Part 141

Part 141 - Thursday Dec. 5th

Owen's POV

We sat in North's room until 6pm. North was awake for about an hour, then dozed off for about 30 minutes. He startled awake finding Sang in his arms and he relaxed. He talked with me and just looked at Sang for a while before he dozed off again. This time I said to Sang, "I am curious if he is replaying what happened in his mind. Last time he woke up, he looked like he was going to have a panic attack until he realized you were next to him."

"That could mean a few long nights for him if he stays at the hospital." She murmured.

"I don't normally approve of his looking in on you at night through the cameras, but maybe while he is in the hospital, we can let him see you are with us. Volto didn't take you." I really hate this. We were just getting him to stop watching her sleep. But if he wakes up in a panic again, I don't know what other choices we have at present.

We sat quietly for another 20 minutes when again, North startled awake the same as last time. Fear written clearly on his face, then relief as he found Sang in his arms.

"Shhh, North Star. I'm safe, I'm right here." Sang cooed at him, stroking his chest. Then she looked at me and nodded her head. There it was, the acceptance that he can look in on her through the cameras at night. I will have to insist it is only while he is in the hospital.

"North, we need to get going and I think the others will be coming by later tonight. Miss Sorenson and I have talked. It is obvious that you keep waking up with a start, looking for Sang." He looked so lost, like a little child about to be reprimanded. "Sang has agreed that as long as you are in the hospital, you can open the camera app to see she is still safe. Tonight she will be staying at my place. I do not want you to call her in the night, waking her up. She needs her sleep, as do all of us, you included."

"I will obey." North responded.

"Good, now Miss Sorenson, if you will say your goodbyes, we will be on our way."

Sang whispered in North's ear and his eyes closed as he pulled her in close to his chest. When he released her she kissed his lips and then climbed off his bed. She squeezed his hand one last time and turned toward the door. I opened it but before we could exit Sean was stepping in with a "thank you" to me.

I held Sang's hand as I explained to Sean about our agreement with North and the camera apps and the reason behind it. Sean looked concerned that North would be constantly dreaming about what happened and what could have happened if Volto succeeded. But he nodded and smiled at North, then threw over his shoulder as we were leaving, "I'll be over when my shift ends at 11pm."

"See you then." I responded. "Now Sang," I asked as I walked right next to her, letting our fingers brush against each other, "what do you want for dinner?"

"Do you want me to make something?" She asked.

"I thought since it is already dinner time we can just go to a restaurant. How does "Outback Steakhouse sound?"

"Um...ok. If that's what you want."

Out at my car, I opened the passenger door for Sang, then went around to my side. When I got in my car I leaned over and kissed her. Pulling away I murmured, "I have waited to do that for hours."

"Thank you for bringing me to see North. I think both he and I needed that today. And I am glad you got the kiss you have been waiting patiently for." Sang grabbed my hand as I was driving us to dinner.

"Speaking of kisses... this Saturday I get to pay up my reward." I began.

She giggled, "I thought the reward was a movie in the park?"

"It is a movie, and I was trying to tell you that I will be picking you up at 5:30pm. What were you thinking the reward was?" I said straight faced.

She floundered, "you just said... I wasn't the one... Ugh, how is it that you went from 'Speaking of kissing', to Saturday's reward?"

"Kissing you reminded me that we have a reward date on Saturday. And you might want to wear something warm. It is supposed to be in the low 40's on Saturday night. I will bring warm blankets for us to sit on and place over us. As much as I like the way your legs look in skirts....wearing a skirt Saturday night would not be practical."

"Does it bother you that I chose a reward from you where we will need to be dressed more casually? I didn't stop to think about clothing as much as I just wanted to experience a movie in the park."

I was just pulling into the restaurant parking lot. I parked in a space, put the car in park then turned it off. I turned to Sang, placed my hands on her cheeks and looked into her beautiful green eyes. "I could care less what clothes we are wearing on our date. We could be in the fanciest of clothes or the grungiest of clothes, or even no clothes at all. It is not what clothes we wear, but what company I have on a date. And you, my love, are who I want to spend my free time with."

"Wow!... Just wow." Sang leaned in and kissed me. I couldn't help the chuckle that escaped. It feels good to laugh and feel free around her. "You really wouldn't care if our date required no clothes?" I let her see my full smile as I laughed.

"Not as long as I was naked with you." I winked. "Let's go eat."