

"What exactly are you shopping for today?"

"Gabriel wants to get Sang a new dress for Victor's concert."

"Ooo, get a lavender one."

"If she was just your date or it was your concert, I would do that, but since this is Victor's concert, and she will be with all of us, I was thinking I will steer Gabriel toward white or pink dresses."

"She will look stunning in whatever Gabriel picks out. He has a knack for that."

"That he does." The final bell finally rang. It's about time.

"Have fun, and don't do anything I wouldn't!" HA! You have to love that advice from the friend that would do anything.

Sean waited for Sang and Gabriel to arrive, the he kissed her goodbye. "I'll see you tomorrow evening Pookie."

"Really? I thought you had to work?" She responded.

"I work today from 3pm to 11pm and then tomorrow the 7am to 7pm shift. You three have fun today."

"Bye Dr. Sean." She finger waved at him as he left. I could see the burning desire in his eyes to stay right here with her.

"Mr. Coleman, Miss Sorenson, are we ready to go?"

"Fuck yea!" Gabriel exclaimed. I rolled my eyes at his language. Sang just smiled at him.

"Shall we?" I motioned for us to leave the office. Then I locked up our office for the week away. It will be so nice to not have to come back here for ten days.

Gabriel had his arm around Sang's shoulders as we made our way out to my car. I was walking behind them. At school I still need to keep up appearances that I am just a teacher. I unlocked the car and Gabriel opened up the passenger door for Sang. She gracefully climbed in and I got in the drivers seat. Gabriel climbed into the back, but sat behind me so he could see Sang as we talked.

It was an hour in the car and Gabriel kept going on and on about all the clothes he wanted to get her and what type of dresses he was looking for. Sang sat there fairly quiet but smiling at him the whole time.

"Do you two want me to stop for something to eat before we shop?"

"Shit yes! I'm starving! But maybe we could stop somewhere like Starbucks. That way I can get my caffeine fix and something to eat." Gabriel practically shouted.

"I don't know that you need anymore energy." I was saying but saw the look on Sang's face go from excitement to sad. "Although, Starbucks coffee sounds perfect."

Sang got a Toffee Mocha Frappaccino blended coffee and a slice of pumpkin bread. Gabriel got iced lemon pound cake and a Caramel Brûlée Latte. I got an Espresso Macchiato and a cup of fruit. We ate and enjoyed our drinks in silence.

We got to the mall and made our way inside. I held out my elbow to Sang then direct both of them toward the formal dress shop I know is on the second floor.

"Oy Trouble! Look at this dress! It is fabulous!" It was a lovely dress but of course he was drawn to it. The dress was a neon Tangerine color.

"It is a nice dress Mr. Coleman, but like I already said to Dr. Green, we are finding a dress for Victor's concert. So maybe we should stick to pink or white as our color options."

"Right. I was just fucking excited to see a beautiful dress in an orange color."

We looked around and Gabriel pulled a few dresses off the rack. I saw one white and one pink that I was drawn to. They were the same dress, just different colors. "Mr. Coleman, what do you think about this one over here?"

"Damn! That white dress is perfect, but I don't know that I like that shade of pink. Trouble, what do you think of this dress?" He held up the white one. It was a strapless sweetheart neckline dress. The bodice was fitted and the material cris-crossed under her breasts like a wrap dress. The under part of the skirt was straight but the sides flowed out. She would look like a Goddess.

She smiled sweetly, "I like it. It's pretty."

"Come on then. We need to get your pretty ass in these dresses."

"Mr. Coleman, really?"

"What? Her ass is fucking pretty. Do you disagree?" Wait, what? I was simply referring to his language and here he was putting me on the spot for what I thought about the way Sang looked.

"Miss Sorenson is of course as lovely as ever. I was simply referring to your language. We are in an upscale place and do not need potty language here."

Sang started laughing, "potty language".

Gabriel went with Sang to hang up the dresses. He was also there to "zip her up". I waited like the dutiful boyfriend that stands around looking awkward in the dress shop. Sang came out in the different dresses modeling them for me with Gabriel fussing over the problems with the different dresses.

They had saved the dress I liked best for last. But when Sang came out in that dress I knew Victor would have a hard time concentrating on his concert. The breath was knocked out of me and I think my heart stopped beating. "That's the one!"

Gabriel assessed it and agreed. "Yep. This one fits you perfectly. What do you think Trouble?"

"I feel like a Princess in this dress."

Well that is perfect then, because Victor always calls her Princess. "Go change and I'll purchase the dress. Then we can find shoes and accessories."

Gabriel was handing the dress out of the dressing room in a matter of moments for me to purchase.

When Sang was done getting dressed, I had already purchased the dress. Now we need shoes. Gabriel found some shoes in the shoe store next door. They were a white stiletto heel with silver embellishments.

We wondered around looking at different stores for jewelry. In Nordstroms, I found a necklace that was silver and small round CZ's to add shine. At the front was a teardrop shaped CZ. It hit her just below the hollow of her neck. Gabriel decided it was the perfect accent to the dress.

"Now that we are done with the essentials, maybe we can pick you up some new clothes."

"I already have enough Meanie!" Sang protested.

"Mr. B, keep her entertained for a moment. There was a store I saw that had exactly what I need for Sunday night." Gabriel made an about face and hurried off. Sang looked at me in confusion.

"I told you our activities on this trip are a surprise for everyone. I think I know what he is picking up and it isn't just for you. So relax. Is there anything you need to get or would like to look for while we wait for Mr. Coleman to come back?"

"No. I honestly have more than I could ever wear."

"How about pajamas? Or swimsuits? Are you good there?"

"Yes. And it is almost winter. When would I ever need a swimsuit in winter?"

"Ah, the place we are staying next week has a hot tub, so you will need to bring your swimsuit on our trip." She lit up at this realization.

"What else does the place we are staying have?" She was trying to figure out everything she could about the place we were staying.

I pulled her closed to my side and beeped her nose with my finger. "I know what you are doing Little Miss, and it won't work. My lips are sealed." And I made a motion of locking my lips. She was giggling at me and looking so radiant. I leaned down and kissed her on the lips. It was a chaste kiss, but I couldn't help myself. She is just so lovely and Gabriel is otherwise engaged at the moment.

When Gabriel rejoined us, he was a man on a mission. "We need to go to your place Mr. B and pack you up, then I will go to Victor's. First thing in the morning, I will be at Nathan's to pack both of you up Trouble, then I'll go to Kota's and pack him up."

"When will you get to Silas', North and Luke's, Dr. Green's and then yourself?" Sang was asking Gabriel.

"That is why I have to start tonight. There are just too many Goddamn people to pack for, since everyone is in a different location. Life would be so much easier if we all just lived in the same house."

We all sighed just a bit as it was wishful thinking on all our parts at present. Life would be easier if we were all together. None of them can leave their houses until they are 18 years old. At most that is two more years. Just two years until we can be a family the way we all want to be.