Part 94

Part 94

Sang's POV

I had noticed on our ride in the party bus that each of the guys were wearing well fit t-shirts in their favorite colors. Kota, Owen, North and Silas's shirts were camouflage. The other guys just had their favorite color on.

We arrived at the U.S. national Whitewater center and I was floored at how huge this place was. It was bigger than the Bank of America stadium we were at last night. We were greeted once Owen went to the information desk and spoke to them.

"Welcome to the whitewater center. My name is Stone a and this is Lance. We will be your guides for today." He was looking around at the guys and I was somewhat behind Silas, until Silas shifted to the left.

"Whoa! We have a rose among the thorns. You there, pretty one are my buddy for the day." Stone said to me.

"No thank you." I replied diplomatically.

"BUUURRRN! Well, you can't knock a guy for trying." Stone kept going. "Am I right, or am I right guys? With a looker like her around I don't know how you have a coherent thought."

"Dude! Quit talking! Have you lost too many brain cells?" Lance said to Stone as he hit him in the chest.

All of the guys had placed themselves between me and Stone. I could see fists clenching and unclenching.

Owen spoke with authority, "either you will conduct yourself appropriately today Stone, or I will unleash the wrath of myself and my nine brothers. Do you want to continue with our group, or do you wish for us to have a different guide?"

Stone looked at Lance with bewilderment. "Is he shitting me?"

"Dude! You better reign in that shit you usually dole out to pretty girls. I am not standing between you and these nine guys." Lance responded.

"Smart man Lance!" Silas smiled at Lance but his smile was still laced with intimidation.

"First activity we have lined up for you today is trail riding. I thought you might want to save whitewater rafting for last. Just in case someone ends up wet." Lance told us.

"Trail riding is sweet! Five miles of bumps, jumps and thrills. I can tell this group will be righteous! Let's get all of you in helmets and set with mountain bikes." Stone sounds like a stoner to me and I want to laugh at him but I know better.

We took off riding on the five mile trail in a single file line. I was smack in the middle. Stone led us, then North, Silas, Owen, Kota, then me. I guess they felt there was enough muscle between Stone and myself. Behind me was Luke, Sean, Gabe, Victor, Nathan then Lance pulled up the rear. Nathan and Sean had brought backpacks with snacks and waters for everyone in them. Our plan was to stop at the halfway point to get a snack and water. I am sure it was to give me a break.

They were nice enough to keep a pace I could do. When riding over all the bumps and tight turns it is better to be standing on your pedals, not sitting on your seat. That helps to keep you from getting bruises on your butt and it gives you a better center of gravity. I was laughing as I took air off of a 3 foot dirt jump.

"Cupcake! That was awesome!"

"Pookie, I love the way you look when you are flying through the air. Like an angel coming to take me to Heaven."

"Exactly my thought Doc." Luke replied.

"I knew this group was badass. We are going to have an epic time! Woo!" Stone was talking to no one in particular.

When we stopped my legs were starting to feel like jello. Sean saw I was walking kind of funny and told me to sit down with him. We sat with a tree at my back and out of eyesight of Lance and Stone. Sean was doing a massaging thing to my legs to "work the blood flow and muscles so you don't build up lactic acid in your legs". I didn't care the reason, what he was doing felt marvelous.