Part 146

Part 146 - Friday Dec. 6th

Gabriel's POV

Badminton? Seriously? Who the fuck even plays that sport anymore? Is it even a fucking sport? "Nate, does this even constitute as a sport?" I asked in a whisper, not wanting detention when tonight I have Trouble time! Shit yea, Trouble Time!

"I think they even call square dancing a sport." Nate was chuckling.

"I wouldn't mind square dancing with Trouble, but I don't want to have to promenade any of these other skanks "2 by 2, all the way around that's what you do." I sang-chanted like the square dance callers do.

"I'm afraid it might be in the curriculum. It was when we were in Elementary school, all through 5th grade." Nate groaned as he said this.

"Well if it is, we rock, paper, scissors for who Trouble is partners with. The other can maybe have Karen as a partner. At least she is friendly to Trouble."

"Deal." Nate stuck out his hand to shake on the agreement.

The coaches had just finished explaining the rules of how to play. "Now for the real treat!" The coaches were excited... That was never a good sign. "You will play doubles, on a team with someone of the same gender. And you will play mixed doubles, on a team with someone of the opposite gender."

"If you're gay, are you considered a boy or a girl?" One of those shitheads that joined Greg in trying to beat me up at the first of the year asks while looking right at me.

"I don't even need to answer that question, John." Coach French glared at him.

I looked at Nate and we both put our fist out, pumping it in the air, "1, 2, 3, shoot." I threw scissors and Nate threw rock. Mother fucking ass hat won.

He laughed and smiled. "Guess I get Peanut for this one."

"Whatever shitface. I'll beat your ass with Karen as a team mate." I looked over to Trouble and she was looking at us with worry written clearly on her face. I pointed at Nate and then her to tell her she is to play with him. Then I pointed at myself and with a sideways quirk of my mouth pointed at Karen. I was asking if Karen could be my partner. Trouble lit up and held her finger up in a wait one second gesture.

Trouble turned to Karen and asked her a question. Karen looked over at me and I raised my eyebrows with a half smile. She looked back at Trouble and nodded her head. Sweet! At least it can be the four of us playing against each other and we don't have to deal with fuck faces like John.

"Once you pick your same gender badminton partner, come get a racket and a shuttlecock." Coach French announced.

"Shuttlecock!" John yelled and started laughing. "Do any of you tricks want to help me shuttle my cock?" He boomed toward the girls.

"Eeewww!" Lots of girls complained while others just giggled.

"I don't want another shuttlecock joke. Detention for the next one." Coach French stared all of us down.

Nate and I grabbed our rackets and a shuttlecock, Sang and Karen were right behind us. I picked up two rackets for them and handed the rackets over. "Thanks Meanie." Trouble spoke in her sweet angelic voice.

"So Karen, are we going to wipe the floor with these two or what?" I was trying to sound excited even though I was pissed that Nate gets to be Sang's partner.

Karen laughed, "trash talking just sounds out of place with a game like badminton. It is too proper of a sport."

"If this is considered a sport, why are there not any professional badminton matches aired on TV?" Trouble asks. I hooted with laughter, great minds think alike.