Part 174 Fate Intervenes

Part 174 - Friday Dec. 13th

Sang's POV

Silas showed up just after the last text I received from Gabriel.  I was still smiling like the crazy girl I am.  Kota insisted on answering the door since he wanted to be sure it was Silas. 

"Aggele Mou, you look...entelós ekpliktikó."  (Downright amazing). Silas pulled me into a tight hug, his face in the crook of my neck.

I giggled, "I am going to take that as a compliment."

"It was Aggele, it definitely was."

"You two have fun, and if you run into any trouble Silas, you are to get her to Victor's.  His place is on the route your carriage should be taking."

"Will do Boss."  He looked serious.  It has been quite an unusual day.

"I don't think we will have any more incidences today.  Haven't we had our fair share already?"  I asked.

"Don't tempt fate again!"  Silas bellowed then knocked his knuckles on the wooden coffee table.

We got in Silas' car and drove downtown listening to the radio.  "This should be fun.  I haven't done the touristy stuff here yet."

"Kota said Victor's house is on the route.  Why haven't I ever seen the horse drawn carriages before?"

"I don't know.  But they usually stop in front of his gate for the tour to take pictures.  It's something George and Jasmine encourage.  They like everyone to know they are wealthy."

I sighed, "I feel bad for Victor.  That has to get old.  He is forced to be in the public eye with his piano and his home is on display for tourists.  Does he have anywhere he can be without the spotlight?"

"When he is with our family, he gets the reprieve he needs.  I think tonight he has another rehearsal for his concerts this weekend."

"I wish I could be at them more to support him."

"Yeah, but George is riding his ass right now.  Jasmine is being pushy.  We just don't want you anywhere near George or the drama Jasmine could create."  I nodded, understanding what they said.

"And what about you Silas?  How are you doing since Theo went back to Greece?"

"He is happier there.  And Mr. B reminded me that no matter what choices he makes, they are his to make.  The consequences that follow are his to bare.  I cannot control him or make his choices for him.  We are not the same."  Silas' eyes looked sad.  I don't want him upset for our time tonight.

"I know what you mean.  Marie seems to be making poor choices, but I can't change her or her ways.  She has to do that herself, and want to do it.  I think she is liking her freedom and taking full advantage of it."