Part 59

Part 59

Sang's POV

"Victor, Sang! Good to see you again!" Blaze said with a big smile on his face. North bristled a little at Blaze's friendliness to me. Nathan and Silas both took a slight step in front of me. I guess my track record hasn't been very good with young-ish guys just being nice.

"Guys, this is Blaze. He runs the go-karts here." I said as friendly as possible. Blaze held up his left hand as he waved at all the guys. A few of the guys let out a breath, like they had been holding it in. I guess they saw his wedding ring.

"Well, I knew we had a group of 10 so what I thought we could do is run 3 of you at a time. But, after watching Sang drive yesterday, I think it is safest if she is the only one on the track during her runs." There were head nods and smiles and a few chuckles going around.

"Wait! Are you saying I am bad at this Blaze?" I looked sternly at him.

"No, I just want a safe track. You know, in case you come to a complete stop again." Now there was definite laughter front the guys. "I see you all have your own helmets. That's good. Who are my first three racers?"

"It is always ladies first for us, Blaze." Owen said with authority.

"Well, unfortunately, I already have her car all set to her height. Then I got the other cars out to make sure they were running well, and now hers is in the back again. Sooooo, let's have three volunteers for first drivers."

"I'll show you all how it's done." North spoke up. "Whatever, North. I'll go too." Nathan said. "I'll go." Silas volunteered.

"Good! The three big guys." Blaze says happily. "As you can see, there is a light that will turn green when you are to go. You take off from the start one at a time and the light will turn green when the car in front of you is at a safe distance for you to start. It takes 20 laps gentleman, and Sang, to complete the course. As you are approaching the finish line, the big TV screen overhead will flash how many laps you have left. Be safe and have fun. If anyone should crash, please stay in your vehicle and one of these guys will come out to you."

"We are having a contest, best of three runs, do you have something we can keep track of everyone's times?" Victor asks.

"Sure, my computer program will let me do that. Oh, Victor, you have to get refit to a car again. To make this all go smoothly, why don't all you guys go with Mark, Rick and Steve and get fit in your cars. Then the three big boys can race while the rest of you join Sang in the viewing area. And Sang, you can come with me and give me the names of everyone to set up in the computer program."

"Sang, will you be ok by yourself while we get fitted into our cars?" Luke was asking me.

"Of course Luke! Blaze is a good guy. And it is just us here, right? What is there to worry about?"

"Famous last words, Trouble. Oy, Someone knock on some fucking wood and fast before she brings down the whole Goddamn complex!" Meanie exclaimed. I giggled.

The guys all followed Mark, Rick and Steve to get fit in their cars while I followed Blaze to the viewing area. "Sang, I thought we should take some quick pictures of you. I could flash the pictures and see if they distract the guys. My wife says that a pretty face will always distract a teenage boy." And he laughs.

Will that really work? Just a picture of me smiling? Really? He saw I was confused. "Come look. My wife had me take pics of her to test my idea out." There was one of her just smiling, one of her looking up from beneath her lashes and a shy smile, then there were 2 second videos on repeat where she was flipping her hair and another where she was blowing a kiss and the last one she was licking her lips. "Do you feel comfortable doing any of these?"