Part 119

Part 119

Sang's POV

All of the guys were dressed in casual clothing. And most had on dark clothes too. Not all black, but no one had on bright clothes. Except Gabriel and Nathan of course! But they were staying here with me. My babysitters for the night. I wanted to sigh but knew that would draw attention to my frustrations.

"You all know your assignments. Be safe, get it done quickly, and unless there is a need to head straight to the hospital for anyone...we will meet back at Blaze's house. Stay in touch over the burner phones." They all held up their phones to indicate they were ready and set.

I walked to the door and stood there watching as Victor, Sean, Luke and Kota got in one car and North, Silas and Owen got in the other. Gabriel had his arm around my waist and Nathan had his arm around my shoulder as I gave a small finger wave to the boys I love. If any of them get hurt I don't know what I will do?

My emotions are fried! First, I had a marvelous six days with my boys when it came to a heart wrenching end with Mr. Peters' death. Then I found out I was gifted a house and cute car. I was happy and wanted to celebrate the love Mr. & Mrs. Peters shared for 66 years. To only have a crushing blow delivered, that another new friend I had made was dealing with a crisis of his own. His five sisters were abducted and he had a few days to get the abductor some information before he either killed them or sold them into slavery. I was fearful and nervous and felt at a loss. How was I even going to help?

Both Gabriel and Owen made me promise to stay away, and I do not want to get myself into trouble, but how do you stand by when people you care about are being put in harms way?

"We can't just sit here!" I blurted out.

"Oh yes we can!" Nathan growled. "And that's exactly what we are going to do. My ass will not be grass because you tried to help."

"Don't you want to help? Doesn't it feel wrong to know your family is going to be put in harms way tonight?"

"Why don't we do something else to distract us from the mission until it is over. Let me think." Gabriel was pulling me into the living room as he came up with a plan. "I've got it! I want to cash in on one of my birthday coupons!"

"Which one?" I asked.

"You get to paint my nails. I missed out on the last time of nail painting. This time it is just me."

"Ok fine. What colors am I painting?"

Gabriel ran off to Nathan's bathroom and came back with nail polish. Neon orange and hot pink. "For you and me." He said with a shrug. Inspiration hit me.

Nathan put an action movie on for the guys to watch while I painted Gabriel's nails. I began painting his nails with a base coat of neon orange. "Can I have a toothpick please Nathan?" He went and got me one.

Then on Gabriel's thumbs I put a circular blob of hot pink down by the cuticle. Using the toothpick I pulled the blob of hot pink away in a rectangle. The corners of the rectangle I pulled out to side points. Then using the toothpick I made a straight line come out from it. I smiled at my artwork.

Gabriel looked at it, "hey, you made a guitar! You did great Trouble! Now do the other thumb." He was smiling. I don't know if he really likes it or is just saying that to make me feel better. But I began the same process on the other thumb.

Nathan looked over at Gabriel's fingers and nodded. "Well done Peanut. But, I'm going to let this one be just the two of you. No offense."

"None taken Honey. Besides, this was Meanie's birthday present, not yours." I stuck my tongue out at Honey.

"She fucking told you, asshat!" Meanie chimed with a chuckle.

"Dickhead!" Honey shot back.

I felt the need to change the subject. "How do you think the mission is going? Will they keep us posted in their updates?"

"We will check in with the others in about an hour if we haven't heard anything. But we will only be checking with Mr. B, Silas or North. The others could get hurt if they get distracted." Honey explained. I blanched at the thought of them checking a text from me, just to get hurt. My stomach rolled with the thought.