Chapter Seventy: The Final Showdown

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —

"You need to stop screaming..."

- Abigail Grace

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —

[present day]

JJ pulls the door open to the garage, both girls stare confused at the large boat in front of them, before locking eyes with each other.

"There she be. Hey, girl." JJ says, smiling with pride at the boat. He walks towards it, pulling a sheet off the front of it. "1983 Formula 402 SR1. The Phantom." He turns to both girls, before continuing. "The first boat to make it to Bermuda in under sixteen hours." He runs his hand along the side of the boat. "40 years old! 40. And still the fastest thing that Kildare's ever seen."

Kiara rolls her eyes at Abigail, who just shrugs, a small smile on her face at the sight of JJ smiling. "It's kind of a junker." Kiara comments, walking over to her car to back it in to the garage.

JJ looks at the girl in disbelief. "Really? She's right there, Kie. She can hear you." He says to her, as she ignores him and pulls the car back. Abigail rolls her eyes, walking towards the boy. "Let's just put it this way, we would not be smoking weed right now, if she never existed."

Abigail nods. "Oh, now it all makes sense." He lightly shoves her shoulder, as Kiara slams her car door shut, and joins them again.

"I just hope it runs." Kiara says, as JJ begins latching the boat onto the back of her truck.

"Oh, she'll run alright. She's faster than any cutters the boys in blue got." He tells her, and both girls nod.

Abigail opens her mouth to speak, but the sound of a bike approaching stops her. "Pope, finally!" Kiara calls out, as the tires screech on the concrete outside. The brunette girl walks away from JJ and Abby to meet Pope halfway.

Abigail turns to JJ. "You know, this was supposed to be our way out." He tells her, sadly, gesturing to the boat.

She gives him a sad smile. "John B needs it more than we do."

"Hey, there."

JJ and Abigail snap their heads up at the sound of a male voice, that definitely didn't belong to Pope.

Rafe.

"What's going on? JJ, Abigail..." He greets them, as Kiara slowly starts backing up away from the older kook. JJ moves in front of Abigail. "How you guys doing?" He asks, jumping up onto the boat, to look for John B.

Everything happens too quickly. One second, everyone hears a whistle, and before the three teens can think about where it came from, JJ hears Abigail gasp. He spins around, finding Barry holding the girl.

His girl.

"Well, well..." The drug dealer had one hand wrapped around the back of her neck, keeping the girl at his side, before cocking a gun with his right hand. He points it directly at JJ, who raises his hands in the air, keeping his eyes on both Barry and Abby.