Chapter Thirty Four: Trouble in the Bubble

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —

"But I don't want it to stop."

- JJ Maybank

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —

[present day]

JJ stirs awake when he hears a lawn mower kick on outside. His eyes flutter open, forgetting for a moment where he is. But he's soon reminded when he looks down at the girl asleep in his arms.

A smile immediately crosses his sleepy face when he sees Abby. He wishes he could wake up like this everyday. In a bubble with no kooks, or treasure hunts. Just Abigail.

Pope was right. He's got it bad. And for a girl so far out of his league. A girl that deserves so much more than he can give. A girl he can never have.

The lawn mower sound gets louder, he snaps his head over to the window, wishing he could close it. Abigail stirs in his arms, so he looks back down at her. He watches as her storm colored eyes flutter open, immediately meeting his.

She smiles. "Hi."

"Hi." He smiles back.

She glances over to the window, groaning. "Fucking MJ and that lawn mower." She brings a hand up to rub her eyes.

He chuckles. "What time is it?"

She turns in his arms, glancing over at her radio on the dresser. "9." She tells the blonde.

JJ groans. "I promised Pope I'd help at Heyward's."

Abby giggles. "Wow, how generous of you."

He rolls his eyes at the girl. "Watch it, pretty girl, or I'll make you come with me."

Abigail sits up, wishing she could stay like this all day, and shut out the rest of the world. But they can't. So she tosses her legs over the side of the bed, and gets up. JJ groans again, which makes her giggle. She turns to him, extending her hand to him. "Come on, blondie, you have work to do."